This weather is awful - 2022 to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep! I listened to him for a while this afternoon, and then started browsing what other livestreamers were providing concerning weather conditions.

Did you hear how bad that tornado was in north Little Rock? Wow. And there's a bad one approaching Covington, TN right now. Seems like the worst tornado outbreak I have seen in a long time.

Yes - I heard a little bit about Little Rock when I first started watching. Now they're concentrating on the Covington, Tn tornado. Lots of tornados out there.

Yes - I heard a little bit about Little Rock when I first started watching. Now they're concentrating on the Covington, Tn tornado. Lots of tornados out there.

I'm really glad that you are keeping an eye on all this! There is another one somewhere near Springfield, Illinois but I'm not exactly sure where. Ryan Hall and the rest of those guys probably are talking about it.

Tornados are getting closer. One is very close to BIL and SIL near Kewanee, Il. They're hunkered down in the basement with no power

The storms have just passed us here in my part of Texas... A good bit of hail (a lot of pea sized but I saw some up to one inch) Really strong winds (est 60+ mph ) and very heavy rain... It was all over in 30 mins... Oh, and of course, the power is out again. :mad: But the generator is doing it's job.

Last edited:
Tornados are getting closer. One is very close to BIL and SIL near Kewanee, Il. They're hunkered down in the basement with no power

Hoping they will be OK!

The storms have just passed us here in my part of Texas... A good bit of hail (a lot of pea sized but I saw some up to one inch) Really strong winds (est 60+ mph ) and very heavy rain... It was all over in 30 mins... Oh, and of course, the power is out again. :mad: But the generator is doing it's job.

Glad the storms have passed by you already. Sounds like they are moving fast.

Glad the storms have passed by you already. Sounds like they are moving fast.
These late winter and early spring storms are really starting to get old. At least we are okay and no real property damage.

Hoping they will be OK!

Thanks - BIL and SIL still in the basement with power out, but with a generator running.

We are under a severe thunderstorm warning with 90 mph winds. It looks like one band of tornados is east of us. And we are at the south end of the other line of storms/ tornados that came in from western Illinois. So we are kind of between the major storms.

Forecast for rest of day, 60+ mph winds for SW PA.
Generator tank full, gas cans full, truck tank full. Let it blow.

15:36 local time Edit: The big wind went around my aea, elswhere about 135,000 customers are without electric.

See, when prepared, nothing goes wrong.

Last edited:
So, don’t leave us hanging. What did the mom do, give her permission, ground him for a week, send him to his room?

Man, I hope she told the busybody to mind their own business lol.

We're in a tornado watch and thunderstorm warning. Thunderstorm warning came true. Some hail and heavy rain now. Rained 0.7" in the last 5 minutes. Max intensity 3.90"/hr. Hardly any wind.

We had one of our very rare tornados yesterday on Oahu. We get maybe 2 in a decade. For a moment, I was sorta teleported back to Tornado Alley.

That storm must have a big footprint, even up here in northeast WV we're getting wind warnings of 55 mph gusts.

We had a bit of strange weather yesterday. Started the day gray and cloudy, followed by rain, hail, thunder and ended the day with bright sun shining.
Expecting rain/snow showers for the next three days. Range of predicted temps for the next week are 32-69.

No rain in the two-week forecast in Northern CA.

Typically right around Easter just when it looks like Spring is coming, we get one last snow flurry. Checked that box off last Tuesday.

Yesterday, I had it all made up in my mind that I would paint the rusted (now treated) iron gate at our condo. Was literally getting the drop cloth and back up plastic (to stop overspray) when a 20 mph wind came up for the rest of the afternoon. Maybe today. You never know when you might get a calm day. They're few and far between here.

weird weather continuing....woke up to light snow falling, now the sun is out! :)

^^^^
Good luck... We had one of those T words (confirmed) pass about 20 miles to the north of us late yesterday. Seems worse this Spring than I recall in recent years. Today it's been bright sunshine and ~90 degrees.

Last edited:
^^^^
Good luck... We had one of those T words (confirmed) pass about 20 miles to the north of us late yesterday. Seems worse this Spring than I recall in recent years. Today it's been bright sunshine and ~90 degrees.

Thanks. Wow - you had a near miss at 20 miles. I don't think any of the recent Illinois tornados got within 20 miles of us. I agree - seems like this spring has been worse than normal for tornados.

Thanks. Wow - you had a near miss at 20 miles. I don't think any of the recent Illinois tornados got within 20 miles of us. I agree - seems like this spring has been worse than normal for tornados.

I'm sure I've mentioned that when I lived on the prairie, we had a T miss our house by a couple of hundred yards one year. Before it missed us, it picked up a house about a mile away and dumped the whole thing onto the road. In our back 40, the T laid over/snapped off 50 trees. We had to replace a fence that a tree destroyed when it fell. Otherwise, just debris in the back yard.

Next year, a T (smaller this time) went through our front wheat field and dumped part of someone's barn in the yard. We didn't lose so much as a shingle, but we had a lot of clean up w*rk to do. YMMV

I'm sure I've mentioned that when I lived on the prairie, we had a T miss our house by a couple of hundred yards one year. Before it missed us, it picked up a house about a mile away and dumped the whole thing onto the road. In our back 40, the T laid over/snapped off 50 trees. We had to replace a fence that a tree destroyed when it fell. Otherwise, just debris in the back yard.

Next year, a T (smaller this time) went through our front wheat field and dumped part of someone's barn in the yard. We didn't lose so much as a shingle, but we had a lot of clean up w*rk to do. YMMV

We have had similar tornado escapes. Tornado about a mile away mangled many of trees and knocked out power at our house for several days. We had several friends lose their homes in that one. I was in a tornado at work where I was trapped in an elevator with my boss when it hit. Power was out. We were able to pull the elevator doors apart and get out between floors. This was the 1990 Plainfield Il F5 tornado , but we were in the outskirts at about an F2 range. Minimal damage to the building we were in.

I’ve seen several others that were about a mile away while at work also.

DW and I have taken storm spotter classes and became certified storm spotters after the local 2015 tornado.

Last edited:
Now we are into several days of very heavy rains and an unusual amount of lightning. It started raining/lightning yesterday and really got heavy last night and it got a good bit cooler. (we hit 90 degs a few days ago) It should all clear out by late Friday night. Heck, it looks like even the drought stricken areas of the state are getting some of these rains. :)

I looked at the Texas drought maps this morning and was a little surprised to see my area is still considered abnormally dry. :confused: That doesn't seem right at all. The ponds and lakes have been full for 6+months, the rivers are higher than usual and I've had to plan outside activities around all the storms for many months. The ground is totally saturated and has been for a while.

Oh well, at least no Tornado watches/warnings the past few days.:dance:

Last edited:
A bit more rain here. We had to cut our Fredericksburg trip a day short to avoid driving home in constant thunderstorms all day.

Tuesday we got 18 inches of snow and hubby’s work place was closed, so we got a beautiful snow day together. Yesterday the sun came out and melted about half of it. Today the sun is out in full force again so I suspect the rest of this will be gone in the next 24-48 hours. Fortunately did not get the wind that was forecasted. The snowfall was lovely and helps with our current drought conditions. Feeling blessed. Hopefully we are at the end of the tornadoes that have been wreaking havoc in parts of the country!

I hear the tater wagons rolling!

We are getting some much needed rain in the Austin area. Finally a slow steady rain without the usual extreme storm. Also a 90% chance tomorrow! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom