This weather is awful - 2022 to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to move somewhere where 51 for a low is cold. We will likely not see 51 even for a high for at least 5 months. In the mid 20's the next couple mornings. My furnace was on for 7.5 hours yesterday and it's not even technically Winter yet. Never set it for over 70 yet it's still on a lot.

I can't think of anyplace on the mainland where you could more or less guarantee you'd never get as low as 51. Maybe the keys?? Only time I was there was in August. Key Largo to Key West was HOT. I still recall the gulf looking like a see of glass. Not a whisper of wind. Scratch one more place off the "consider living" places. Think I'll stay put.

I can't recall ever getting much lower than the very high 50s in Honolulu and that was only at night - and rare - maybe once or twice in 15 years. Of course, at altitude (think Haleakala, Maui or Mauna Kea, Big Island - heck, maybe even the Pali Lookout on Oahu at 2000 feet) It can get that cold - and colder. We watched the sunrise from Haleakala in January and it was 31 degrees at 10K feet. Some poor (dumb:LOL:) tourists went up there that morning in shorts and halter tops. Fortunately, some really decent folks shared a blanket with them and there is a glass wind-break seating area as well. Still, goose flesh all around.

Oh, and if you're interested, I don't recall ever getting to 92 in Honolulu, though I suppose it's happened occasionally. That's my kind of weather parameters, but YMMV.

I can't think of anyplace on the mainland where you could more or less guarantee you'd never get as low as 51.

In SE. Fla, with 51 as your daytime-high, that would be perhaps 2-3 days per year.

As an overnight-low, you'd hit that somewhere like 10-14 days a year, with a few in the 40's, but back in the 50's by about 9am.

The last couple of days have been below freezing when I got up in the morning, which I love. It makes my morning run go noticeably faster. Looking forward to the rest of the cool weather.

Texas (south) or Louisiana where it rarely gets below freezing, but it does happen once every few years. Plus, it's pretty inexpensive to live here.
Funny what just another ~100 miles will do further away from the Gulf's influence. That's about how far I'm away from you to the north and it was 29 here this morning. My dog loved it.

Last edited:
Got snow this morning. About 1 1/2". It is snowing now but not sticking it is 34F in SW PA.

Our 4 yo granddaughter had her first snow documented by her daddy and sent to us from the heartland. SOOOooo cute. Naturally, she had to catch the snow flakes on her tongue. I think that must be a universal reaction of kids to snow. YMMV

Left Florida a couple days ago sunny in upper 80's, Drove north, got home to northern Illinois in the low 30's in a snow storm.

Temps ranging from high 40's to low 60's and a bunch of rain coming this week, starting today. We need the rain, so all is good.
Just makes for wet, muddy puppy paws to clean off after a walk!

OTOH, today's weather is incredibly gorgeous!
It was in the 20s last week, and today is bright sunshine in a cloudless sky with temps in the 70s. A perfect "Indian Summer" day!

And it's election day, so very little excuse not to go to the polls.

OTOH, today's weather is incredibly gorgeous!
It was in the 20s last week, and today is bright sunshine in a cloudless sky with temps in the 70s. A perfect "Indian Summer" day!

And it's election day, so very little excuse not to go to the polls.
Same here, super day. My excuse for not voting today, I voted last week. :)

We’re finally getting serious rain! Rain is very light, but has been steady for 48 hours and we’ve managed to accumulate over 2.5 inches!

We’re finally getting serious rain! Rain is very light, but has been steady for 48 hours and we’ve managed to accumulate over 2.5 inches!

I'm so envious! We have rain predicted for the next three days, but I'll believe it when I see it. We haven't had a good, soaking rain for such a long time.

My new heat pump is busy pumping heat from the outside environment into my house. It's working rather well. Maybe that is why the rest of you are so cold?

I'm so envious! We have rain predicted for the next three days, but I'll believe it when I see it. We haven't had a good, soaking rain for such a long time.

Looks like it’s finally stopping, but after 3 days we managed to accumulate 3.32 inches!

Looks like the same system is over you already.

We got a break from the drizzly rain to have a cold sunny day here today. It is a nice Autumn day.

Today is one of those days we get for a few days in Autumn and a few days in Spring.

Perfect. Low 70's, clear, bright sunshine, low humidity, no wind. Almost makes me want to get outside and do some work around the property..... Almost!

Last edited:
Today is one of those days we get for a few days in Autumn and a few days in Spring.

Perfect. Low 70's, clear, bright sunshine, low humidity, no wind. Almost makes me want to get outside and do some work around the property..... Almost!

Quit using that four letter word!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom