Top 10 skills

But TeX typesets so beautiful equations that can bring tears to your eyes.

This is a learning curve that I'll be climbing this spring, unless I can hand off the equation typesetting to a family member who is already an expert. I'm inclined to give it a try myself and see how it goes. 😎

Being incredibly absentminded.

(Example: Had some old cereal in a ziploc bag for a snack. Poured it into a cereal bowl just now. But I forgot that in the bag, there were also two pennies. When the cereal was in the bowl, wasn't looking and actually put a penny in my mouth. Spit it out)

As far as other skills, lost quite a bit with a head injury but have a few left, namely decent spelling skills.

These are my skills:

1. I can wash up, get dressed and brush my teeth all by myself.
2. I can read and write.
3. I can add and subtract.
4. I know my address and telephone number.
5. I can share my toys and wait my turn.
6. I can sit still and use my inside voice.
7. I can keep my hands to myself.

The good news is that I mastered them all by the time I was 5 and haven't needed to learn any others since.

Last edited:
I broke my left foot last week, and so I am learning about all the lost skills that I had always assumed. One of the biggest issues is that our condo has 2 levels and it is impossible to pee from the LR/MBR/Patio without taking that one step!

OTOH have booked wheelchairs at both ends for our flight home next Saturday. That should be a novel experience.

I'm good at negotiating.

I probably have some other skills too, but that's the main one that gave me my career opportunities and allowed me to RE.

I can walk and chew gum at the same type. All kidding aside, I like to joke about everything. Is it a skill or a fault?

Along the way, learned the "skill?" of arrogance, which led to the posting of this ego trip.

Not 'arrogance', rather 'information dissemination'. ;)

OTOH have booked wheelchairs at both ends for our flight home next Saturday. That should be a novel experience.
My DW used to be too proud to use a wheelchair. The distances in airports for someone who is now mobility limited are horrendous. We now book a wheelchair on every flight.
Last year we toured Butchart Gardens, and I rented a scooter for her. At first she was reluctant to have it, but afterwards said it was a great idea.

These are my skills:

1. I can wash up, get dressed and brush my teeth all by myself.
2. I can read and write.
3. I can add and subtract.
4. I know my address and telephone number.
5. I can share my toys and wait my turn.
6. I can sit still and use my inside voice.
7. I can keep my hands to myself.

The good news is that I mastered them all by the time I was 5 and haven't needed to learn any others since.

All the skills needed for a good life.

“These are the things I learned (in Kindergarten):

1. Share everything.
2. Play fair.
3. Don't hit people.
4. Put thngs back where you found them.
5. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.
6. Don't take things that aren't yours.
7. Say you're SORRY when you HURT somebody.
8. Wash your hands before you eat.
9. Flush.
10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
11. Live a balanced life - learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.
12. Take a nap every afternoon.
13. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.
14. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Stryrofoam cup: The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
15. Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
16. And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first workd you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.”
― Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

All the skills needed for a good life.

“These are the things I learned (in Kindergarten):

1. Share everything.

2. Play fair.

3. Don't hit people.

4. Put thngs back where you found them.

5. CLEAN UP YOUR OWN MESS.

6. Don't take things that aren't yours.

7. Say you're SORRY when you HURT somebody.

8. Wash your hands before you eat.

9. Flush.

10. Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.

11. Live a balanced life - learn some and drink some and draw some and paint some and sing and dance and play and work everyday some.

12. Take a nap every afternoon.

13. When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.

14. Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Stryrofoam cup: The roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.

15. Goldfish and hamster and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.

16. And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first workd you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.”

― Robert Fulghum, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

Exceptions for 2, 3 and 7 are when self defense is needed. Then hit hard, fast and precisely to inflict damage.

Back
Top Bottom