TV on the computer - Wow!

Or maybe they'll finally come up with ala carte subscriptions.

That will never happen in the USA due the the cable programmers (not cable providers) companies' economics.

ESPN, TBS, TNT etc can only afford their Sports contracts and entertainment because they are on the basic tier and are getting very good per month sub fees - TBS 80 cents/month; TNT 50 cents/month; CNN 45 cents/month or something like that.

Do you really think TBS is worth 11.20/year plus tax to you pay? Or if you don't watch sports ESPN worth paying for.

With Digital over the air people might just cancel their cable services. Remember that cable services came about so that people could get over the air signals or better reception.

In some countries you can choose just the channels you want. They have very advanced TV settop boxes.

ESPN, TBS, TNT etc can only afford their Sports contracts and entertainment because they are on the basic tier and are getting very good per month sub fees - TBS 80 cents/month; TNT 50 cents/month; CNN 45 cents/month or something like that.

I have wondered whether ala carte will work. Right now we get piles of satellite channels, most of which we don't care about. If I had to chose, I guess I only want HGTV, CNBC, HBO, Comedy Central and G4 for Star Trek reruns.

That is one Big Ugly Antenna!

We've been off Dish now for about 10 days. So far so good...

Back
Top Bottom