what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, me too. Don't go away, bbbami! Don't give whoever it was the satisfaction. Put on those boots and do some stomping!

That should about take care of Day Two. :D:D:D So far, it is beyond me how anybody could possibly regret retiring. This must be the "honeymoon" because I am infinitely happy right now.

I'm in year three of the "honeymoon". It only gets better! :flowers:

After a very hurtful post was directed at me last night (thankfully the post was deleted) I've decided my posts will be very few and far between on this forum.

But, I'll be around every once in a while to see how y'all are doing. :)

BBB, please don't let one person drive you away. I for one always enjoy your sense of humor and sassy attitude.

This place wouldn't be the same without you.

After a very hurtful post was directed at me last night (thankfully the post was deleted) I've decided my posts will be very few and far between on this forum.

But, I'll be around every once in a while to see how y'all are doing. :)
All right, that's it.
This bad news has got my Greek French and Irish going. :mad:

This TX lady is my absolute favorite sidekick here. There is no reason in the world, or universe for that matter, to take low blow pot shots at such a good soul.

Whoever you are, I sincerely hope you are long gone.

Ok...nostrils are unflared...hooves flat on the ground...

Today, I am officially an Admiral shares account owner. This is my very first one and it is a true landmark for me. :blush:

I also talked to 3 VG reps regarding some Roth IRA transfer paperw*rk that got held up because I checked 1 too many boxes on the form for an in-kind transfer. One of the reps actually complimented me on my overall investing knowledge.
Now who could possibly be responsible for that ? :whistle:
Thanks everyone. :flowers:

Don't be too sure, FD--there are still some folks who like those annuities, after all. ;)

I have decided I have a sign up in front of my gate that says "stray animals please come here". A cat and a dog have shown up within the last 4 days, plus the sick kitten I brought home (4 weeks old) from my uncle's barn cat. I need to retire so I have time to take care of all these animals!

You retired people...with all this time on your hands! :)

I would think virtually everyone on this board would know more than a Vanguard rep.........;)
Well...I'm the first in my own line to admit I'm still on the learning curve. And I'm totally ok with that. ;) I just need to learn how to fill out forms correctly. :whistle:
My mind still seeks the straightest line between Point A and Point B. Not always the case with investing and portfolio management, eh? :LOL:

Today is one of those days where I can just goof off. Now what shall I do....not a darn thing involving paperw*rk is sounding pretty good right now. :)

:greetings10:Well, it's RAINING here. It's been RAINING for quite awhile. I think my neighbor Noah's been talking to God again, he's hammerin' on something and I've noticed alot of herons circling the ever rising lake behind the house. I'm glad the other side of the lake shore is just a little lower than ours. Sorry, neighbors... They say this will be continuing for awhile, but I've decided NOT to worry until I see a pair of elephants show up. Then I'll see, if I can book passage. ;)
Went to 24hr wally-world late last night for e-supplies and manage to navigate through what must be their nightly restocking ordeal. Surviving the gauntlet, with a fresh supply of milk, eggs, go-go juice, etc. I'm sure we'll survive another few days. While I was out, filled the gas tank; and water blasted the undercarriage, when I hit one of those flooded areas at 50+MPH. Hard to see those after midnight. OH well, with all systems still working nominally I proceded with slightly more caution. Of course, loading/unloading the car in the downpour did tend to dampen the spirits, among other things. Let's just say overall it was a very chilling experience.:mad:
With that Chill in mind, I decided to extend our week after T-day at the Daytona Beach TS by 5nights in a resort in Sarasota, a couple blocks from Lido Beach. Got another amazing deal (via discovercard to hotels.com)... DW can spend some time with her Sis and I can some time with some warm white sand site seeing. OH life's a beach sometimes anyways - something to dream about while watching the rain and wind...:cool:

BBB: who is the f****r in question that has offended you? All your friends here are raring to go kick some ass....!:mad:. Not that you need any help in that endeavour:D

SO had to go to Naples today so I went along for some shopping . On the way back we stopped at Gulf gate ave. in Sarasota which is loaded with small pubs and restaurants . All in all a great day to be retired and having fun .

I took a walk this morning and was feeling kinda energized. Really like being energized once in a while. Went to the grocery store since they were having a really good 1 day sale. I think all the seniors in town were there. There won't be anything left for the working stiffs later today. Stocked up on veggie soup supplies, blueberries and walnuts plus other good healthy foods. A sign at the store said .13 cents off per gallon/gas at their service station today...so I will stop there when doing my afternoon errands.

Made a pot of veggie soup yesterday - took some to MIL. I will have some more for my dinner later. I'm having a nice day.:D

OH NO: We just lost the Lynnhaven Pier. Hope the Seafood House is OK.

We're getting pummelled, but y'all are getting completely destroyed. Saw the runaway barge with the chlorine load down in Sandbridge (on TV). That's a worry. Hope you're on high ground. Went to the boardwalk in Ocean City yesterday. The beach is completely gone, underwater. 15-20' waves, as opposed to our normal 1-3' ones. Amazing.

Mostly we're just emptying the bucket from our leaky window. Six gallons so far. :mad: And we made some chicken soup. :)

We're getting pummelled, but y'all are getting completely destroyed. Saw the runaway barge with the chlorine load down in Sandbridge (on TV). That's a worry. Hope you're on high ground. Went to the boardwalk in Ocean City yesterday. The beach is completely gone, underwater. 15-20' waves, as opposed to our normal 1-3' ones. Amazing.

Mostly we're just emptying the bucket from our leaky window. Six gallons so far. :mad: And we made some chicken soup. :)
OH Nooo....:nonono:
Many here flooded, in shelters, and/or w/o power. We're high and dry thus far. Our colony pines in the yard are still dancing in the breeze -- one across the lake must have tried some 'break dancing' and is just laying around now waiting for the homeowners' association to cut it to pieces. Things are calm and some of the puddles have actually started to soak in. NOT sure where it's all going. The outerbanks of NC got schwaked. There's houses down there that aren't down there anymore. They say the dunes are gone and high tide promises more damage this evening and tomorrow.
The stuff they're doing with the barge, ie pumping on seawater ballast to keep it from floating away is interesting. Can't wait to see how they drag it away once the storm is gone and the tide drops. Perhaps it will become a permanent local attraction.

Gave blood and rewarded myself with a small steak.

Weather: no rain here so far this month and none in the near future; temps above average.

If you ignore your roses long enough, neighbors will start trimming them.

Stunning sunny day here in western Pa with temps in the 60's. I got up early to jog at the high school track. Then I got spiffed up to attend a Christmas designer's showcase house that was opened by the owners to benefit a garden club. Interesting but not to my taste. Big new tract house and lots of fake decorations no doubt made in China. Each room had a different interior designer and florist. Sipped some punch there and scarfed some cookies(the best part of the tour). My co-worker and I then headed off to canvass local furniture stores in search of a comfy chair for her mother-in-law who is coming home from the hospital next week.

It's project time again! (still. Some more.)

Since we have guests coming (son flying in for Thanksgiving) I've been tasked with getting the TV working in the guest room. The olde set worked pretty well for green and blue, but not so much on red, and earlier this year mysteriously :ROFLMAO: started getting snow instead of picture. So...

Off to get one of them flat TVs. Oh, and the old TV was hard to see while lying in bed, so could I maybe put it higher somehow? And maybe get a DVD player, because there just aren't many Beta tapes these days. (Yeah, yeah. Next I suppose you'll want me to replace the videodisc player?)

Oh, and the old set needs to be recycled, and there's some other stuff to go to the hazardous waste place. (Nasty stuff that had been living in the garage and under the sink in my mom's old house, dead florescent tubes from FIL's place, etc.)

And Wal-Mart's on the way, so could you pick up some grocery items only found there?

And that Costco shower curtain you put in the upstairs bath two months ago? I'd like one of those in the guest bath, too. (Eep! After two months? Nothing lasts that long at Costco!)

So, I got out of the house today. Funniest thing I saw were all the signs at the E-waste drop saying that items in the bins were NOT free! In at least three languages, no less. (There are deposits on electronics purchases, and the E-waste collectors get to claim the deposit to help fund their operation.) Nothing like a trip to the dump to start your day, before finishing a Saturday at WalMart and Costco. :blink:

Sunday is supposed to be my "no responsibilities and no exercise" day. But I have a rehearsal tonight, and I have to put together Christmas songs (I think I'll go with Let it Snow, Sleigh Ride, Have Yourself a Merry, and Chestnuts), plus start on the mouse-proof screening for the vents, have DW cut my hair, and neaten up the house.

Work, work, work.

What I did so far today

Roxanne and I settled a disagreement while listening to my latest vinyl buy Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes Wake-up Everybody

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We finally straightened out the Soul Singers and their love life gone wrong scandals and who got scalded by hot grits controversy

Turned out that

Al Green was scalded by hot grits from a jealous girlfriend who then shot & killed herself
Sam Cooke - shot and killed at LA motel ( no grits involved)
Teddy Pendergrass - paralyzed after crashing his Rolls filled with ******* into a tree. (probably no grits involved)

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Teddy Pendergrass - paralyzed after crashing his Rolls filled with 3 hookers into a tree. (probably no grits involved)
[/FONT]

Three Hookers while driving. Isn't that True Grit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom