What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the doctor for follow up on blood and urine tests.
I am perfect.
Cholesterol is high but ratio is 2.5. She asked about the medication (zetia) and I said I stopped taking it months ago.
Liver, kidneys, hemoglobin all great, even though taking several prescriptions.
Now if they could just do something about the arthritis...

Now if they could just do something about the arthritis...

You could have it scraped off like the doc did with my knee cap arthritis during meniscus repair surgery! (that will open your eyes!):LOL:

Glad to hear you are Perfect, though!:cool:

Designed the sound system for my outdoor projector back yard home theater. Had a double-double at In-N-Out Burger, took Lucy to the dog park and cut some wood for the project.

Took my 98 year old Dad to the lab to get blood test done. He has an artificial aortic valve and is on Coumadin. Frequently he needs a PT and INR blood test done. Later in the day the doctors office called and asked me to increase his drug dose. The value of 1.8 was still too low.

Dad lives with DW and myself. He has some dementia and it is so variable. Some days he is totally lost and on other days he is almost normal. We will do our best and care for him at home as long as it is possible.

Purchased a Dell S2715H LED monitor at Staples. $199 in-store seemed a very good price. Not top of the line, but optimum for work use. Amazing how much more fits on a screen than the ancient LCD screens of 19" and 21" size.

The first "real" snowfall (6"+) of the season is expected tonight and overnight, so I spent a couple hours putting away the deck furniture, removing screens, etc. Last weekend I put the winter tires and cleaned the garage, so I'm officially ready for winter.

Pick up some prescriptions for me and DW, then gym day today, then stop at the doc's office for her flu shot (I got mine late September). Then home for lunch, log on here, and I'm charging some batteries to go out and fly the new UMX Timber STOL airplane if the wind dies down enough.

Oh, and renew the license plate for DW's car online. They now charge an extra dollar to do that online (last year it was .50¢) but it is worth it to not have to fiddle with the paperwork.

The first "real" snowfall (6"+) of the season is expected tonight and overnight, so I spent a couple hours putting away the deck furniture, removing screens, etc. Last weekend I put the winter tires and cleaned the garage, so I'm officially ready for winter.

We're getting snow here too in the Seattle area. Kind of unusual for early November. Not sticking much, but pretty to watch falling.

Pick up some prescriptions for me and DW, then gym day today, then stop at the doc's office for her flu shot (I got mine late September). Then home for lunch, log on here, and I'm charging some batteries to go out and fly the new UMX Timber STOL airplane if the wind dies down enough.

Oh, and renew the license plate for DW's car online. They now charge an extra dollar to do that online (last year it was .50¢) but it is worth it to not have to fiddle with the paperwork.

The price of gas is worth something, too. Let's see - - suppose gas is $3/gallon, so that $1.50 would buy you just 1/2 of a gallon. Suppose your car gets 24 mpg. Then, if the motor vehicles place is 6 or more miles away, it's cheaper to do it online. Besides, there's oil, wear and tear on the car, parking, and most important: the value of your time.

6978-albums171-picture1165.gif

Yesterday we wandered around Sofia and encountered the "I carry EVERYTHING in the entire world in two square feet" store.

The place was like two side by side closets crammed with the widest variety of 'stuff' we've ever seen in one place.

(Pretty sure I saw a nuclear reactor alongside a B-52 on one shelf.)

27yqzi8.jpg

Our last full day in Sofia.....went out for another extended stroll.

Stopped here, picked up a couple of these goodies and consumed them standing on the street corner.

Hey, who said we never 'Dine Out'?

2d0hnyh.jpg

2ug1o20.jpg

Just picked what I suspect will be our last ripe tomato this year. Raking leaves this afternoon.

Dad lives with DW and myself. He has some dementia and it is so variable. Some days he is totally lost and on other days he is almost normal. We will do our best and care for him at home as long as it is possible.

Good for you. I know from personal experience that that can be tough, and often, seem thankless. Was one of the hardest things I've ever done...

Mule deer hunting with my son. It was snowing and cold but was great to be with my son and he harvested a great buck. A great day in paradise! Lol

This morning we had our dress rehearsal for the (excerpts from) Mozart's Requiem tomorrow. Stopped at Aldi's on the way home to pick up the week's food.. Boy, do I hate shopping on weekends, but the nearest Aldi is closed for renovations. I can't wait until I can get back to weekday grocery shopping. This afternoon I re-purposed an old car cover as a weather cover (think giant grill cover) for my patio observatory. Took the sewing machine out to the patio table to stitch it up and finished the last seam just as the raindrops started falling.

Blew out the gutters, reinforced the gutter drain pipes, measured and cut some wood, had Hong Kong style (pan fried noodle) chow mein for lunch, made a couple of stiff martinis for tonight (chillin in freezer) gonna boil some shrimp for cocktail and roast some chestnuts for appetizers.

Last night I pored over the newly released JFK documents for as long as I could. So far this has been severely disappointing, whether or not one believes that Oswald was a lone nut and the assassin. The documents appear to be mostly just trash, although interesting trash.

Oh well, at least it was fun to see some old CIA personnel files, with their performance assessments and forms for step increases. They looked just about like they do in government personnel files today. I admit, these documents are fun to browse through from an historical viewpoint.

Finished up two nights of babysitting the 5 and 3 year old granddaughters. Parents can't get here soon enough. Hilariously exhausting.

Hilariously exhausting that's a perfect description of it..I can't wait to see them and and can't wait to go home...

Took DD2 small game hunting at one of my favorite honey holes. We spotted a squirrel that we got corralled in a tree and I let her blaze away. She managed to get buck fever with a squirrel, way too excited to see a live target to get a good shot. I finally helped her calm down, but the squirrel had disappeared. She had a great time anyway. Came home with a rabbit and I let her order a toilet seat-sized pile of nachos at the little rural restaurant we hit for lunch.

Took DD2 small game hunting at one of my favorite honey holes. We spotted a squirrel that we got corralled in a tree and I let her blaze away. She managed to get buck fever with a squirrel, way too excited to see a live target to get a good shot. I finally helped her calm down, but the squirrel had disappeared. She had a great time anyway. Came home with a rabbit and I let her order a toilet seat-sized pile of nachos at the little rural restaurant we hit for lunch.

Well done, Brewer. Some of my young wife's fondest memories are of small game hunting with her dad. She actually never managed to bag anything, but just being out there with him meant a lot to her (and still does).

Sounds like a great bonding experience. However, maybe a hubcap sized pile of nachos would be a better description. Or a trash can lid. Or pretty much anything else.

After the horrific church shooting in south Texas today, it was fortuitous that we had our annual Evensong service planned for this evening (All Saints Sunday). It's a time that the choir provides the message through our music and tonight we all needed it. There were a lot more people there than normal, so I guess we weren't the only ones.

After the horrific church shooting in south Texas today, it was fortuitous that we had our annual Evensong service planned for this evening (All Saints Sunday). It's a time that the choir provides the message through our music and tonight we all needed it. There were a lot more people there than normal, so I guess we weren't the only ones.
Your beautiful choir music must have been comforting for so many. I am glad you were able to participate and help. What a terrible tragedy.

Signed the closing papers for the new house. Have moved some stuff over. Will sleep and have breakfast here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom