What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day two of metoprolol. :)
BP is sitting around 120/80 my RHR in the 70s. The pulsatile tinnitus is barely noticeable. Oh I feel like a human again.;)
I love metoprolol. It keeps my BP and RHR both in line with what they are supposed to be, and has done so for years. I have had zero side effects, too. Plus, it's generic so it is cheap.

Had an appointment with the oncologist this morning. He said the PET scan showed no sign of any remaining melanoma. We are of course elated.:dance:

We would have gone out to lunch to celebrate but DW is still sick with a cold so we'll do that later on.

Good news!

I still find it surprising that the doctor ordered a PET scan. It appears to me that the small cancer Walt had was just Stage 1 or Stage 2, hence not all scary. Of course it does not hurt to check.

I still find it surprising that the doctor ordered a PET scan. It appears to me that the small cancer Walt had was just Stage 1 or Stage 2, hence not all scary. Of course it does not hurt to check.

I suppose it was out of an abundance of caution, which is better than being cavalier about it. It'd be a bear to have skipped the test, then find out later there was still some left....

Great news Walt. You should take the rest of the day off.:D

Woo-hoo, Walt! :clap: :dance:

It's a stunningly gorgeous day here in Louisiana, so I think Mother Nature is celebrating Walt's good news as well.

Great news, Walt!

Another busy day:

- Walked dogs and got kids to school
- spent 3 or 4 hours cutting, splitting and stacking firewood so I could tarp it up ahead of tonight's downpour
- Cleaned up sawdust mess and squared away the yard for bad weather
- Fiddled with taxes
- baked bread
- Now working on dinner, roasted goose with giblet gravy and roasted root vegetables.

Great News, Walt!
Today I finished cleaning the louvers of the FAU furnace cover. I then installed the new metal latch and put the cover on the FAU Done!:D

Great news Walt!

Today was a horrible day but it turned out alright in the end. Oh the power of positive praying.
In the morning, my husband was sick, possibly food poisoning, so the whole morning we rested at the hotel. Then near lunch time, we went out to get lunch and it was flurry and freezing. Stuck at the food place for two hours then when the sun came out, we quickly went inside the park and took some nice shots. Proof we were here after all.
Then when we got back to the hotel it was flurry and freezing, hard visibility, 29F. I'm glad to made it back to the hotel ok. Finally we went out again for dinner at the same restaurant that we had eaten earlier and the weather was nice, I managed to capture a few more shots of the canyon while the daylight still there.
Tomorrow we are off to another place. I don't think I will be back to this place, I'm glad I've got a few photos to capture our time here.

Last edited:
I suppose it was out of an abundance of caution, which is better than being cavalier about it. It'd be a bear to have skipped the test, then find out later there was still some left....

Better than being a cadaver about it...

Today I set up automatic estimated tax payments for 2017, at EFTPS for the IRS, and at the LADOR site for Louisiana estimated tax payments. On the correct dates, both online services will automatically deduct my estimated taxes for each quarter from my checking account (my choice of several payment methods). I have saved the appropriate screenshots with all info including confirmation numbers.

So, now I don't have to even think about estimated taxes, except to confirm that the correct payments have been made each quarter. I have done this every year for quite some time, after Audreyh1 enlightened me about EFTPS years ago. It's so convenient.

I received a call from the doc who did my colonoscopy. He'd showed me pictures of something he doesn't understand. Shiny spots on the walls of my colon. Biopsy says they're white blood cells, he's talked about it with a colleague and they decided to repeat the test in six months! I guess I am involved too.

At the end of the conversation he thinks it's a result of some herbal medicine I'm on so I am not too worried. Of course I still get to do the entire test all over again.

DW is due in a few months and was griping about it. I told her I was done with sympathy.

Today was a tough day at the AARP tax prep center. The servers were slow, two of the counselors were missing, we had a packed schedule, and lots of unusual entries. It wasn't pretty but we got through it.

PSA: Simplify your finances as you approach your mid 70's. It's probably not necessary to have money spread among half a dozen banks and three brokerage companies.

I declared today a snow day. Its the first decent amount of snow in a couple of months. I plowed a bit this morning and am now goofing off on the computer/web. I could be working on the house but I have not gotten used to the idea of being able to work even in bad weather. :)

Put in about 5 hours adding trailer wiring to my new Highlander. It comes with plug and play wiring for a 4 pin plug but requires trailer brakes for trailers over 1000 pounds, thus needs a brake controller added. While doing that, I also wanted to add a charge wire for the trailer as well as a video wire for the trailer rear camera.

The good news was that today was a 70+ degree day in SE Michigan.

Teeth cleaning today. Hate it!
Hygienist typed on computer for at least 15 minutes, supposedly "updating" my health records. For all I know she could have been writing emails. Our conversation during that time went:
Is anything changed since your last visit? No.
Any surgeries since your last visit? No.
Are you still on x and y medications? Yes, nothing's changed.
Any new medications? No.
Any new discomfort or pain in this tooth? No, nothing's changed.
Do you still brush twice per day? Yes. As I've said, nothing's changed!
We still have to ask these questions. Do you still floss once per day?
Yes! And I really need to get back to work pretty soon.
Let's now take your blood pressure. Very good!
And then after another 5 minutes of "updating " my health records the actual cleaning commences. A 20 minute procedure took about an hour.

Aargh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom