What did you do today? 2019 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microwave, oven, and toaster oven. Had to spend ten seconds on each.

Everything else, including our cars, updated itself back to standard time last night.

Sometimes you just gotta love the Internet of Things!

Everything else, including our cars, updated itself back to standard time last night.

+1

Wall clock
Clock radio
Watch
Oven clock
Car clock
Thermostat

5 minutes of my life 2x a year. I think I'll survive! :D

We are unwinding after 2 very stressful days due to the Maria fire. We watched it start at about 6 PM Thursday. We were up until about 4 AM watching it burn across the top of the mountain.
Fortunately, the wind was blowing away from us. The next morning we got an alert to evacuate our home. Fortunately, after the Thomas fire last year, we made up an evacuation check list so we did not forget anything important.
We stayed at a motel 10 miles upwind from the fire, and the next morning checked the emergency website to see if the evacuation was lifted.
Since checkout was at 11, I drove home at about 10 AM, and saw the barriers were unmanned. I stopped at the clubhouse, and there was one of the other residents watching TV. I went back to the motel, loaded up our cars, and went home. Thank goodness, it was still standing, and we unpacked everything.

Installed new carb on motorcycle, going to change oil, fill with fresh gas and get on down the road. Then up on Craigs list.

I have a Timex digital clock with a large easy to read screen, and it resets itself automatically. Problem is, the reset happens on odd dates. This year it reset last Friday. :facepalm:

Arizonans do not fool around with our clocks. We do not go along with this silly clock resetting thing.

The only change is I can sleep in a bit later in the morning, as the stock market now opens at 7:30AM local time instead of at 6:30AM. Sometimes, getting up to catch the market as it opens can make me a bit of money.

Case in point: last Friday, I woke up a bit early as usual, and saw that the market was looking to go up due to some positive rumors about the Chinese trade war. I tried to stay awake till market open, in order to sell an out-of-the-money put option contract on an ETF. I then went back to sleep. Woke up an hour later, and saw that the ETF had gone up as expected, the put strike price got further into the red, and the $3 option had dropped down to $1.95, making me $105 already. I will let it become worthless in a month, in order to make $300 on this single trade done on a lark.

Last edited:
Went to Costco to by gasoline and went inside to pick up some nuts. Then I had one of these:

Sundae.jpg

(410 calories) :blush:

Why is my photo sideways? :confused:

Spent time with our child

Walked our dog at local park

Watched Monsters University and Inside Out

Went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream (cotton candy and vanilla)

Popcorn

Chill

Did a bit of work on 1 of our 4 vehicles.

I am reminded how it is more fun to work with electronics; I do not get dirt and oil under my fingernails, nor have to change clothes afterwards.

Put fresh gas in the bike, turned the fuel tap on, gas flowed into new carb, gas didn't leak, turned ignition on, pulled choke out, cranked for a second and started right up!

Yeah baby! Just like it's supposed to - :)

Warmed up, turned off choke and set idle speed. Nice.

I bought a Craftsman sliding compound miter saw, https://www.woodmagazine.com/review.../craftsman-21237-10-sliding-compound-mitersaw and cut up all the new baseboard trim for my bathroom project. I have already installed the new carpet, transition strips, and repainted spots on the walls.
I bought Craftsman 1/4 inch drive metric and SAE socket sets a couple months ago and the quality was very inferior to my older Craftsman hand tools. What do you think of the quality on the miter saw?

Turbotax 2019 OK for Win7

For some reason, I had to reinstall my TT 2018. While doing the updates, there was a message from TT that TT2019 would be compatible with Win 7, but not TT2020.
That gives me a year to load Win 8 on my PC.:dance:

Last edited:
Got stopped by a cop for the first time in many years. The guy was belligerent, but I refused to give him his conflict and got off with a warning. Glad that is an infrequent encounter. :blush:

What got his attention?
Road was narrowed to a single lane via a long row of orange barrels. It was unclear to me if an exit was actually closed or just partially blocked by the row of barrels, which were widely spaced. Evidently the exit was closed.

If your car can squeeze through between two barrels, then the lane is not closed. :angel:

I bought Craftsman 1/4 inch drive metric and SAE socket sets a couple months ago and the quality was very inferior to my older Craftsman hand tools. What do you think of the quality on the miter saw?

It seems to be of decent quality, but not like the older machines. I still have 99% of the large Craftsman tool set I got upon graduation in 1983. I have only had to replace the inner workings on a few ratchets over all of these year.

Dog to the vet, prune back the roses, then off to county tax office to pay property tax bill, and on the way back, we stop at our favorite mom and pop hamburger joint.

It’s my Birthday, so cake is on the menu. Unfortunately not in ER yet, and stuck at work atm. Just 1 more thing to look forward to, all birthdays off :)

So far, I raked up leaves and planted my garlic. The gardening is now done for the season and I won't go back out there until April.

Flogged my newly rebuilt scooter down the road hard, blew the carbon out! Thing ran great and now I have to sell it, "sigh"

Oh well need the space and still have 2 motorcycles to ride - :)

Finished up with a delicious black garlic tonkatsu ramen and fried calimari.

Went to get the stitches out of my eyelids. Fun time, sounds worse than it was. Doc was very happy with my outcome.

Unfortunately it was getting dusk as I was leaving. It's an hour to home and in the first half hour I probably saw 100 deer along the road. As it turns dark, they're still there only I can't see them. Three jumped out in front of a car ahead of me and scared the ..... Still took time to enjoy a great view.20191104_174017.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom