What did you do today? - 2020 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, they'll sanitize before they reinstall it.

ROFL!! For sure, and as a bonus it sounds like a very "2020" sort of measure for them to take. :) Maybe they'd put a cute little tooth-sized face mask on it too. :ROFLMAO:

They aren't going to reinstall it. The tooth is badly split in several directions and falling apart, so it no longer can support the crown. I was mostly concerned about swallowing it in my sleep and having the sharp edges of the crown carve up my digestive tract as it passes through (and with my luck, probably followed by septicemia, this being 2020!). :D
But seriously, sorry for your dental woes.
Anyway, thanks for caring. I am lucky to have the best dentist in the universe and the oral surgeon that he works with is wonderful too.

Hurricanes? Wildfires and earthquakes out west? Unrest in the cities? Wars and terrorism overseas? Contraversial election? Pandemic? Tooth falling out? What's next? I am looking forward to a day when I can just do nothing for a change, except maybe take a nap.

I endeavor to be like my cats. They care about very few things - is the bowl full and the box empty? Is there a lap available? That's pretty much it.

I endeavor to be like my cats. They care about very few things - is the bowl full and the box empty? Is there a lap available? That's pretty much it.

That's all I want, too, if 2020 would just back off a little! :LOL: Bet they wouldn't like being dragged off to the vet tomorrow to have a tooth extracted.

Attachments

• kitty2.jpg
    kitty2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 138
Hurricanes? Wildfires and earthquakes out west? Unrest in the cities? Wars and terrorism overseas? Contraversial election? Pandemic? Tooth falling out? What's next? I am looking forward to a day when I can just do nothing for a change, except maybe take a nap.

Sorry to hear about the tooth! That's just icing on the cake for this year for you with all that's gone on.

Well, today, three friends and I went to the golf course in this beautiful weather and played a round, then followed it with a late lunch at Cracker Barrel. It was a mind-cleansing day for us!

Sorry to hear about the tooth! That's just icing on the cake for this year for you with all that's gone on.
Thanks for caring. :)

Well, today, three friends and I went to the golf course in this beautiful weather and played a round, then followed it with a late lunch at Cracker Barrel. It was a mind-cleansing day for us!
Now that sounds to me like a perfect day! Glad you had fun today.

Mortared in 4 concrete blocks (the big ones) for the tool shed. 8 done, 4 to go.

Today is our anniversary, and DW is afraid to go out. After volunteering at hospice, I drove into town to a seafood restaurant. I ordered two lobster rolls that we will have for dinner tonight.
We usually go to an ocean-side restaurant and have 10 ounce lobster tails to celebrate.
We used to order live lobsters from the Lobster Guy back east, but the cost is about the same and we are catered to instead of having to prepare them ourselves.

Was a gorgeous day. 70 and sunny which is pretty good around here for November. Cleaned up leaves. Cut mom's grass. Leveled and resanded some pavers out front. Kept an eye on some important world events.

I was reviewing algebra 1 from my state's education department website. I got through several exercises well enough, but then I needed to divide and I realized I'd forgotten how, so I used a calculator for the answer, looked back at my division problem to reverse engineer how to divide, and I still can't get it. So, now I'm going to look up how to divide manually after successfully doing algebra.

(1/.16)

...OK. I see I got my guzintas confused with my divided-bys, plus I was hoping for a way to break down 16 into 100 but I guess there is none.

Last edited:
Sent in the payoff for our mortgage. Really just a housekeeping thing - with the payments we've been making for several years, it would have paid off in January, but I decided to get it done now so that it won't hang over into 2021.

Very nice, MB Austin. Congratulations on your new freedom.

Wow, CONGRATULATIONS, MBAustin!!! :dance: :clap:

What a great accomplishment and it's wonderful that you won't have to pay any more mortgage payments. :D

As for my day today - - this afternoon I will have that molar extracted, and then after that I will have weeks to recover, nap, play Animal Crossing (my favorite video game), and other relaxing stuff like that. In case anybody doesn't know it, I love being retired! :LOL:

Sent in the payoff for our mortgage. Really just a housekeeping thing - with the payments we've been making for several years, it would have paid off in January, but I decided to get it done now so that it won't hang over into 2021.

That is great!

I am on the opposite side of this: My mortgage will be paid off in March if I don't do anything. I tried to pay it off this summer, but I spent much time on the phone to request a payoff amount, and then it never came.

Sooo, in the end, I decided to just let it ride, and let the mortgage company handle paying my property taxes one more time. (This decision is costing me ~$50, but I concluded it wasn't worth my time and effort.)

You can always send in more than you owe. They will refund you the difference.

Thanks for all the nice thoughts! FYI, I was surprised when I went to Wells Fargo website to set this up that I could request the payoff statement online. I paid the payoff amount by bank bill pay and sent the paperwork in the mail with a note. Hopefully it all works out OK. WAY easier than I expected!

Surfed the net for an hour then started rechecking my tax planning while generating income for next year and tuition expenses near the end of this year. Had about 5 iterations, as I'd miss income of miss an expense or had an error in the tax due on a LTCG. Made a sale of a vanguard mutual fund, Tried a limit sale on a stock, but it didn't transact. I'll try again tomorrow. I went for a 5.25 mile walk, and talked with an old acquaintance for 30 minutes. Drive to Wells Fargo and closed an account. Realized I didn't add that Wells account to my spendable income, so another reiteration. Tacos for supper, yaa!

Got that molar extracted by my super-terrific oral surgeon. Thanks to his skills, plus Novacaine and laughing gas, I experienced no pain whatsoever. What a relief to have that behind me.

I just had dinner which wasn't painful at all. BUT... I forgot to buy ice cream! How could I forget. I think oral surgery provides a good excuse for a pint of Blue Bell. :facepalm:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 203
Mortared in the last 4 cement blocks and cemented the gutter after removing the plastic. Now ready for the wood. Converting a concrete sloped (dog run) into a decked work area with a shed.

Yes, we have dogs, but they live with us inside and not out in dog jail.

Set up a new model R/C airplane. I already have one of these but this one is destined to be on floats. Occasionally an area about a half mile away floods after heavy rain or snow melt and this will be fun on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom