What did you do today? - 2021 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how's she feeling?

feeling fine...normal. the process was a well-oiled machine. counting the 15-min post shot wait to make sure a third eye didn't show up in your forehead we we're in the building maybe 25-minutes.

feeling fine...normal. the process was a well-oiled machine. counting the 15-min post shot wait to make sure a third eye didn't show up in your forehead we we're in the building maybe 25-minutes.

:D:LOL::D

Finally ordered my Ford Bronco. Covid and supplier issues have delayed the release. Don't know when I'm going to get it. Also did some woodworking, shopping at Menards, lunch at Jimmy Johns and a visit to MIL.

Ronstar >>> if I may ask, what TRIM package did you get? Base, Badland ETC.?

You getting the 1.5L or 2L?

Last edited:
Got notices from both the IRS and the State of Louisiana, that the info I submitted via TurboTax for payments with my 2020 tax returns, was incorrect. They submitted the account number to the bank and the bank said no such account.

Well I know I still have an account! I log into it every day. So, I probably gave them the wrong number. I went online and paid both again, re-copying the account number and routing number from one of my checks. If these payments get kicked back, I'll try using a credit card.

This is DEFINITE proof that I am now older than Methuselah! Gee. What a milestone. :rolleyes:
What happened to using eftps.gov to pay your Federal taxes? We just tell TurboTax we are paying separately and use EFTPS to schedule the 1040 payment for April 15.

I'm at Hollywood Beach FL, enjoying the food, live music and people watching on the Broadwalk.

Attachments

• PXL_20210226_195243268.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210226_195243268.MP.jpg
    811.6 KB · Views: 66
It seems that COVID-19 shot had an effect. Nothing terrible, but I slept off and on for much of the day. Very mild arm soreness, I don't even notice it unless I lie on it.

Tried to find a new bedspread as the 20 yr old one needs replacing. Now they sell comforters instead that are too small.

Making lasagne, pull apart cheese bread, and brownie ice cream cheese cake (layer brownies then ice cream the magic shell ..... works as long as GS1 cuts it as cold magic shell is hard to cut) for family dinner (just the 9 of us)

Ronstar >>> if I may ask, what TRIM package did you get? Base, Badland ETC.?

You getting the 1.5L or 2L?

Those are the engine options for the Bronco Sport that is already being sold. The Bronco Sport is the smaller version of the Bronco. The full size has not started production yet. I'm getting a full size Big Bend package with a 2.7L. Ford is having several supply chain issues on the full size Bronco. I don't have a clue when I'll get it.

Gotcha!
That will be a great outfit. I will do some reading on the Big Bend and i like to looks of them.

Thanks

Took a 30 min drive over to the nearest "cultural" city and had lunch at favorite Mexican place. Then went to a VW dealer and test drove an VW Atlas, then to a Jeep dealer after that test drove a Grand Cherokee. Both VERY nice cars, but I am leaning toward the GC for a near purchase. Headed back home, picked up some really good Cabernet on sale at the State run Packy's (a New England term), then to the grocery store to get seafood for dinner tonight. Then home to a frenzied greeting by the two fur kids who are not used to us being away for 4+ hours.....

Last edited:
Completed a refinancing application for our mortgage.

Went back and forth between paying it off quickly from retirement accounts (about 5 years) and refinancing. Have decided on refinancing, but reducing the term from 30 years to 15 or 20. The shorter term also helps with getting enough of a rate reduction to make it work.

^ Look wonderful!

At Ft Zachary Taylor State Park, Key West.

Walked the beach, waded, took some pics. Hanging out in the amazing shade.

Attachments

• PXL_20210301_190847794.jpg
    PXL_20210301_190847794.jpg
    639.6 KB · Views: 48
At Ft Zachary Taylor State Park, Key West.

Walked the beach, waded, took some pics. Hanging out in the amazing shade.

Very nice.

I'm in Orange Beach AL but it's rainy here. Will be tomorrow too but nice after that. Still good to get away. And I can get some good food even if outdoor activities are a no go.

Very nice.

I'm in Orange Beach AL but it's rainy here. Will be tomorrow too but nice after that. Still good to get away. And I can get some good food even if outdoor activities are a no go.

Love that beach.

Typical Monday for me... got up around 6:45am and left for golf gourse at 7:45am... 18 holes (bad front nine, good back)... lunch with friends... return home and a couple hour nap. Life is good.

Picked up a prescription, then on to Home Depot to get a 4 cu. ft. garden dump cart. According to DW, March is the beginning of the end of winter and the start of spring. Who am I to argue? Anyway, last fall when I was using a jackhammer to dig up the dirt (lots of shale rock here) to plant new grass in some bare areas I just used a bucket to haul the rocks I pulled out to the spot where we dump them.

Not this year! I'll use the dump cart, it looks to be much better than a wheelbarrow. A temptation I'll have to resist is to sit atop the rocks and ride it down the hill - I'd be lucky to not break any bones. But it sure will be tempting.

Went for a hike - icy trail is turning to mud. And the critters are starting to come out. Came home and worked on a woodworking project.

Spent time sharpening my jointer knives in the woodshop in preparation for some barstools I'm making. Boring but necessary.

Picked up a prescription, then on to Home Depot to get a 4 cu. ft. garden dump cart.
You're reminding me that I need to buy a wheelbarrow. I looked at them, but treat such things too roughly to buy a cart with a plastic bed. The plastic wheelbarrow I didn't move spent most of its life with a sheet of plywood glued under the base. :facepalm:

Took a 30 min drive over to the nearest "cultural" city and had lunch at favorite Mexican place. Then went to a VW dealer and test drove an VW Atlas, then to a Jeep dealer after that test drove a Grand Cherokee. Both VERY nice cars, but I am leaning toward the GC for a near purchase. Headed back home, picked up some really good Cabernet on sale at the State run Packy's (a New England term), then to the grocery store to get seafood for dinner tonight. Then home to a frenzied greeting by the two fur kids who are not used to us being away for 4+ hours.....
Ah yes the Packy's. Grew up in Central Massachusetts and as 17-21 year olds we spent a lot of time in the local Packy's trying to find cheap beer.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom