What did you do today? - 2021 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not 'today' but last evening, DW helping me to the 'puter chair......fell on my ass....who knew a chair with wheels would move?

DW (5' 1 1/2" and 104 pounds) couldn't get me up....had to call an ambulance. We replaced the chair with a non-mobile one. :LOL:

Jeebus.. you fell with the new hip in situ ?

That can't have tickled... :(

Jeebus.. you fell with the new hip in situ ?

That can't have tickled... :(

Luckily I landed on the other hip.....(or maybe it was my butt).....paramedics asked if I wanted to go to hosp. Naah. :LOL:

It wasn't today, but last night, got the altimeter/variometer on the sailplane working with telemetry to the R/C transmitter. Flip a switch, and it gives out a rising tone when the airplane is ascending and an lowering tone for descending. This helps a lot in finding and staying in thermals, or columns of rising air. And when a button is pushed, it reads out loud the current altitude.

The airborne components, including the radio receiver, to make this happen weigh five grams. Ain't technology grand? I'm sure the tech to make all this happen has been around or oh, about a hundred years or so, but not at hobby prices.

Yesterday I hung drywall for the new bedroom basement...just 4 or 5 screws in each sheet to hold them in place.

Today I put in the rest of the screws and attached the corner beads. I might do the first coat of mudding later if I feel ambitious.

Today I went to the beach at Ft. Zachary Taylor State Park. Key West. Planning to return tomorrow.

Luckily I landed on the other hip.....(or maybe it was my butt).....paramedics asked if I wanted to go to hosp. Naah. :LOL:

Crikey... doesn't sound like fun and you got lucky.

Did they insert a horseshoe at the same time as the new hip ? :LOL::angel:

Enjoying a very rare event here in Central TX - it's been snowing steadily since 10am. Little doggie is confused (although not as confused as it looks - the picture is not rotated properly). It's quite beautiful and a lot of fun hearing the neighborhood little kids enjoy playing in it. Good day to make a big pot of lentil and sausage soup for dinner.

C5C0C1BD-B822-4381-8B6C-46CDCE07B461.jpg

B532E701-B24E-47FB-B46A-4933EAE65375.jpg

that sounds like the great daily activities. i can not wait when i can retired, only 37 years to go.

Not 'today' but last evening, DW helping me to the 'puter chair......fell on my ass....who knew a chair with wheels would move?

DW (5' 1 1/2" and 104 pounds) couldn't get me up....had to call an ambulance. We replaced the chair with a non-mobile one. :LOL:

Gee, that had to hurt.

Would it not be safer and more comfortable to surf the Web and chat on this forum with a tablet or a laptop, while laying in bed? I surfed in bed every night before sleeping all the time, with a laptop on my tummy.

Would it not be safer and more comfortable to surf the Web and chat on this forum with a tablet or a laptop, while laying in bed? I surfed in bed every night before sleeping all the time, with a laptop on my tummy.

Perhaps......if I weren't bored into semi-perpetual weltschmerz by spending too much time in bed as it was. ;)

Glad you're OK, Nemo! Take care and I'm glad there's a wheel-less chair by your computer now, at least temporarily.

Sad day. I brought two dogs into the vet but only one home. Our little Maltese, Cody, was 14 and not enjoying life anymore. He made it very clear the last few days. I've been getting up with him at 4am every day and we've been spending early morning time together.

He was a puppy mill dog from Joplin MO. and he had an interesting start to life. When we met him at the mill(long story) the power had been off due to an ice storm and the kennel moved indoors. There must have been 60-75 dogs and puppies running loose throughout this house and they were having fun. Cody was leading the pack . Dog crap all over the place.... I wanted to leave, DW wanted to get the dog out, she won.

We said our goodbyes this morning. RIP Cody.

Screwed the 100 watt solar panel to the storage shed roof, ran the wires, drip looped and strain relieved them and connected to the charge controller. Connected charge controller to battery and verified everything working great.

Storage shed now has off grid 12 volt lighting - :)

Sad day. I brought two dogs into the vet but only one home. Our little Maltese, Cody, was 14 and not enjoying life anymore. He made it very clear the last few days. I've been getting up with him at 4am every day and we've been spending early morning time together.

He was a puppy mill dog from Joplin MO. and he had an interesting start to life. When we met him at the mill(long story) the power had been off due to an ice storm and the kennel moved indoors. There must have been 60-75 dogs and puppies running loose throughout this house and they were having fun. Cody was leading the pack . Dog crap all over the place.... I wanted to leave, DW wanted to get the dog out, she won.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Saying goodbye is always difficult. I hope 14 years of happy memories will comfort you.

sorry for your loss. when that happens it's not like losing a member of the family, Cody was a member of the family. RIP

I did the inspection of our cabin purchase this morning...turned on the power and the electrical, crawled underneath to look at the structure, looked in the attic, etc. Couldn't check the plumbing as it's a 3 season place shut down for winter but what's there is new and I'm not too concerned. Even if I had to replace it all I could do it without too much trouble or expense. It's very well built and my friend has the cabin next door and knows the builder and the history of the place.

This afternoon I did the first coat of mud in the new basement bedroom (plus storage nook)...now I remember why I hate mudding :LOL: When I checked later there were a few bubbles on the taped joints but it wasn't that bad. I'm not a drywall pro so it will probably take me 4 coats and then a 5th pass for touchups.

I also did a short jog on the treadmill.

Heated exchange with my 83 yr. old mother about the flow of funds her children are providing to support her.:mad: Spent 30 minutes on the phone with my brother after he got a similar call:mad:

Otherwise, waiting for it to warm up past the 40's and get the flooring replaced this week from a water leak *last July*.

On the better side, the new bride has yet to retain an attorney:). Hitting the one year mark in March looks likely:)

I'm sure it will get better from here......

Heated exchange with my 83 yr. old mother about the flow of funds her children are providing to support her.:mad: Spent 30 minutes on the phone with my brother after he got a similar call:mad:...

ouch. sorry for your troubles. my mom was just the opposite. i offered to help many, many times but she was proud and refused all but once when she needed a hearing aid.

Today was my exercise in optimism. I bought our season tickets to the Goodspeed Opera House. Our first show - South Pacific - is on July 28th.

I went down to do another coat and there were more bubbles in the tape. I ended up cutting them out and "patching" those spots. :mad:

I hate mudding, hopefully it's clear sailing after this.

drove my BIL to O'Hare to catch his plane back to San Jose, CA. the departure drop-off was essentially deserted.

Got my Economic Impact Payment Card in the mail today. I almost threw it out as it had a little window with some babble about how it was not a bill, etc that sounded like marketing trickery to get one to open the envelope.

Now, I need to figure out the easiest way to turn it into cash in my bank account. I guess I can take it to my credit union and have them work some magic to wring the cash out without any fees.

I finally got the bidet that I ordered back in November from Costco. I must say that I like it. It is like having a tiny car wash for your butt. :LOL:

Sat outside in the nice weather with DW watching the birds at the feeder for several hours. Almost Paradise!

Left the house at noon with five R/C airplanes in the back of the truck and spent the rest of the daylight hours at the R/C field. Flew all five airplanes multiple times and brought them all back home in the same condition I'd taken them. Two of them had never been flown before (they're new) and I had no surprises.

What was new was that three have an on-board altimeter with telemetry back to the transmitter with an automatic warning if the airplane exceeds 400 feet and I can get the current altitude at any time by pressing a button. This matters because there is a 400 foot "ceiling" at the R/C field, which is normal, but made more important because there is a full size airport only three miles away.

And I got an email that tomorrow I can get a COVID-19 vaccination!:dance: They just opened it up to people 70 and above. Finally, an advantage to being old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom