What did you do today? - 2021 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today my wife and I got the privilege to have our step grand daughter spend the day with us. She is 4 and a joy to have around. Her mom has a court trial case today yet and my son is coming to get her tonight and take back home with him.

Got a new lab pup yesterday. Never thought I would do another puppy as my last dog was a year old when I got him and a lot of puppyhood was already behind him. An easy adjustment with him. But came across a yellow one and decided to take the plunge. Last night wasn't too bad....had to get up twice to let him out. And he's already learning how to sit on command. Named him Hogan after Ben Hogan....a famous golfer of the past. Pray for me.;)
Good looking pup. How old is he now?

I'm awaiting the arrival of our second pup this year. DW got a Shitzu in May I'm awaiting a mini Bernedoodle next week. Ghe Shitzu is well trained at this point; the pup? I don't need much sleep.

Last edited:
Thanks all.

Congratulations! Hogan is a cute little puppy for sure. Good decision. :D

How you feeling these days?

Good looking pup. How old is he now?

Eight weeks old. :eek: Got him plenty of chewy toys and those keep him busy. Also got him a stuffed dog that has a battery device inside that replicates a heart beat. Was hoping that would help him sleep through the night but pups have tiny bladders and they know when it's time to do something about it. At least he didn't tinkle in the crate.

Dentist today...cleaning, checkup, schedule made for making the impression for the tooth that is missing where the implant stud was placed three months ago.

This is so much fun!:blush:

Just got back from a few days of beach camping at a local state park. Had an awesome view and the dog has a great time. IMG_20211019_143130_969.jpgIMG_20211019_143130_889.jpgPXL_20211019_212653696.jpg

How you feeling these days?

Thanks for asking! I'm feeling better and better, in a sort of uneven way. Yesterday I felt the best that I have felt in a very long time. I had SO much energy and got a ton of housework done without feeling like I overdid it. So after that, at my suggestion we went out to eat for the first time since I got sick. (Crawfish and corn chowder for me! A pasta and shrimp dish for him.)

Today, not quite as much energy but still pretty good although I can tell that I shouldn't push myself like that again today. Today we/he did several loads of laundry and I did a little bit more minor housework here and there.

I love being out of the hospital and in my own wonderful home, and being able to spend time with Frank, who drops by several times a day to make sure I'm OK. I am still very weak but getting stronger as time passes by. It's so nice to be back in my right mind (whatever that is! :LOL: ) and not dealing with brain fog any more. :)

Thanks for asking! I'm feeling better and better, in a sort of uneven way. Yesterday I felt the best that I have felt in a very long time. I had SO much energy and got a ton of housework done without feeling like I overdid it. So after that, at my suggestion we went out to eat for the first time since I got sick. (Crawfish and corn chowder for me! A pasta and shrimp dish for him.)

Today, not quite as much energy but still pretty good although I can tell that I shouldn't push myself like that again today. Today we/he did several loads of laundry and I did a little bit more minor housework here and there.

I love being out of the hospital and in my own wonderful home, and being able to spend time with Frank, who drops by several times a day to make sure I'm OK. I am still very weak but getting stronger as time passes by. It's so nice to be back in my right mind (whatever that is! [emoji23] ) and not dealing with brain fog any more. :)
Great to hear W2R. Dare I ask: Will there be a "report" of your experience, in keeping with forum Covid posting rules? I know we are all happy that you seem well on the road to recovery and would be interested in your perspective, if and when you care to share.

Went to to pizza with wifey and then her first boat ride in the new (36 year old) boat.

Pizza rocked and so did the boat. Wifey likes it! She took the helm with a big smile on her face.

Boats are so much easier in a berth - :)

51616224551_4ca959b456_o.jpg

Very nice Robbie! Boating day trips are a lot of fun.

Bit of a brag...I just took the old fridge from our cabin to a scrap yard...could barely get it on the back of the pickup truck. What the heck, am I getting weak? Then after getting the receipt I saw that it weighed 280 pounds!! :cool:

Got home yesterday evening after driving trip of 4200 miles in 6 days. Helped a friend go pick up a new hot rod for him. Truck with a trailer, towed there empty and then loaded on way back home. We actually did the drive in about 2.5 days each way, but was 6 days away from home. Pretty much just get up and drive for the whole day and into the evening, repeat the next day. Kinda road tripped out for now, haha. But my friend is very happy with his new hot rod and me helping him out was a big help with switching out driving. Nice to be retired and able to do things like this.

Saw some beautiful country, most of it up along I-90 from MN to ID. All in had 8 states we were passing through. Montana is a very long state to drive though on I-90, 552 miles from one end to the other. Had a lot of great weather in 60-70s temps most of the time, and only 1 real bad day of rain. Snow had passed through WY and SD day before we were on return trip, cold temps in mid 30's that day through there. Nice fall colors on the trees up north. Here locally in southwest OH the warm temps until recently we don't have any color yet.

Bit of a brag...I just took the old fridge from our cabin to a scrap yard...could barely get it on the back of the pickup truck. What the heck, am I getting weak? Then after getting the receipt I saw that it weighed 280 pounds!! :cool:
Wow, they take refrigerators? Here you have to have the refrigerant removed. $$

Had a tooth (#2 molar) cut out earlier today. The novocain is just starting to wear off, so I imagine the afternoon will be fun.

A couple of days ago the kitchen floor started to buckle. Two plumbers later we’ve determined our dishwasher is dead and has been leaking for quite some time, the water has been going under the floor and there is mold in the hardwood floor. I have a mold remediation guy coming out next week, hopefully they can easily (and inexpensively) fix this.

The car satellite antenna stopped working.

We were planning on heading back to South Fl in the next couple of weeks, but that will have to be rescheduled. Some weeks you’re the hammer, other weeks you’re the nail. This has been a nail sort of week.

Had a tooth (#2 molar) cut out earlier today. The novocain is just starting to wear off, so I imagine the afternoon will be fun.

A couple of days ago the kitchen floor started to buckle. Two plumbers later we’ve determined our dishwasher is dead and has been leaking for quite some time, the water has been going under the floor and there is mold in the hardwood floor. I have a mold remediation guy coming out next week, hopefully they can easily (and inexpensively) fix this.

The car satellite antenna stopped working.

Oh, you're retired? So whaddya do all day? :facepalm:

Cut and cleaned some more timber at the ranch. Went and got SD cards and eat lunch at the cabin. A beautiful fall day to be in the outdoors.

A couple of days ago the kitchen floor started to buckle. Two plumbers later we’ve determined our dishwasher is dead and has been leaking for quite some time....

We had this last spring, only not quite so bad as to cause mold, but the hardwood floor was only a month old so this caused some concern. DW insisted on buying another dehumidifier (we already had one in the basement) and put that in the kitchen, and darned if it didn't work! We bought a smallish (50 pint capacity) dehumidifier and let it run in the kitchen for about three weeks and the buckling in the floor disappeared. We can still see a tiny bit of buckling, but it's one of those things that if you don't point it out no one would notice.

It was noisy and somewhat inconvenient but certainly less so, not to mention cheaper, than a new floor.

Micheal B is this a homeowners insurance claim? If it is, do you contact the insurance first. MT DH is pretty laid back when stuff like this happens and I think we've passed on a couple things that insurance would have paid for.

We had this last spring, only not quite so bad as to cause mold, but the hardwood floor was only a month old so this caused some concern. DW insisted on buying another dehumidifier (we already had one in the basement) and put that in the kitchen, and darned if it didn't work! We bought a smallish (50 pint capacity) dehumidifier and let it run in the kitchen for about three weeks and the buckling in the floor disappeared. We can still see a tiny bit of buckling, but it's one of those things that if you don't point it out no one would notice.

It was noisy and somewhat inconvenient but certainly less so, not to mention cheaper, than a new floor.
We have a nice dehumidifier and a good floor fan. Winter is coming so humidity will be low. Hopefully the buckling will disappear like yours did.

Micheal B is this a homeowners insurance claim? If it is, do you contact the insurance first. MT DH is pretty laid back when stuff like this happens and I think we've passed on a couple things that insurance would have paid for.
Homeowners insurance here is unlikely to cover, as damage from slow leaks is specifically excluded.

Got some docking hardware at the depot, went out to the boat and measured for the stereo installation, picked up some groceries for supper and now drinking rye whiskey!

Drove to town for an oil change. Left the jeep at the shop and walked to the bakery for donuts, then to MIL’s to get her shopping list, then to the grocery store and return with groceries. Then walk around town and picked up the Jeep. 7 miles of walking. Then some reading, a nap and some woodworking.

after work I sold the old truck project I was no longer interested in. It was a huge relief! I was going to sister's to help with the well, but this weekend it is not a productive move, so staying home. Now I can reclaim and clean the spot that truck occupied.

Heading out on this "bomb cyclone" day of rain for a meal with my siblings, usually we eat outside under cover, but we shall see today!
Love the rain , though. We really need it.

I raked some leaves on piles. We still have a lot to come down yet but a lot have fallen also. I plan on bow hunting later on this gorgeous fall day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom