What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice box. Too good for a screwdriver set. I would like to see the box filled with gold bars. Like this.

14387186-%EA%B2%80%EC%9D%80-%EC%83%89-%EB%B0%94%ED%83%95%EC%97%90-%EA%B3%A8%EB%93%9C-%EB%B0%94%EC%9D%98-%EC%A0%84%EC%B2%B4-%EB%B3%B4%EB%AC%BC-%EC%83%81%EC%9E%90.jpg

Thanks - I’d like to see that gold filled box too - in my house. It may be tough making one to hold that much weight.

Hermit--your house is looking beautiful! What tremendous work you have been doing over the years.

This weekend DS and DGS are here, DGS is excited to help work on the Star Wars model he bought Grandpa for his birthday :)

Hermit, Your house looks so nice. It has to be a good feeling to put your feet up and watch the snow. Congrats

Replaced 4 interior door knobs, at least 2 or 3 of them were north of 60 yo and not so pretty anymore.

Spent a couple hours or so on the never finished / always more to do yard work.
Rake mow edge sweep blow. The big Shamel Ash tree thinks January is fall and throws down a zillion leaves, plus sticks etc. I keep thinking about hiring some help for the yard work, but if my 86 yo Dad can do his, I guess I can do mine.

My wife and I took a short ride in the car to look at a small town about an hour from home.

We got home and I worked in the yard for about an hour.

I finished bundling my insurance today. Now that USAA has so kindly offered to insure our primary residence, it makes sense to move all our other policies there as well. Haven’t done flood yet, but that’s a Fema policy so we’ll wait until it’s due to renew.

A friend from the R/C model airplane club sent me a book "VCs Of The Air" (VC = Victoria Cross) by John Frayn Turner, a book about awards earned by aircrew during WWII. I started reading the first half-dozen pages and I'm certain that what I'll be doing for most of tomorrow is have my nose buried in this book.

Today was running around day--library to pick up books, Dollar store to pick out Valentines cards for kids and grands, then Sees candy for the same kids and grands. Finally, swing through Trader Joes, where we hardly ever go, not very crowded, so went in and came out $165 poorer. But with some great meals to plan and eat!

Stayed around home today since it rained most of yesterday and snowed overnight. A rancher out my way texted and said roads are all ice.
I started 3 old cedar fence post vases. I have one ready for sealer and the other two I will work on when I have a bad weather day.

I also hand trashed out a 5-gallon bucket of alfalfa pod seed I hand-picked this last fall. I need to get it shelled out for seeding in a couple of months. I had a mesh screen and used that to clean and shell pods. Worked very well.

Wife is sick in bed. I got my hands on a Covid self test kit and she is negative. Maybe the flu or a bad cold. Not good with her COPD though. Just sitting tight until her doc calls back.

aja8888, I hope all goes well, Sir.

Made sausage egg and cheese muffins (DIY McD), walked dogs, varnished doors, input tax stuff, paid bills, had some nice fresh Dungeness crab for supper and have my first ever chestnut pudding chillin' in the fridge!

Well, this AM was not good. Now I have what DW has and the dog is sick too. What the heck is going on around here:confused:?

Geesh weird that the dog is sick too. Check in with the doc and hope all of you have a speedy recovery!

Thanks for the well wishes! Dog is sneezing, coughing and throwing up. Time to clean the carpet very soon.

My head is pounding and I have a runny nose.

The appliances were delivered yesterday about a month ahead of expectations. That meant a 10 mile trip down the road to a crossroad to guide the delivery people back to my place. The microwave box had a large hole poked in it, but only a vent that will not be used was damaged. I did some caulking at the floor edges that I hadn't gotten to yet. Today I was planning on going to town to get power cords and plumbing fixtures to install the appliances, but it is snowing pretty good so I will wait until the snow stops. Looking forward to pizzas at home!

Made these baguettes for breakfast and for sandwiches later for lunch.

Attachments

• IMG_20220125_105406017.jpg
    IMG_20220125_105406017.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for the well wishes! Dog is sneezing, coughing and throwing up. Time to clean the carpet very soon.

Oh, no! Those are all not good signs :-(
Hope the covid bug has not reached your home.

Take Care.

Are you sure the home antigen test wasn't a false positive??

Meanwhile I'm bored. They're still working on the floor so I can't do anything but walk the dog, homeschool GD as he's busy, and read. Feels worse than quarantine (must be all the hammering & sanding as they relevel / rebuild foors)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom