What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my oldest son to a concert in Atlanta with his friends. They had a marvelous time and stayed up all night. I ate at a fantastic Greek restaurant with the other parent. A 4 hour drive home today. I'm exhausted and going to bed early tonight!

Was going to head out for a hike but decided not to. Instead I spent a lazy morning drinking lattes and listening to podcasts.

Have a few errands to take care of after lunch and then we're grilling turkey burgers for dinner.

Mowed the front part of the yard today.

Yesterday afternoon/evening my R/C student pilot soloed and did well enough that I signed him off for solo flight by himself at the club field. Essentially the requirements are to do three takeoffs and landings to a full stop, fly the rectangular traffic pattern in a recognizable rectangle, and fly a couple of horizontal figure 8 patterns at a constant altitude and distance from the runway. And do this with a measure of control that leaves the instructor assured that he's not a danger to anyone else.

Trust me, it's not as easy as it sounds, especially in a crosswind (wind across the runway). Practice with a R/C computer simulator does help a lot though.

Cleaned the ground of a week’s worth of fallen and rotting mangos this afternoon. Usually I pick them up daily but we noticed birds coming to feed that we hadn’t seen before. Some woodpeckers, a yellow belly sapsucker, blue jays and cardinals. A real treat. I left a couple behind for them.

Now, if I could just find a way to protect the mangos from the squirrels.

Went out to the boat and installed 4 fire & CO alarms, removed 2 expired fire extinguishers and mounted (screwed to wall per Coast Guard) new ones, removed the rest of the bedding from the Captain's quarters and it all still sits in my trunk.

Tomorrow I go and work on the small boat to fix the fuel problem. Can't sell a boat that don't run. These boats are a lotta work.

But it's not so bad as you are on the water - :)

Went out to the boat and installed 4 fire & CO alarms, removed 2 expired fire extinguishers and mounted (screwed to wall per Coast Guard) new ones, removed the rest of the bedding from the Captain's quarters and it all still sits in my trunk.

Tomorrow I go and work on the small boat to fix the fuel problem. Can't sell a boat that don't run. These boats are a lotta work.

But it's not so bad as you are on the water - :)

I was thinking maintaining my Ducati was kind of expensive and a lotta work.

Um, no comparison. :LOL:

Enjoy, and keep up the reports. :greetings10:

Covered garden plants this evening because of frost for the next few nights. Enjoyed the day at the ranch always stay busy there. Lol I forgot gas to mow so that will be on the agenda for Saturday. There was more than enough to do so glad I did forget the gas.

You got a "Duke" eh, sweet! Love that Italian style and performance.

I was torn between the duke and the bmw, beamer won but the R1200RT is going down the road along with the small boat.

Keeping my Bonneville though, gotta have some local fun!

Went to 4 stores looking for a sofa & loveseat. If I find one it might actually get delivered by Halloween. 4-5 months seems the shortest ... 12 months is the longest

Found this. Large enough for family (10 within 2 miles and we will only grow from here). Guy says delivery by end of July. Not sure I believe him.
20220519_162902.jpg

Just came back in from mowing the rest of the fields... Or as much as I'm going to mow this time. I told the DW that diesel was getting to ^$%# expensive to mow everything... She agreed... :dance:

Bought tickets to Puerto Rico today for late June. Boy, they are expensive - three times as much as I usually pay! If I didn't have to go, I'd put it off for a few months.

We went to a stage 2 fire ban a couple days ago. That means no camp fires. This is way early in the season. This morning I am watching it snow. We are supposed to get a foot of snow by tomorrow. That should end the fire ban.

I got my Starlink internet system yesterday. I have it set up in the middle of my car trailer bed. I ordered a roof edge mount from Starlink this morning. The antenna oriented itself about due north with about a 45 degree angle. I can't see any movement since it first set itself up. It is way faster than the geosynchronous satellite it replaces and no delay! The resolution is also much better. Now I can stream music, watch movies, and do all that high bandwidth stuff you cable and fiber users take for granted. A happy camper here. :)

I'm nursing a mild hangover today. I meet with a group of friends at a local restaurant for wings and beer on the Thursday before a major golf tournament. Yesterday also happened to be my 60th birthday so a few extra people showed up and they all took turns buying me beer.

I'm nursing a mild hangover today. I meet with a group of friends at a local restaurant for wings and beer on the Thursday before a major golf tournament. Yesterday also happened to be my 60th birthday so a few extra people showed up and they all took turns buying me beer.

Happy 60th!!
I haven't had a hangover for so long I can't remember how they feel. Lol

Going to head out to the garage to install new rear brake pads in my Focus RS. Bought the brake pad tool from Amazon ($17) instead of running out to Autozone to borrow theirs like I usually do. Should have done that years ago.

Happy 60th!!
I haven't had a hangover for so long I can't remember how they feel. Lol

If you get busy today, you can renew your acquaintance with them tomorrow.

You got a "Duke" eh, sweet! Love that Italian style and performance.

I was torn between the duke and the bmw, beamer won but the R1200RT is going down the road along with the small boat.

Keeping my Bonneville though, gotta have some local fun!

The Monster 1200 is a beast of a bike. Love it. :dance:

Today, mowed the front plus the parkways (we are on a corner lot, lots of parkway). Then moved the security camera I bought recently to hopefully a better spot. That's enough for today.

Big day.

I got my camping reservations near Bend cancelled because the park doesn't think the snow will be melted by mid June, so no road access. I turned around and made new reservations for a later date. It is a great area to kayak.

My internet service contract was up and Xfinity wanted to crank up the rate significantly, so I called and nicely asked for a reduction and got it lowered to less than the current monthly charge. Free money just for asking.

I finally killed the black widow spider that kept trying to set up a web near the washing machine in the garage. We missed her twice when she escaped under a floorboard.

Speaking of Dr's appointments. Since we recently moved to our new home in Texas, I took my DW to the dentist for our 1st appointment and she came out an hour later stating they told her she would need about 15K worth of work done. Damn, what a mistake that was...lol.

I’d get a second opinion. Many (30+) years ago I had a dentist who said I needed a crown. Went to another dentist who was able to fill it. Filling lasted until last year when I finally needed the crown. First dentist had an airplane. Those things are expensive to fly. Don’t think I need to say more.

I received a text message from a former colleague asking if I had time to discuss a California wage hour question. I replied that I hadn’t kept up on legal developments after retiring 9 months ago and didn’t have malpractice insurance so I had to take a pass. I left unsaid, “Sorry, I don’t get paid anymore to do this w*rk!” But it did feel kind of good that he asked.

Made a double batch of chili because it's only a little more work than a single batch.
Need to go break it into packages for the freezer and fridge.
I am done with store bought chili.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom