What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dentist.....got my new implanted tooth at location #9. I feel complete now, but minus $5,800 (surgery, bone graft, implant, abutment, tooth).

Holy smokes, 1 tooth?

Now I feel better about my partial dentures.

Doc says I am not a good candidate for implants, too much bone loss.
Deep cleaning right side today.
Next month the left side on,

2/2/22 at 2 PM. :LOL:

Dentist.....got my new implanted tooth at location #9. I feel complete now, but minus $5,800 (surgery, bone graft, implant, abutment, tooth).

:dance: Hope it works great!

Just had my impressions done yesterday, finally getting mine installed on 1/26, can't wait!

Holy smokes, 1 tooth?

Now I feel better about my partial dentures.

Doc says I am not a good candidate for implants, too much bone loss.
Deep cleaning right side today.
Next month the left side on,

2/2/22 at 2 PM. :LOL:

Front tooth:

Surgeon part:

Remove old tooth
Clean gum infection
Install bone graft material
(wait 5 months)
Drill into new bone and install implant device

Dentist part

Take impressions
send out to have tooth and abutment made
Install new tooth.

(several visits in between all this - 9 month process.)

Front tooth:

Surgeon part:

Remove old tooth
Clean gum infection
Install bone graft material
(wait 5 months)
Drill into new bone and install implant device

Dentist part

Take impressions
send out to have tooth and abutment made
Install new tooth.

(several visits in between all this - 9 month process.)

Thanks for the detail. So much for the full mouth of new teeth in a day claims. I guess they only count the last day. :angel:

Thanks for the detail. So much for the full mouth of new teeth in a day claims. I guess they only count the last day. :angel:

You really don't want to try that full mouth in one day stuff, and after they pull them all, you get a temp set stuck in your mouth for several months. Then the real fun begins! :LOL:

Oh God. :rolleyes:

Pass. I can't help think about the possibility it might fail.
Which would be way beyond sucking, apart from the money.

I will do my best to keep the real teeth I still have.
And, no popcorn. :popcorn:

Another guy from the R/C club came over for help diagnosing an intermittent circuit in the operation of the flaps on an airplane. We finally narrowed it down to a loose connection in a "Y" connector at the receiver to the flaps. Fortunately I had one, otherwise I would have had to make it. Not hard to do, but time-consuming. There will be no R/C flying anytime soon with the forecast calling for 3 to 5 inches of snow.

I gave up and filled the gas tank on the snow blower. I fully expect to use it tomorrow.

Oh, and DW took her car out, filled the gas tank, had it washed, came home and informed me that the car will stay in the garage until all snow has melted. In other words, her car will be a garage queen until spring.

Last edited:
Took down all of the outside Christmas lights this morning. Our normal timing, plus with snow coming this evening I did not want to be tramping thru the snow tomorrow of Saturday working on that task.

Took a break early afternoon for a gym workout and swim. Received a kind compliment from a younger female friend. That always boosts my ego :D.

Going out now to pre-treat the driveway as snow is expected in 30 minutes. Then packing/wrapping/putting away the light strands and other Christmas stuff. One DS said he would be stopping by. I recommended he plan to stay overnight (our house is actually closer to his job that his apartment) to avoid dealing with driving in tonight, but we'll see what he does.

DD & family are going to Indy. for the natl. championship game Monday. She called yesterday around noon and said her DH decided to leave a day early to go 1st to Dayton Ohio and tour the Air Force museum. They left around 4 pm and hit snow in Knoxville Tn. I told her they needed to stop there and wait until today to go on, but DH said no he had added 1k of sand bags to bed of his 4x4 truck so they would be ok. Well guess what "Father knows best". They crawled across Jellico mountain and were going 30-35 mph trying to make it to Lexington Ky. where they had reservations. They made it to Williamsburg Ky. and finally turned around to go back to Jellico Tn. around 9pm where she found the last room that a Days Inn had available. I was so relieved because I was scared they would end up stuck on the side of the road or some other idiot would slam into them or similar things happening. I am waiting for a report from them this am.

Woke up to 6" of snow on the ground, so I know what I will be doing later today.

^ that fresh air and shoveling will keep you young Gumby. Lol

Have a fun day.

Last edited:
5 inches here. Went to start up the snow thrower and found that neither DH nor I could open the can of premixed 50:1 fuel-the cap wasn’t functional. So we shoveled.

+1 - 10 inches here. :)
6 in. was my guess from inside. The young wife took the ruler to it, and it turns out to be 9 in. More than was estimated last night. Anyway, I've got the sidewalk and front walk done, and enough of the driveway to get the car out if necessary. Taking a rest now.

Last edited:
It's a bright sunny day so I got the tractor out and "started" smoothing out the bumps on our private rock road... The air temps are a little to cold outside (for me) so I'll finish if off off later today when it warms up a bit.

We had a wind mitigation inspection today. It’s needed to get an insurance quote and ours is more than 5 years old. The inspector shows up on time and parks on the wrong side of the street (we have one side only parking, alternating by month). That’s not uncommon so I was out front when he arrived, and asked him to move his truck to the other side. He refused, which is a first for me in the 15 years we’ve been here, and when I pressed, he said “I’m not gonna move my truck, and if the security guy shows, I’ll show him what’s what and explain why not”. He turned and walked away with a harrumph, and sure enough, right then security showed up.

I called the inspector out, was expecting a challenge and had my phone ready, and sure enough he walked up to the security officer and said “where do you want me to move it?” :LOL:

We had a wind mitigation inspection today. It’s needed to get an insurance quote and ours is more than 5 years old. The inspector shows up on time and parks on the wrong side of the street (we have one side only parking, alternating by month). That’s not uncommon so I was out front when he arrived, and asked him to move his truck to the other side. He refused, which is a first for me in the 15 years we’ve been here, and when I pressed, he said “I’m not gonna move my truck, and if the security guy shows, I’ll show him what’s what and explain why not”. He turned and walked away with a harrumph, and sure enough, right then security showed up.

I called the inspector out, was expecting a challenge and had my phone ready, and sure enough he walked up to the security officer and said “where do you want me to move it?” :LOL:

Which leads to the question, how did you fare on your inspection? :cool:

We had 1.5 to to 2 inches of snow, barely worth starting the snow blower for but I knew my back would thank me, so fire it up I did. And that was about the only useful thing I did today.

Which leads to the question, how did you fare on your inspection? :cool:

There has been no change to the house since the last inspection 6 years ago, so it should be exactly the same. This is for wind mitigation, which lowers the premium for hurricane coverage when the house meets specific building code specs. It’s an old house, but the new (7 years old) roof gives a sizable offset.

Been taking care of my wife. She tested positive Tuesday for COVID with a home test. She has trouble breathing, sore throat and fever. We had 2 vaccine shots and 1 booster. She talked to her Dr today. They discussed what she’s doing and then said she was doing all she would recommend and to call back if she gets worse or go to the ER.

Last edited:
Last year, a friend convinced me to join a "Run the Year" challenge - as in 2,021 miles run or walked. Well, it was difficult at times but I completed that challenge on Christmas Eve.

Therefore, of course I am signed up again - plus a 52 hike challenge (1 hike each week) AND the two challenges at my state park (hike each trail in the park and hike a total of 100 miles).

So today was a hike of 6.5 miles in the state park (4 trails completed, 3 partial) and already 38.76 miles towards my 2,022 mile goal. Plus scheduling to lead two group hikes at the park on Monday (5 miles and one more trail completed).

Last edited:
Well, after arriving in our New Retirement home in Boerne, Tx our HHG’s arrive tomorrow. Fun stuff! Looking forward to getting it all settled [emoji4]

Started looking at floors (finally)!! The guy said "don't put in hardwood, bamboo, engineered hardwood, or engineered bamboo only laminate or you'll regret it." So stuck and looking for input. Narrowed down to 3 choices (far right is a freebie)
20220108_132659.jpg If I do either on left (1 bamboo, 1 engineered bamboo) I can really REALLY close match what's already in. So then I'd just do family room, laundry, 1/2 bath. This is not on slab.

Is he right:confused:

DW and her sister took off on a mission to [-]babysit[/-] spoil rotten her newest grandneice while the parents go off for a day by themselves. So at least for a while I have the whole house to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom