What do you drive? A car poll....

What do you drive (main car)? A car poll....

• Pickup/Van

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • Minvan/Station Wagon

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • SUV (other than pickup)

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • Compact

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • Sedan

Votes: 62 34.4%
  • Sports Car

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • I dont own a car

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Something else???

Votes: 14 7.8%

• Total voters
All of the above (except the sports car):  A Honda Element.

AKA my "steel tent."

2006 Impala
2004 MSM Miata
2000 Z71 Pickup
2000 Harley Road King Classic.

I'm retiring next year so I need to thin this down a little.

brewer12345 said:
  I also have zero interest in learning the intricacies of  a flat 4 AWD platform or figuring out how to get my hands into the engine compartment of the minivan without putting it on a lift.

Recall, I said basic maintenance........ you jumped to "learning the intricacies."

In any regard, automobiles are so common and knowing something about them so mundane, it's a lot like having a basic understanding of your investments. Lot's of people don't want to do it, but it sure is in their best interest!

youbet said:
Recall, I said basic maintenance........  you jumped to "learning the intricacies."

In any regard, automobiles are so common and knowing something about them so mundane, it's a lot like having a basic understanding of your investments.  Lot's of people don't want to do it, but it sure is in their best interest!

Whatever you say, youb. I am happy to support my local independent mechanic.

Hi Folks,

Been among the missing for a few weeks. Prep for ER is a hassle. Tying up all the loose ends at work (8 Days and counting) and partying meeitng friends for see you laters.

1996 Lexus LS400 175k miles bought certified in 1998. Never put a dime into other than maintainance. Just put $4k in it to make it new for ER. Looks and drives like new, really is amazing.

DW 2004 Lexus RX330. Bought a used 2001 RX300 for $25k (not certified) that was lemon and somehow convinced myself only way to recoup the mistake and not get killed on trade was to move up.

Wally

I had to click "something else" because my Toyota Solara is not a sedan (only two doors) and not a sports car (not enough get up and go). It's a "sporty car"? I don't know.

But it's best feature -- it's paid for. Heh.

Youbet,

Can you list examples of what you mean by basic maintenance?

If 'basic maintenance' means pumping gas and wasing the car, yes I do that:)

1996 F-150 My truck to use and abuse.
2001 Explorer. We needed something to haul a Rottie, cat, kid, the DW, me, clothes, and any momentos we want when we evacuate for hurricanes.

No problems with either truck and both have been paid for for a couple years.

I drive a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo. Does the job but plan to buy a 2007 vehicle next summer. I have $2,500 credit from my GM card so will pick a GM of some kind. Not sure what.

2005 Hyundai Elantra
1985 Ford F150 (sorta runs, mostly to Lowes)

1994 Buick LeSabre 207,000 - will trade on a 2007 Camry
2000 Cadillac Deville
1993 Ford F-150 hobby truck - You must have a pickup in Texas

Zathras said:
If 'basic maintenance' means pumping gas and wasing the car, yes I do that:)

I stopped washing it several years ago.

2005 GMC pickup
2002 Dodge Durango

Paid cash, these replaced our previous vehicles that we had owned for 16 and 17 years. We don't have to commute to work anymore, so I hope these last even longer.

youbet said:
Recall, I said basic maintenance........  you jumped to "learning the intricacies."
Basic maintenance on a Subaru Legacy is an intricacy.

I've never seen an engine designed with six-inch extenders on the plug wires to cap the spark plugs... and when you remove the wires, you can't even SEE the plugs.

If you disconnect an air hose from the air cleaner, the engine won't stay running...

Khan said:
I stopped washing it several years ago.
Mine My car is washed every birthday & Father's Day...

REWahoo! said:
To avoid the possibility of a rather unpleasant mental image, we are talking about your cars, right?
Sure, yeah, that's it, if that's the way you want to think about it, whatever makes you feel better!

2001 Durango
1978 International Scout II

DH could not part with the Scout so we actually shipped it over here to Hawaii when we PCS'd a few months ago. It fits right in here and we get lots of complimentary remarks. It is quite a gas hog, so luckily commute from base house to air strip is only about 2 miles.

2004 Chevy Malibu Maxx (OK, so it’s a station wagon…)
2001 Mazda Minvan (DW’s grandkidmobile)
1998 Ford F150 (pulls the boat, the travel trailer, etc.)
1999 Sears Riding Mower

Back
Top Bottom