What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 'virtual' is the buzz word for 'anything done via a screen'.

Virtual defines those goggle-like headsets that put you into a 'virtual' reality. Now I think that would be cool for remote school; don the headset/eye goggles and it's like you are in the classroom. You could look in any direction and 'see' the other classmates who are logged on as well as the teacher, black board, the book on your desk, writing paper, etc. Instead of a virtual shoot-em-up game, it would be a classroom.

Biggest pet peeve today is the fox that has made its home on our back deck!

At first thought it was cute that a fox found our deck a comfy and safe place to call home. But foxy marked his territory then tore up the cushion on the deck lounge chair. He is no longer cute.

Encouraging foxy to move on down the road and find a new home.

At first thought it was cute that a fox found our deck a comfy and safe place to call home. But foxy marked his territory then tore up the cushion on the deck lounge chair. He is no longer cute.

Reminds me of the story about the Southerner who moves up North;
https://activerain.com/blogsview/13...-----funniest-thing-you-will-read-this-season

Caution; some foul (but appropriate) language in the link.

Last edited:

I don't mean to laugh at your plight, but the visual of the fox thrashing your cushions makes me laugh. Don't feel bad, we had an opossum that hung around for a while but after he peed/pooped on the patio cushions, I was no longer a fan. :mad:

Last edited:
I don't mean to laugh at your plight, but the visual of the fox thrashing your cushions makes me laugh. Don't feel bad, we had an opossum the hung around for a while but after he peed/pooped on the patio cushions, I was no longer a fan. :mad:
Yeah, it's always something. Back in California (Silicon Valley), we moved into a house in the mid 1990s that had just been completely remodeled (down to just part of the foundation and one wall). Despite numerous inspections, everyone missed a couple of places where there was access to the crawlspace from outside. Sure enough, a few years after we moved in, we became ground zero for skunks breeding in the neighborhood.

To make matters worse, the HVAC ductwork in the crawlspace had come loose, providing a nice, warm spot for the skunks during the Winter mating season (which generally starts with a female skunk spraying and marking a territory for the males).

After trapping and buttoning up the crawlspace, we had the ductwork there replaced. Took a year or so for the residual skunk smell to dissipate. Unfortunately, we still had skunks in the surrounding neighborhood, and one whiff was enough to set off some really bad memories.

Hmmm, is someone else on your network Googling for weed?
I was at a friends home for a dinner with several others and one person was a diver and he mentioned something from whales they use to make perfume. In trying to think of the name he thought it might be Amber and said I'll Google it. I suggested yes, that might bring up some interesting results.
The term is ambergris.

Yeah, it's always something. Back in California (Silicon Valley), we moved into a house in the mid 1990s that had just been completely remodeled (down to just part of the foundation and one wall). Despite numerous inspections, everyone missed a couple of places where there was access to the crawlspace from outside. Sure enough, a few years after we moved in, we became ground zero for skunks breeding in the neighborhood.

To make matters worse, the HVAC ductwork in the crawlspace had come loose, providing a nice, warm spot for the skunks during the Winter mating season (which generally starts with a female skunk spraying and marking a territory for the males).

After trapping and buttoning up the crawlspace, we had the ductwork there replaced. Took a year or so for the residual skunk smell to dissipate. Unfortunately, we still had skunks in the surrounding neighborhood, and one whiff was enough to set off some really bad memories.

Wow. You make me feel a lot better about our opossum! :D When we were looking to get rid of the opossum, I set up a couple traps. We caught two raccoons, but no opossum. I was fearful of catching a skunk, so decided against using the trap. Haven't seen our opossum friend in a while.

The biggest issue we have right now is that our resident deer aren't satisfied with the corn that they are fed twice a day. Instead, they want to raid our bird feeders!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 36
Wow. You make me feel a lot better about our opossum! :D When we were looking to get rid of the opossum, I set up a couple traps. We caught two raccoons, but no opossum. I was fearful of catching a skunk, so decided against using the trap. Haven't seen our opossum friend in a while.

The biggest issue we have right now is that our resident deer aren't satisfied with the corn that they are fed twice a day. Instead, they want to raid our bird feeders!

Possums are awful they will tunnel and end up places you never imagined.. I might get that trap out ..just set it downwind of the house.

People that don't know what is theirs and what is not theirs!
My wife has some sugar melons in a garden near a sidewalk, she had one she was watching as it was almost ready, the next day she went out to pick it, it was gone. Someone walked 20ft into our garden and stole it.

Piped in music in restaurants that is so loud that you can't hold a conversation with the person at your table sitting 3 feet away. And after asking management to tone it down a bit, the response is "the management want's it that loud so you can't overhear conversations from the other tables". :facepalm:

My wife has some sugar melons in a garden near a sidewalk, she had one she was watching as it was almost ready, the next day she went out to pick it, it was gone. Someone walked 20ft into our garden and stole it.

Sad, but I'm going to go out on limb and say they absolutely know what is theirs and what is not. They just choose to be crooks...

Sad, but I'm going to go out on limb and say they absolutely know what is theirs and what is not. They just choose to be crooks...
I lived in a condo complex with a U shaped driveway around the garages. To

get to my lemon tree to steal the lemons meant a person had to walk all the way down the driveway and turn just to see the tree.

I Don't Know

On Amazon, every item has both a series of questions and answers in addition to the regular reviews. Under those answers, a significant number are answered "I don't know". What kind of an idiot bothers to respond that way? :confused:

On Amazon, every item has both a series of questions and answers in addition to the regular reviews. Under those answers, a significant number are answered "I don't know". What kind of an idiot bothers to respond that way? :confused:
Part of it may be due to Amazon sending out email links to customers asking them to answer a question someone has about a product. They may not know they are submitting an answer that is about to get posted. I agree it's annoying, but I can see why it happens.

i think you answered your own question

Part of it may be due to Amazon sending out email links to customers asking them to answer a question someone has about a product. They may not know they are submitting an answer that is about to get posted. I agree it's annoying, but I can see why it happens.
That's what I've heard too. It seems like Amazon should filter those out, or give clearer instructions to those who they ask.

An honest one...that's the kind of idiot!:D

Because Amazon queries past purchasers through e-mails and one option is to just hit the 'I don't Know' button on the e-mail. I didn't know it actually was going to publish that as an answer, because I Don't Know is NOT an answer. Now that I do, I'll notify Amazon to stop their spamming me with those questions.

Yeah, but, some of those "I don't know" answers are very detailed. My favorite: "The item looks really nice, but I didn't buy it"....

I see similar messages on genealogy forums. Someone will ask about dear old great-grandad's mother to a forum of hundreds if not thousands of users, and someone will randomly answer, "I don't have any information on her." I have to laugh out loud when I see this.

Piped in music in restaurants that is so loud that you can't hold a conversation with the person at your table sitting 3 feet away. And after asking management to tone it down a bit, the response is "the management want's it that loud so you can't overhear conversations from the other tables". :facepalm:

"HEY! HEY!!! So can I get you gentlemen something more to drink? Or maybe something to nibble on? Some Pizza Shooters, Shrimp Poppers, or Extreme Fajitas?!?!"

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

I noticed the other day that our neighbor was down by our mailbox. It's surrounded by a flower bed that is tended to and had a few weeds/grass clumps that were behind the mailbox but not really visible. Well I notice that said neighbor was pulling the grass/weeds and throwing them forcefully in the street. It was really an odd thing. We get along with the neighbors just fine but the wife is much more social than the husband (who was pulling the weeds). I thought about texting the wife and telling her that if the grass was that much of a bother, we would make sure to clean it up but decided against it. Perhaps it was good will from the husband, but the forceful throwing of the grass tells me something else. Perhaps I should send him a thank you card. :cool:

The same people who go on Facebook and see a post they don't like or agree with and comment, "This is why I am not on Facebook anymore!!! Your a idioot fuol." (and yes, the spelling and grammatical errors are intentional). :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom