What is your pet peeve of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) People that drive loud cars, truck and motorcycles. As they drive down the road they perform a mini-assault on everyone they pass. Conversations interrupted, babies awakened, ears in pain. It is just such a selfish act. :mad:

2) People that turn their dogs out in the yard where they bark, bark, bark all day long. I have a neighbor whose dog will bark about 100 times a minute, for hours. It literally sounds like a canine mental illness. Surely these people realize this is going on but have so little consideration for their neighbors, they do nothing. :mad::mad:

...stepping off soap box. Gotta turn the dog out and go ride my Harley with straight pipes. :LOL:

Last edited:
People who have no idea what to do at a four-way stop.
Sometimes I see them sit there clutching the wheel with a death grip until every other car in all directions has given up on them and gone on. Could be any age at all, too.

1) People that drive loud cars, truck and motorcycles. As they drive down the road they perform a mini-assualt on everyone they pass. Conversations interrupted, babies awakened, ears in pain. It is just such a selfish act. :mad:

Along these lines, people who drive those ridiculously TALL trucks that seem to be all the rage these days, at least where I live. The tires on some of those rigs are half as tall as my car, and the suspension lifts the body further. Can't see around the darned things on the road or in parking lots. The tires often stick out beyond the body and have no mud flaps, so they fling water and rocks at speed. Is that even legal??

And of course many have the loud exhaust system to add to that LOOK-AT-ME theme. Not to mention the grossly-knobbed mud tires that you can hear coming a block away. Usually on super-shiny, decked-out trucks that look like they've never seen an unpaved road.

1) People that drive loud cars, truck and motorcycles. As they drive down the road they perform a mini-assualt on everyone they pass. Conversations interrupted, babies awakened, ears in pain. It is just such a selfish act. :mad:

2) People that turn their dogs out in the yard where they bark, bark, bark all day long. I have a neighbor whose dog will bark about 100 times a minute, for hours. It literally sounds like a canine mental illness. Surely these people realize this is going on but have so little consideration for their neighbors, they do nothing. :mad::mad:

...stepping off soap box. Gotta turn the dog out and go ride my Harley with straight pipes. :LOL:

And don't forget those big long trucks that take up the highway lanes and keep you field of vision blocked when you are behind them. And the smoke from their big diesel engines are almost as polluting as the large jets at the airport. Speaking of those jets, they should be checked for noise abatement and emissions. I'll bet they don't meet EPA or OSHA standards.

And the trains....

People who are careless with fire, lighting campfires, leaving them unattended, or tossing cigarette butts out of the car, in forest fire season. It's not funny, people!

tossing cigarette butts

Virtually every smoker I've observed appears to be under the [-]delusion[/-] impression that once the flicked butt leaves their fingers it's absorbed into the cosmos and isn't a sidewalk/gutter eyesore/fire hazard.

And don't forget those big long trucks that take up the highway lanes and keep you field of vision blocked when you are behind them. And the smoke from their big diesel engines are almost as polluting as the large jets at the airport. Speaking of those jets, they should be checked for noise abatement and emissions. I'll bet they don't meet EPA or OSHA standards.

And the trains....
I don't follow your logic. Trucks are long because they have to be to transport cargo. Motorcycles with straight pipes are loud because the people that own them are selfish idiots. :confused:

I don't follow your logic. Trucks are long because they have to be to transport cargo. Motorcycles with straight pipes are loud because the people that own them are selfish idiots. :confused:

HAHA!! Agreed.

Did you ever follow some of these truckers and see the stunts they pull, like try to pass each other and block all the lanes at 15 MPH under the speed limit?

Last edited:
1) People that drive loud cars, truck and motorcycles. As they drive down the road they perform a mini-assault on everyone they pass. Conversations interrupted, babies awakened, ears in pain. It is just such a selfish act. :mad:

My pet peeve is people who have loud bikes/trucks/dogs but who make ME out to be the jerk if I dare say anything about it.

Speaking of idiots with dogs...

I hate it when at the park walking people do not control their dog... sure, it is on a leash, but that leash is too long and when you walk by I do NOT want you dog to come over to me and start sniffing or whatever else they want to do....

I do like dogs, but I do not like out of control dogs.... and I want to deal with them when I want to deal with them.... and I will ask if I can pet your dog before I do anything...

Did you ever follow some of these truckers and see the stunts they pull, like try to pass each other and block all the lanes at 15 MPH under the speed limit?

It's nice being retired and not in a hurry.

Left lane is the passing lane. You don't need to be going over the speed limit to use it. If a semi has a limiter of 60 and a semi with a limiter of 65 want to pass then they have every right to use the left lane even if they are going under the speed limit. Everyone should be going under the speed limit regardless of what lane they are in. The speed limit is the maximum speed, not the minimum. Why is that so hard for people to understand.

Fat people on airplanes who sit down next to you and raise the armrest without your OK stating it "will be more comfortable for both of you".

The posted speed limit may be different from the speed limit the truckers are obliged to follow. I don't know whether this legislation ever got passed in the US....

FMCSA, NHTSA propose truck speed limiters | Regulations content from Fleet Owner

But it has been the law in Ontario for a while....

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/tp-tp14807-menu-364.htm

Speaking of idiots with dogs...

I hate it when at the park walking people do not control their dog... sure, it is on a leash, but that leash is too long and when you walk by I do NOT want you dog to come over to me and start sniffing or whatever else they want to do....

I do like dogs, but I do not like out of control dogs.... and I want to deal with them when I want to deal with them.... and I will ask if I can pet your dog before I do anything...

We have a 5 foot long lease law here. But seems a huge majority have this device thats like a fishing reel, they extend it to about 25 feet, then sometimes retract it when a police car approaches.

......... then sometimes retract it when a police car approaches.
Very common - they think this is a clever trick. The problem is when the dog is out 25 feet, they essentially have no control over the dog. I had a Great Dane encircle me, my wife and dog with an extended leash once and I was furious. The Dane owner was mystified as to why it bothered me. :mad:

Non-standard parking lots that don't have a buffer between the lot and the street.......like raised barriers or planted strips. Several weeks ago, I drove
off the curb onto the street. Curb is same color as paved parking lot and there was a 2 -car- wide driveway that looked liked it led to the street....it
did,just no taper so the rude awakening when I went over the curb. In retrospect the arrows that pointed left and right were telling me to turn before I got there, not that I could turn either way once I got to the street. Fortunately I wasn't going very fast because I was a bit confused about what to do but it was a rude awakening. Certainly not idiot-proof and there certainly of of us around. I'm sure in the dark, it is worse.

Last edited:
Comcast

and about cellphone talkers...
I have a new solution that I never would have tried in my early years...
When I'm in a store, and find one of those loud talkers, (usually blocking the aisle), I move up close, put my fist up to the side of my face, and begin... VERY LOUD!!!

"Hey, Maude! Did you put the dog out? Last time you left him in the house, he peed on the kitchen floor and I had to clean it up."
"What?" "Don't you dare talk to me like that or I'll send you back to your mother!"

With a straight face, I put my hand back in my pocket, and walk on...

hahahah

I got the better of a guy that routinely used his cell in the restroom at Megacorp. He's talking away, to his banker, I decided to put a stop to his annoying habit. The noises I made left no doubt as to where he was, and gave the impression someone was having a great deal of difficulty with a bodily function.
MRG

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Pet peeve #1 for me happened again last night -

Stores that demand personal information to sell you a product.

Went to a large national chain last night to pick up a pair of pliers. The clerk asked "Cash or Credit Card?". Answered "Cash", he asked "Would you like to apply for a XXXX Credit Card?" "No, I just want to pay cash". "Okay, what's your phone number?"
"I'm not giving you my phone number - I just want this pair of pliers" "Well we have to enter your phone number in to do the transaction" "No". "How about your cell phone number then?" "No". "Well, then we need your E-mail address". "No" on and on and on. He basically was insistent that, until I provided the company with my personal information, he was not allowed to give me my change.

All in all it took 10 minutes to pay cash for a pair of pliers. It still amazes me that a retail establishment is more interested in getting my phone number and E-mail address than they are in selling their products.

Ok.... mini-rant over
I forgot about this, radio shack used to do this to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom