What to put on deck

OK... here are the pics

Wow... do not know how to attach properly...

There is a pic of the deck I have not cleaned... the whole deck looked like this or worse...

A pic of the section I have cleaned...

And a pick of the top left part of the pic up close to show the surface cracks....

Great job of cleaning, what did you decide to use to finish it? I will never use a coating like restore or even a solid body stain on a deck with full sun exposure. After many years and many decks, we now have an Iron Wood deck, but it is so hard it won't take stain. However, as mentioned by others, the best product we have found is Penofin oil. It is made from a brazilian tree oil, and can be purchased clear or with pigments. It really soaks in, and protects and has a UV inhibitor, my 2 cents. A little pricey, but you can shop it down.

For others, we used some Trex composite about 10 years ago on a large home. It did not wear well, and got very discolored (white flakes) in the sun. I know they improved this, but I would be concerned in direct full sun like in Texas. Our did not last on the east side (partial sun) of a home is the NW.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom