What was your happiest moment today?

Today is DGS 6th birthday!
Such a joy to be around him. We will have a formal BD party Saturday when everyone can gather. His dinner of choice for Grandma to make: "home made Mac and cheese, salad, vanilla cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles" :smitten:

We will have a formal BD party Saturday when everyone can gather. His dinner of choice for Grandma to make: "home made Mac and cheese, salad, vanilla cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles" :smitten:

So, Grandma, what's for dinner next Saturday?:LOL:

Discussing the concept of generational wealth to my DDs (aged 10 and 14), including their responsibility to keep it going to their next generation and to make their lives count. They were actually engaged in a dinner conversation with us!

Got out of jury duty. During the pandemic, potential jurors have to check every day for a week to see if they need to actually report in. I lucked out Monday through Wednesday and tonight got the green light through the rest of the week. Oddly, the same thing happened to DW.

Texting with my veteran buddies. Sharing photos from way back when. Some I’d not seen before.

This isn’t as nice as the other posts in this thread but… I just got an alert from Duke Energy that my monthly bill is dropping by $35/month.

I’ll take it!

My happiest moment today was waking up and realizing that all the pain was gone! :dance::dance:

For the past six days I have suffered from the worst attack of sciatica I have ever experienced (to the point I couldn't take a single step without severe, debilitating pain) and by yesterday I was beginning to think it would never resolve. I know that it can often take weeks to resolve, so I feel especially lucky today.

It's amazing what a freezer full of ice packs, loads of extra-strength Tylenol, and lots of rest can accomplish.

Wow, Calico - sure glad you're feeling better! That sounds pretty awful. I never heard of sciatica before, but I'm sure glad it's departed. (There are so many things that can go wrong with the human body, aren't there?)

Just discovered that the chaise lounge on our new sectional from LazyBoy reclines! The handle was hidden on the inside, between the cushion and armrest. The sales person never told us about it. We now have three recliners on the sectional.
Heading over to DD later this afternoon, get to visit with youngest DGS, age two. He is a character:), love him to pieces.

Just renewed my certification as a material testing technician yesterday. Have a very part-time job where I fill in as needed as a Quality Assurance tech at an Asphalt concrete plant and rock quarry. Recertification requires passing both an extensive written exam and hands-on practical test.

Ironically this test for recertification was held at my alma matter and in the very same lab room where I struggled to pass a very intense structural dynamics course as an undergrad 35 years ago.

Dinner get together last night with all the kids, their spouses and the grandkids. Nothing better than to have them all in one place at the same time. It warms my heart.

Just renewed my certification as a material testing technician yesterday. Have a very part-time job where I fill in as needed as a Quality Assurance tech at an Asphalt concrete plant and rock quarry. Recertification requires passing both an extensive written exam and hands-on practical test.

Ironically this test for recertification was held at my alma matter and in the very same lab room where I struggled to pass a very intense structural dynamics course as an undergrad 35 years ago.
Along those same lines, I got the results email from my NCCCO crane recertification tests today. I passed the 7 tests I took and good to go for another 5 years, well beyond retirement.

Enjoyed some gardening and planted 60 new daffodil bulbs. Some more happiness will occur in February when they bloom!

Got out for a bicycle ride mid-day then pulled a few Christmas decorations out of the garage and set up in the yard.

Dinner of pasta and meatballs is prepped for dinner in a couple hours.

Another good day.

What a great time DW & I had this weekend! We spent Friday night and part of Saturday at my mom's and dad's, watched with DW, my mom & dad, and my two brothers as the U. of Michigan football team crushed Ohio State, and then attended my brother-in-law's retirement party. It was so nice! A few of them I had NEVER met, and it was so great having conversations with them all after being away for so long.

Just before Christmas DW & I made a 140 trip to Frankenmuth MI. We spent two days there, and what a great time we had! The place was of course all decked out for Christmas (Frankenmuth is "Christmas, MI" after all) but the highlight for me was both the hot tub and swimming pool! They were at perfect temperatures, and I was hooked. :)

Happiest today so far - the young wife telling me this morning that she feels better. Second happiest was waking up and feeling better myself. (We're both recovering from Covid).

Gumby--so glad to hear this.
A bit snowy today, unusual here.
Plan to celebrate Christmas with our kids/grands today if the weather and roads co operate.

Happiest today so far - the young wife telling me this morning that she feels better. Second happiest was waking up and feeling better myself. (We're both recovering from Covid).

Gumby,
Glad you and DW are doing better! I tested positive yesterday, an unhappy Christmas present. May I ask what, if anything, y’all did to treat yourself into recovery. Guess I’m on about day 3 or 4. Bad head cold for now. Thanks.

Gumby,
Glad you and DW are doing better! I tested positive yesterday, an unhappy Christmas present. May I ask what, if anything, y’all did to treat yourself into recovery. Guess I’m on about day 3 or 4. Bad head cold for now. Thanks.

I am sorry to welcome you to the club no one wants to join. Hope you're feeling better soon.

We have been trying to maintain our normal schedule, including sleep. Due to the congestion, overnight sleep has been a little restless and difficult, but I think spending the day on the couch would just be worse. We are eating and drinking as we normally do, although neither one of us can drink more than a single glass of wine with dinner (we usually share a bottle). We have been taking Dayquil and Nyquil on the recommended schedule and it has somewhat controlled the symptoms - mainly congestion and occasional coughing. Today, I feel that my breathing is freer and my voice is less hoarse (and has moved back up into my normal tenor range). My best guess is that this is Day 9 after our infection. We intend to continue our isolation until 1/3

I am sorry to welcome you to the club no one wants to join. Hope you're feeling better soon.

We have been trying to maintain our normal schedule, including sleep. Due to the congestion, overnight sleep has been a little restless and difficult, but I think spending the day on the couch would just be worse. We are eating and drinking as we normally do, although neither one of us can drink more than a single glass of wine with dinner (we usually share a bottle). We have been taking Dayquil and Nyquil on the recommended schedule and it has somewhat controlled the symptoms - mainly congestion and occasional coughing. Today, I feel that my breathing is freer and my voice is less hoarse (and has moved back up into my normal tenor range). My best guess is that this is Day 9 after our infection. We intend to continue our isolation until 1/3

Thanks Gumby. I don’t want to further derail this thread, which I think is terrific and a real pleasure to read.
But I will say my symptoms sound identical to yours. If so, I can’t wait for my day 9 [emoji4]. I’m trying to stay active as well. Energy is lower but not too bad. Can hardly talk which I’m sure DW appreciates [emoji4].

Back
Top Bottom