What was your happiest moment today?

The holiday season always gets me in depressed mood. Not because I am single (though that did not help either), but because I know after a few days of freedom of my mind and body, I will have to go back to work and wait for another year til the next long holiday period.

This morning when I went out for a drive in a heavy raining day, there was a Jeep passing me going at least 70+mph on a 45mph zone. Then a black unmarked SUV went passed me at even faster speed. I was like people are going crazy before the Christmas Eve and then that SUV turned out to be a cop when they turned on the lights and stopped the Jeep for speeding. Sort of happy seeing that our tax money works even in the rain.

Our 11yr.old DGD came over to house yesterday to help DW bake. They made Christmas cookies, peanut butter balls,teacakes from my Grandmothers recepe,fudge,chocolate covered pretzels,& cornflake candy. Then last evening we rode up to Chattanooga,to a neighborhood we heard about that had a Christmas light show that was really beautiful. We then stopped on our way back home for BBQ. I love being with family like this. We had already planned on taking DGD to see the lights but I called DD and ask her if they would come along with us too. She initially said no she was too busy but I ask her if she remembered when we carried her to see lights as as a kid? She said yes it was magical, so I then said it still is for an 11 year old and her old parents as well. A guilt trip? Mabey but it worked and we all went together and enjoyed it. I hope everyone here has a great Christmas weekend and stays safe!

Guilt trips are authorized where GKs are concerned. It's an unwritten, but well understood natural law!:cool:

Lots of happy moments today, spent with my grandson. He’s just barely two years old so not much of a conversationalist, but we communicate.

We went sledding, played with blocks and a sticker book, and read books. If all goes as planned we will be living closer to him by mid March, so I can have more frequent days like today.

This was actually a few days ago…My string quartet played a few pieces for a group of middle school students, since one of us is their teacher, and she wanted to show them what they may sound like in a year or two.

She told us a couple days later that 30 kids in that group signed up for her orchestra class next semester, an unprecedented number!

It made my day that I had a part in inspiring some kids to take up music, which I believe can make a difference in the rest of their lives.

I noticed on my USPS informed delivery this morning that I had a letter coming in today from the IRS :nonono::sick::peace::eek::hide:...... I waited almost 1/2 day on pins and needles for the mail to be delivered.... I'm thinking, what the "heck" do they want now... :confused: And just before Christmas too. This can't be good... But then I began thinking, I haven't done anything wrong, maybe it's just a mistake, why worry.:ermm:

Finally I got my mail around noon and ripped open the IRS envelope.... It was my PIN for my 2022 tax return.... :LOL:

Last edited:
I noticed on my USPS informed delivery this morning that I had a letter coming in today from the IRS :nonono::sick::peace::eek::hide:...... I waited almost 1/2 day on pins and needles for the mail to be delivered.... I'm thinking, what the "heck" do they want now... :confused: And just before Christmas too. This can't be good... But then I began thinking, I haven't done anything wrong, maybe it's just a mistake, why worry.:ermm:

Finally I got my mail around noon and ripped open the IRS envelope.... It was my PIN for my 2022 tax return.... :LOL:

Heh, heh, you must REALLY be "excited" about the planned 89,000 new IRS agents (now carrying guns.) "Revenue Enhancement" is much easier with a gun, I always say.:cool:

^^^^
I hear of IRS horror stories all the time so when I see something from them it "concerns" me... However, I personally have never had anything from them that I couldn't resolve (at no cost) on short order... But it's always "taxing". (no pun intended:))
As long as they keep playing fair, :rolleyes: I'm okay with the extra "eyes".

Last edited:
^^^^
I hear of IRS horror stories all the time so when I see something from them it "concerns" me... However, I have personally never had anything from them that I couldn't resolve (at no cost) on short order... But it's always "taxing". (no pun intended:)))
As long as they keep playing fair, :rolleyes: I'm okay with the extra "eyes".

Heh, heh, I have LIVED the nightmare and no one even showed up to the house with a gun. Next time - all bets are off!

Rain starting and ice melting today!
Plan to have Christmas with DD and her family tomorrow, and DS and DGS at a later date, since we had to reschedule from Fridays ice storm.

Hello all,
I've been reading here for a while, but this is my first post. I was inspired to write something with all the lovely posts for joyful moments.

My husband and I are retired and were planning to drive to cousins in a neighboring town for Christmas. We've been doing this for a few years since the younger generation has taken over holiday hosting duties. We love it!

With the weather, sleet and ice, we had to cancel. We were just planning to hunker down at home and try to have a pleasant Christmas eve at home. Not a hardship at all, just disappointing. A little while ago, our good friends and neighbors called to invite us to dinner. They figured out that we probably wouldn't be driving anywhere. We are thrilled and grateful, and looking forward to sharing the holiday with them.

My power stayed on all the way through the arctic blast that arrived 36 hours ago.

So my happiest moment today was every single moment that the lights and heat stayed on!

I feel very fortunate indeed.

My power stayed on all the way through the arctic blast that arrived 36 hours ago.

So my happiest moment today was every single moment that the lights and heat stayed on!

I feel very fortunate indeed.

+1

And here I am sitting in my leather easy chair with feet up in my "man cave," sipping my hot spiced cider, nibbling my mint girl scout cookies, and listening to wonderful, peaceful Christmas music as I write this entry. Wow - can it get much better than that? Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! :)

Hello all,
I've been reading here for a while, but this is my first post. I was inspired to write something with all the lovely posts for joyful moments.

My husband and I are retired and were planning to drive to cousins in a neighboring town for Christmas. We've been doing this for a few years since the younger generation has taken over holiday hosting duties. We love it!

With the weather, sleet and ice, we had to cancel. We were just planning to hunker down at home and try to have a pleasant Christmas eve at home. Not a hardship at all, just disappointing. A little while ago, our good friends and neighbors called to invite us to dinner. They figured out that we probably wouldn't be driving anywhere. We are thrilled and grateful, and looking forward to sharing the holiday with them.

Welcome, Lee! Great to hear from you, and it's really nice to hear about your invitation for Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas!

Parents are taking a break and I get to sit with her! My heart is singing!

Attachments

• 20221225_124018.jpg
    20221225_124018.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 37
Hello all,

Welcome to the forum!
So nice to have good neighbors reach out.

Hello all,

So happy to hear your Christmas plans have evolved with such a nice turn of events. Now that you have broken the ice:LOL: here on the "Other Topics" Forum be sure to introduce yourself on the "Hi, I Am" Forum. Let us get to know you better - and welcome!

We got together as a family and we got one more Christmas with my sister. It was a great evening.

weather improved enough for us to get out and go to DD house last night. So fun to watch DGS, age 3, open gifts. He stops to play with each one a while before moving on to the next. And, of course, spent the evening on a sugar high from the Chocolate Santa :)
Its only once a year he gets that kind of candy, DD is very health conscious.

DSiL fixed the meal--ham, potatoes casserole, green bean casserole, fruit salad, pie.
DS was. not able to join, so we will get together with him and DGS, 7, later to exchange gifts.

I noticed that two of my stocks made a new annual high today :)
While you cannot buy happiness, sitting on a stock that goes up makes me happy.

right now :)
enjoying my coffee and time on the forum.
We have nothing planned or scheduled today, so it is a computer and book reading by the fire day for me. More rain on the way, but at least no big winds.
Have a crock pot full of beans and hamhock and will have dark Bavarian bread.

Today I had a "no-brainer" happiest moment: I found out that I do not have prostate cancer. For now, anyway :).

High level summary of the last 4 months:

- Last annual physical, PSA level (normally under 4) spiked to 7.5.
- Tested six weeks later, down, but still at 4.2. Urologist recommends MRI.
- MRI found one suspect lesion. I am too lazy to look at the report detail, but is was "scored" a 4. Internet searches say it is 70% likely to be cancer.
- Urologist feels it is only "more than 50%" likely to be cancer, but lets do a biopsy to know for certain.
- UroNav biopsy done (now that was an interesting experience). Reviewed results today. No cancer found. Lesion benign. However, one sample did contain "abnormal" cells that urologist says has a 30% risk of developing cancer in the future.
- Next step will be to check PSA level in 3 months. Urologist says he will only consider another biopsy if the level is "very high".

We will see what the future holds, but for now I am *VERY* happy. This is the last in a barrage of tests/procedures I have had in the last 4 months (including glaucoma check, carotid artery MRI, barium swallow test, endoscopy, colonscopy), which either came back "all is fine" or with things that were mild and fixable.

Back
Top Bottom