What's reasonable for will and associated?

I forget the exact numbers but $1,200 was about what it cost for FIL to get a new will, POA, and Advanced Health Care Directive.

In light of the following events the POA by itself was worth every nickel.

Suze Orman was selling her package that includes all of this. You get a CD with all the forms and you fill them out. She keeps you updated yearly of any changes in the law.

Have any of you purchased one of these? Do you like it and do you feel safe having your wills etc. done this way vs using your personal atty.?

I don't know anything about Suze's forms, but assuming that state specific text was drafted for a standard situation, I would be as confident in such a will as I would be in one some individual lawyer supposedly put together from his own interpretations of what to do. The biggest sticking point to me is making sure it was all witnessed, executed, recorded, notarized or whatever combination of these is required for your local jurisdiction. That I'm happy to insure was done correctly by paying the lawyer.

My thought as well. A lawyer with an estate practice also has experience in addressing family issues that often come up when their client becomes incompetent or dies. FWIW I wouldn't have my lawyer be my executor UNLESS no one else is suitable.

Back
Top Bottom