Who knew? Too few calories can keep you from losing weight!

I believe it is time for another explanation, one that answers the question, "Why do I consume to many calories".

From what I have seen, many experts are moving to a "whole foods" recommendation. Whole unprocessed foods appear to be the natural diet of humans. And, like everywhere else in nature, when humans eat the correct diet, their body spontaneously maintains a proper weight. Weight appears to be an automatic system unless we muck it up with sugar, refined carbs and other low quality processed foods. :)

Yes, whole foods are definitely what we should be eating. The carbs (including sugar) in highly-processed junk foods are what puts weight on (and also has many negative health impacts), to a large degree. You really do not need to be concerned with calories at all if you eat mostly whole foods. The problem, of course, is that those highly processed junk foods are ubiquitous, and most people don't have the discipline to avoid eating them. Just go into any grocery store and look at what they are selling in all of the middle aisles...........I'd venture to say that 2/3 of it is stuff you should not be eating (or at least not eating very often). Another thing to avoid like the plague are the so-called industrial seed oils (vegetable oil, canola oil, corn oil......any of the jug oils). That stuff is not even food, in my book. If you do a search for how these oils are made sometime, it will make you sick.

I've lost a legit 2 lbs since this thread started. I've ridden my bike on 1000 calories rides and I'm eating pop-corn and and apple for dinner the past few days. Pop-corn has no butter, no salt and is just 1/4 cup of unpopped corn kernels popped in a microwave and coated with "nutritional yeast" afterwards.

So that counts as "whole food" since it is the whole corn kernel and the whole apple. :)

I can remember eating 10 out of 12 donuts and drinking quarts of half and half trying to put pounds on this 6'5" frame of mine, I was only 170#. For years I shoved 3 sandwiches, 2 doz. cookies, 2 candy bars, couple cans of Pepsi for lunch during a 10 hour shift.
I do not eat anything close to that now, but weigh 230#. I don't look or feel overweight, but still eat what I want, I just don't. All my numbers are good except BMI, which I think is BS.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom