YIKES! Anonymous Posting Illegeal?!?

tryan

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
The bill would require anyone who contributes to a website to register their real name, address and e-mail address with that site.
Their full name would be used anytime a comment is posted.

If the bill becomes law, the website operator would have to pay if someone was allowed to post anonymously on their site.

The fine would be five-hundred dollars for a first offense and one-thousand dollars for each offense after that.

Kentucky Lawmaker Wants to Make Anonymous Internet Posting Illegal - Video - WTVQ 36 - Lexington, Kentucky

OK - I'll go first. I really don't look like my avatar. I'm really Britney - Britney Spears.

I am in deep disguise. In real life I am MUCH younger, more beautiful, and sexier than my avatar. :duh: I would tell you my name but my mother would ground me for life if I did.

With me, it's what you see, is what you get. No holding back. Full speed ahead. Take it or leave it. Laying it on the line. :cool:

I am in deep disguise. In real life I am MUCH younger, more beautiful, and sexier than my avatar. :duh: I would tell you my name but my mother would ground me for life if I did.

Hey! That's not a sneaky Missoula joke is it? I'm really sensitive about that sort of thing. My lawyer will be in touch.

:D :D :D

And this will make us all safer?

heh heh heh - :cool:

OK, I'll 'fess up.... My avatar is a picture of me taken in High School. I don't look nearly that good now...:D

I think we're seeing the effects of big business finally figuring out they cant screw a customer like they did 15+ years ago and have them only tell ten people.

They're looking for someone to sue!

Or its an initial push to have a hard "net identity" to go along with your national ID card, implant, and tattooed barcode/skynet ID... :D

My guess is it won't matter what the US does to mandate identity ... we go anonymous from over seas sites.

I am certianly not interested in the solicitations - at best - or identity theft that would result from this bill.

Translation:

The lawmaker was severely whipped in a net argument and wants to know who to hold a grudge against.

Or its an initial push to have a hard "net identity" to go along with your national ID card, implant, and tattooed barcode/skynet ID... :D
Hey, c'm'ere, CFB, I have a little something to put on the back of your neck...

Sounds like that Kentucky lawmaker got trolled up on the internet for the first time, and the bill is his temper tantrum.

Translation:

The lawmaker was severely whipped in a net argument and wants to know who to hold a grudge against.

Isn't it "the lawmaker was severely whippped because he gave a damn about a net argument."

Hey, c'm'ere, CFB, I have a little something to put on the back of your neck...

Oh thats an old one. I just did that the other day, but only on the critters.

No fleas or ticks on me. I dont sit still long enough to accumulate any.

While I think we have too many lawyers as legislators, you'd think that passing familiarity with consitution would be basic job requirement.

In 1997 the Supreme court in the Communication Decency Act (ACLU vs Reno) struck down the CDA. The last paragraph said it all

We find this argument singularly unpersuasive. The dramatic expansion of this new marketplace of ideas contradicts the factual basis of this contention. The record demonstrates that the growth of the Internet has been and continues to be phenomenal. As a matter of constitutional tradition, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, we presume that governmental regulation of the content of speech is more likely to interfere with the free exchange of ideas than to encourage it. The interest in encouraging freedom of expression in a democratic society outweighs any theoretical but unproven benefit of censorship. For the foregoing reasons, the judgment of the district court is affirmed.

Back
Top Bottom