Your favorite 2022 Purchase?

My best purchase was a 4 month old Jack Russell puppy. My 5 year old Jack Russell dog loves her, lots of playing going on these days.

Having ONE Jack Russell is USUALLY more than enough! Having two is asking for your life to change! :LOL:

I posted this in the BTD thread back in February. Here's a more recent photo of our 2022 Pleasure-Way Ontour 2.0. It's got all the conveniences of a regular motorhome, but packed into a 19ft Ford Transit that can park anywhere.

...I enjoy spending money on experiences more than things...

Our new van is a "thing" that enables new experiences. We've already had some amazing experiences with the van, and a lot more planned for 2023.

Attachments

• PXL_20220724_143315917.jpg
    PXL_20220724_143315917.jpg
    793.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Having ONE Jack Russell is USUALLY more than enough! Having two is asking for your life to change! :LOL:

The puppy is replacing my 15 year old JRT who passed on this summer. I've always had two...they keep each other company. They are very busy !!

My 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance purchased (first non-leased vehicle in years) in June. The experience and fun of driving it is beyond my expectations and learning new things about it every week following Tesla Forums online makes this almost into a hobby. The car is so smart and makes driving everywhere a pleasure.

I ordered a Polaris Ranger in early January. Delivered in early July. I've added heat, front and back light bars, sound system, and a windshield wiper. And a winch and snowplow. Play with it almost daily.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 1.15.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-12-28 at 1.15.21 PM.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
I BTD on an espresso machine, grinder, and miscellaneous stuff, including beans$$$. Anyway, it's a new hobby, and I enjoy the challenge of making decent drinks.

Experience was a cruise around Iceland.

Cutting edge nutrition and gut testing for me and interested family members not covered by insurance. Combined we've had some major health improvements from supplements and diet changes that were indicated after getting the test results. I've had long term gut and allergy issues significantly improve.

Two new 60" bathroom vanities we bought online back in March during big sale Home Depot was having - about half off of each. Busted up the custom built-in 1970s-era old ones, freshened up each bathroom with new paint/fixtures, then put the new vanities in. Like having two brand new bathrooms.

This is an easy one, Dream Catcher!

52124180247_5cf3f41295_z.jpg

Never ever in my younger days did I ever hope for this. Thought it just a dream.

But now I've caught it - :)

I didn’t make any significant purchases this year. One of my best purchases was buying the truck I wanted (new) just before all the supply chain issues, but that was over a year ago. One of the best money I spent this year was a trip I took (road trip) to visit family and friends in the spring. Drove a few thousand miles and spent time with four different people in three different states.

This year, I went over my purchases and I guess my new Apple Watch would be the item that stands out. I’d never had a watch or activity tracker and the Apple Watch is quite nice, especially how it interacts with my phone. Ended up getting one for DW too.

One of the best gifts I bought was a 3D printer for the grandkids for Christmas.

I spent much more on experiences than "things" this year. My favorite "thing" purchase would probably be upgrading to a 32" computer monitor for my main computer. Since I use it almost everyday, the size is great for having multiple applications open and easily moving between them.

This probably means I have to do a better BTD job for "things" in 2023 :D.

I was thinking my iMac but realized that was 2021 and my iWatch was 2021 also. I could not think of anything else, so I asked my DH and he quickly answered our new camper. He said that he had a lot of fun in it this summer on our month long trip. It is parked at our DD's house. How quickly I forget.

The Bolt EUV ("poor man's Tesla") we purchased in September. Fun to drive and a real pleasure to be able to wake up every morning with a full "tank".

The Bolt EUV ("poor man's Tesla") we purchased in September. Fun to drive and a real pleasure to be able to wake up every morning with a full "tank".
I couldn't agree more! We just purchased ours about a month ago. Got lucky and found the exact model and color we were looking for on a local dealer lot with no ADM or dealer add on packages.
Love that Chevy covered the cost of and arranged the install of proper 220 outlet to use the free level 2 ESVE included with the EUV.
Love the one pedal driving mode and heated and cooled seats. IMG20221115142119.jpgIMG20221118172707.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely the upgrade to the iRobot Roomba 3+ EVO with automatic empty. I love that I can have it clean a single room or the whole house on demand, and don't have to touch it. Simple pleasure.

Man, there sure are some great gifts everyone has bought for themselves. The joys of hard work make things easier in life.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom