American Idol 2012 Thread

Are we ready for tonight's great show, everyone?

For those who haven't been following American Idol, here are a couple of favorite performances during the last couple of weeks so you can see what you're missing.

First, 16-year-old Jessica Sanchez sings Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You":

Then, here's Joshua Ledet singing "When a Man Loves a Woman":

Joshua Ledet: When A Man Loves A Woman - Top 11 - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 11 - YouTube

IIRC tonight they will all be singing songs of Billy Joel.

Last edited:
From the Idol blogs, tonight's theme: Billy Joel. Mentor: P. Diddy.

Jessica Sanchez is going to win!!

Jessica Sanchez is going to win!!

She is amazing!!! Every one of her performances has been great, IMO. I loved her version of "Turn the Beat Around" last week, which the judges didn't like much.

Here's her performance last night. Incredible, and hard to imagine that she is only 16.

Last edited:
I don't get HeeJun or Deandre.[/QUOTE]

Heejun has a decent voice, but he needs to grow up and take it more seriously. Deandre is only still there because of the 13-year old girls voting, IMO.

I agree that Jessica is great, but I think Hollie may be right behind her.

I don't get HeeJun or Deandre.

Jessica would be my pick to win, but I'd like to see Elise continue. I think she's got a great voice for blues.

Jessica would be my pick to win, but I'd like to see Elise continue. I think she's got a great voice for blues.

No argument here - Elise is similar to Haley (but different).

BTW, I thought Haley gave a nice performance last night. She has such a sultry voice.

.... Heejun has a decent voice, but he needs to grow up and take it more seriously. Deandre is only still there because of the 13-year old girls voting, IMO.

I really have trouble understanding Heejun. IMO his voice is ok, but the bar is higher than his voice.

Jessica is my favorite too. She's very young and I hope she finds a way to add a little more of her own personal style to her songs. Jessica's voice is fantastic, she's adorable, and very likeable too.

Hey, how about that Haley last night? She looked and sounded great! Love her sassy attitude!

Haley Reinhart: Free - Top 10 Results - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 11 - YouTube

I would say my filter is, who would I pay to see sing in person. Maybe two, and only after they have a polished act. The rest are OK for weeknight reality TV entertainment.

Haley was great last night and was my fave from last year. She's hungry.

I thought Colton kicked a$$ on "Piano Man". Sanchez is going to be a top 3 too, Joshua didn't do well on Billy Joel night, but he is a good performer/singer.

I thought Colton kicked a$$ on "Piano Man". Sanchez is going to be a top 3 too, Joshua didn't do well on Billy Joel night, but he is a good performer/singer.

I really liked Colton's performance, too.

Colton Dixon: Piano Man - Top 10 - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 11 - YouTube

Colton might end up showing us even more as the show continues. It seems to me that sometimes an individual contestant will really blossom as the show continues, with all the advice and superstar grooming in appearance, singing, and performing that they get, and he might be one of those.

I agree about Joshua.

Word has it this week's theme is songs from the contestant's idols and the guest mentor is Stevie Nicks.

Meanwhile, check out this audition performance from Britain's got talent. It's causing quite a sensation in the UK!

Word has it this week's theme is songs from the contestant's idols and the guest mentor is Stevie Nicks.

Meanwhile, check out this audition performance from Britain's got talent. It's causing quite a sensation in the UK!

Thanks, Purron, that was amazing. :)

I haven't watched AI this season. Partly because it seems like every year it seems like Britain's got talent finds these amazing opera singers in the most unlikely bodies and AI doesn't.

Not sure what is is about England that produces the Susan Boyles, and before that cell phone salesman.

One thing that is different about American Idol from Whatever Country Got the Talent is that they have to choose a song to sing from a limited number of selected songs and have to make it their own. I don't know if making the contestants go through that really proves anything, but it's just the way it is. I would think they could probably do a much better job if they sang songs that they had been practicing singing all their lives (Heejun was excellent with some of the songs he sang in auditions.), but what's the fun in that?

Great night. Other than a couple duds, they are all so good it is hard to make a decision.

Back
Top Bottom