Are we omnivores or herbivores?

Nords said:
Apparently humans can only get vitamin B12 from eating meat, though.

At least that's how it was before manufactured supplements.

Humans can get vitamin C from eating raw meat.

Nords said:
Apparently humans can only get vitamin B12 from eating meat, though.

At least that's how it was before manufactured supplements.

eggs and dairy too are a source

ataloss over at raddr's board posted a new report that says protein makes us feel more satiated and leads to less overeating.    The researchers attributed the effect to our meat-eating hunter-gatherer ancestors.

more a case of us being so inefficiant breaking down the fat that it holds us longer i think.I can eat a high protein vegatable diet like i did when i was a vegan and im freakin hungry.

hmm. I for one am SUPER-efficient!
Come the apocalypse my evolutionally-superior fat-storing processes will hold me in good stead.  :LOL:

wab said:
ataloss over at raddr's board posted a new report that says protein makes us feel more satiated and leads to less overeating.    The researchers attributed the effect to our meat-eating hunter-gatherer ancestors.

I think anyone who has ever eaten a steak, or a good serving of beef pot roast, or a nice fat salmon steak would know this without needing to read a  report.

I have found that one of the best snacks in case I am out and hungry is those little bags of toasted edamame sold by Trader Joe for less than a buck. A third to half bag of that will last me for hours, and when I get around to a full meal I don't then overeat. These are fairly high protein as snack foods go, as they are soybeans.

Ha

HaHa said:
These are fairly high protein as snack foods go, as they are soybeans.
Spouse enjoys peanuts (still in the shell) and soybeans (still in the pod).

Extracting them slows down the binge snacking and is half the fun. (Eating them shelled is considered cheating.) The soybean pods make great compost and the peanut shells eventually decay too.

When i was in my hard core weight lifting days i made a tuna shake.A can of tuna dumped in v8 juice in a blender.Tasted like clamatto juice but it was kind of nasty ha ha ha....

Back
Top Bottom