Blue or Red?? Take the test

Somewhere between Bill and Hillary.    Yikes!   ::)  Dangerous place to be.

Between Bush(41) and Jack Kemp.

HOWEVER, there were some questions that I had to "guess" at--like the who do you trust more, professional athletes or team owners question. I have no real data to make a decision. And some of the choice A, choice B, and both questions--I would have picked "neither" but it wasn't available.

I re-took the test, leaving the questions for which I had no answer blank, and moved a bit further left. I'm now between Colin Powell and Bush(41).

33/40...gosh I was hoping for a 40. Guess I need to sharpen my knives and cut out whatever I am doing wrong.

Test confuses conservative and republican (and liberal/democrat). At this point, in my opinion, conservative <> republican.

Perhaps someone should setup a poll on this board where we can record our scores to determine once and for all - red or blue.

I'm a 10 and I'm cranky about it! I would have put myself closer to Jesse than to Hillary if I'd had to guess.

I've heard that people get more conservative as they age... I must be starting that long, slow, reactionary slide. Aaargghhhh!

Caroline

Yep, the old saying...if you're young and you arent a liberal, you have no heart. If you're old and not a conservative, you have no brains...;)

Between George the First and that Quarterback.

Basically, it's all summed up for me with question #1.
"Distrust government's ability to solve problems"

I've seen what they do when I want to renew my driver's license. It only gets worse from there.

Unfortunately the test only scores along one axis. The libertarian y-axis is imaginary (running from Authoritarian to Libertarian), so I was hoping more for a score of z=28 + j28. I consider myself a anti-statist libertarian (socialy liberal, fiscally conservative) and place more importance on good results rather than well-meaning methods.

I'm a 7, but I think it was a self-fulfilling prophecy to some extent.

Being an attorney by training I had to say that I trusted us more, but I don't know that it is always the case!

-5.63 for economics left/right and -4.10 for social libertarian/authoritarian

So I am a leftist libertarian. :)

Test is too long but interesting. At least the questions could be answered.

Except this question doesn't make sense to me and seems to contradict itself: " A genuine free market requires restrictions on the ability of predator multinationals to create monopolies."

Left wingers think that microsofts and walmarts shouldnt be allowed to continue. So large 'predatory' companies with defacto monopolies (aka really good capitalists) shouldnt be allowed to continue.

28....but only because I trusted the Post Office

Martha said:
Except this question doesn't make sense to me and seems to contradict itself: " A genuine free market requires restrictions on the ability of predator multinationals to create monopolies."

I think this language refers to the economic definiton of a truly free market-- (ideal) one where there is perfect competition. If government constrains predatory monopolists, perhaps markets will be closer to free.

haha

Unfortunately the test only scores along one axis. The libertarian y-axis is imaginary (running from Authoritarian to Libertarian), so I was hoping more for a score of z=28 + j28. I consider myself a anti-statist libertarian (socialy liberal, fiscally conservative) and place more importance on good results rather than well-meaning methods.

So you're one of those vote wasters?

Don't get all bent out of shape; just pokin at ya. ;)

Back
Top Bottom