Bought a new RV motorhome

Rich,

What a beauty !!! I've been eyeballing that one myself. I'm still seven years out from retirement, so it's too soon to make the purchase, but I sure do think about it a lot.

I hope you keep us posted on your trips and what you think about the RV.

My one concern with it is vandalism. I don't think I'd want to park it at a trailhead and take off for a long hike.

Have fun !!!!!

-helen

Helen said:
My one concern with it is vandalism. I don't think I'd want to park it at a trailhead and take off for a long hike.

Although, not in the same price league, I feel the same way with my $1200 folding bike that I take with me everywhere. I am very paranoid about leaving it even chained up.

What is the MSRP on that thing?? 8)

thefed said:
What is the MSRP on that thing?? 8)

I knew you'd get enthusiastic when you saw the picture! Are you asking about the price for the trailer, the girl, or the dog? ;)

Did you notice the groovy trap door that lets you use the chemical toilet inside? Nice!

They say you can build the trailer for $2000, and I think that includes some obligatory Grateful Dead albums to take on the road.

Rich,

Can you give us an update ? Where have you been with this beauty ? What have you learned about his particular model ? How is the space for two people ?

I'm still dreaming of buying one of these. I'm thinking maybe I'll get mine a year or two before I retire so I can break it in before hitting the road for extended trips.

Also, do you have a retirement date set ?

-helen

Helen said:
Can you give us an update ? Where have you been with this beauty ? What have you learned about his particular model ? How is the space for two people ?

It's perfect for our mission: long weekends to maybe a week at a time. Very high quality vehicle. We've been on a trip at least monthly - Charleston (where we visited McLesters and Astromeria), St. Augustine, a bunch of gorgeous state parks, and long weekends.

We are learning a lot about the "hobby" and about the vehicle. So much so that we are considering being part-timers if not full-timers in a larger RV when the time comes. Only thing we haven't quite gotten to the point we want it is the sleeping arrangement. It's a legitimate queen size, but that's wall-to-wall and we're trying different tricks to maximize our comfort.

We love it and use it often.

I wouldn't get one myself, DW thinks a hotel without room service is roughing it! But some of my fondest memories was in the VW camper van conversion as a kid. This looks much more comfortable than the pop up top and the chemical toilet of my youth!

Rich,

Secure the TV set and retract the awning before entering the highway. No further information needed... except that beach sand from the kids feet gets everywhere, and after a few days anything might happen :eek: :LOL: :-X

BUM said:
Secure the TV set and retract the awning before entering the highway. No further information needed... except that beach sand from the kids feet gets everywhere, and after a few days anything might happen :eek: :LOL: :-X

:LOL:

Kids long gone, TV well under control, and actually I find the awning gives a nice bit of lift over 70 mph. ;)

Kidding aside, I found that it pays to rely on an informal check list I drew up. What you can easily forget may be important: turning the propane off, antenna down, etc. Easy to overlook til you make it part of your routine.

drool...

Congrats -- hope to join you someday -- do keep us posted on your experience!

Back
Top Bottom