Cargo shorts - Yes or No?

No cargo shorts. Don't like the feel of the bulk around the knees even when pockets are empty.

Shorts when it's summer but don't keep much in pockets. Instead carry a fanny pack to carry large phone and wallet. Actually put the fanny pack on when doing a lot of walking, which is usually on trips when I'm also carrying photo gear.

Honestly I have never once seen or heard of any friends, relatives, or even acquaintances having a cracked cell phone glass for any reason whatsoever. Not even one, ever, much less "lots". I must live in an alternate universe

Where I live, it would be impossible to enter a room full of people under 30 where at least 5-10% of them don't have cracked phone screens. Extremely common.

So, you're saying you don't but you do? :cool:
In my defense I thought they were bermuda shorts when in Hawaii. Now after this thread they might just be cargo pants. :) I had very few things in the lower compartments of the pants.

2. Guys really need a solution to this problem! I can't imagine life without a purse, and so many guys will not carry one because they think it's effeminate. Still, backpacks are masculine, right? It is beyond me why they won't carry a small backpack or fanny pack to contain all those necessary items. I know that some require their wives to carry such stuff for them, but you'd think that would get tiresome for both.
I have a few small backpacks and for a messenger bag too. The later is really a purse (it is a Pacsafe model) but it's canvas colored and kind of masculine looking. In the reviews on Amazon some ladies even referred to it as a purse but it was not marketed that way and uses male models.

15n2f84.jpg

Actually I find that the messenger bag hurt my back a bit. We were in Europe when I used it and maybe with water and all it was a little heavy. But I did not have decades of purse-weight-training under my belt.

I have a couple of additional comments.

1. Honestly I have never once seen or heard of any friends, relatives, or even acquaintances having a cracked cell phone glass for any reason whatsoever. Not even one, ever, much less "lots". I must live in an alternate universe. :)

2. Guys really need a solution to this problem! I can't imagine life without a purse, and so many guys will not carry one because they think it's effeminate. Still, backpacks are masculine, right? It is beyond me why they won't carry a small backpack or fanny pack to contain all those necessary items. I know that some require their wives to carry such stuff for them, but you'd think that would get tiresome for both.

I have seen lots of cracked cell phone glass, it's mostly young folks, I know some that pay $10 insurance per month so when they crack it , it can be fixed/replaced.
One girl has replaced her phone 3 times in about 5 years due to cracked glass.
What I don't understand is the ones who continue to use the phone with the cracked glass, why don't they cut their fingers on the cracks ??

I'll wear cargo shorts/pants long before wearing a fanny pack. :facepalm:

Without extra pockets where would I put the epi pen, pepper spray, sunglasses, cell phone, roll of poop bags, pocket knife, tactical tissues, etc.?

W2r, when I see a fanny pack (and that is the polite name for them) on a dude I usually assume there is a decent size handgun in it. Most men would not otherwise be caught dead with one.

W2r, when I see a fanny pack (and that is the polite name for them) on a dude I usually assume there is a decent size handgun in it. Most men would not otherwise be caught dead with one.

When I was working that was the ONLY reason I ever wore a fanny pack. The only thing in it was a 9mm Beretta. And that was only when I was in school because I didn't want to leave the weapon in the car.

I have a few small backpacks and for a messenger bag too. The later is really a purse (it is a Pacsafe model) but it's canvas colored and kind of masculine looking. In the reviews on Amazon some ladies even referred to it as a purse but it was not marketed that way and uses male models.

15n2f84.jpg

Actually I find that the messenger bag hurt my back a bit. We were in Europe when I used it and maybe with water and all it was a little heavy. But I did not have decades of purse-weight-training under my belt.

We picked this one up at an Army & Navy Surplus outfit, and took it on a couple trips:

33bpv2w.jpg

(Apologies for the fanny pack ;).....our passports are in there.....otherwise I never wear one.)

When I was working that was the ONLY reason I ever wore a fanny pack. The only thing in it was a 9mm Beretta. And that was only when I was in school because I didn't want to leave the weapon in the car.

Only time I use one is when I am hiking and want to lug a full size revolver discreetly.

Without extra pockets where would I put the epi pen, pepper spray, sunglasses, cell phone, roll of poop bags, pocket knife, tactical tissues, etc.?

In Europe I have not seen fanny packs which are not considered good form.

On the hiking trail one might work but I prefer a backpack.

In this country. A female cow*rkers was an expat in the UK. As she learned after asking folks if they wanted to check out her new fanny pack, fanny denotes a different body part there.:eek:

I agree, I'd assume that he was packing.

I carry a slightly smaller version of this bag in black. It, too, was marketed to men, as the best stuff generally is.

I

15n2f84.jpg

You people carry around way too much stuff.

A true sign of wealth is to not carry anything not even keys.

I guess I intrinsically feel poor :facepalm:

when I go to the club in my golf cart all I carry is my phone - money is pretty useless there

Cargo shorts are too tiring... Important as one ages. Except for cultural mores, would probably wear a skirt or kilt. 'Specially when it's warm.
Anyway, only difference between regular shorts and cargo shorts, is that instead of butt dialing, you thigh dial.

:blush:

Two extra pockets on your shorts are tiring?
Hmmm... maybe it's just age, but when I ride my bike for any distance, the longer leg on the pants rubbing against the knees and all that extra material is irritating. For any kind of exercise, I much prefer short shorts.
Two extra pockets for what?
Anyway, based on what I saw in the Olympic opening ceremony, have decided that my biking costume will be short shorts, and a shirtless, well oiled upper body. Let style trump tradition.

OMG, I had NO idea that anybody would carry something like that in their fanny pack.

Well, nobody can say this forum isn't educational.... :ROFLMAO:

Hmmm... maybe it's just age, but when I ride my bike for any distance, the longer leg on the pants rubbing against the knees and all that extra material is irritating. For any kind of exercise, I much prefer short shorts.

I would never wear cargo shorts for exercise either (except maybe hiking), that's not what most people buy them for. Cargo shorts do come in different lengths, I like the 10" inseam, just above the knee.

Last edited:
Yes or No?

Attachments

• guys-cargo-pants-2.jpg
    guys-cargo-pants-2.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 18
Yes or No?

Yes, Please!

Actually, I like the term 5.11 shorts better, way more mocho.

5.11 Tactical Shorts - Men's, Cotton | Official 5.11 Site

Small world - I went to dinner with a friend I hadn't seen in 10 years this week... She works for 5.11 and was dressed head to toe in their gear - even her purse was a concealed carry purse. (no fanny pack for her).

15n2f84.jpg

I have a much smaller version of this bag that I use as a purse (when I wear a purse)... It's about 10 years old and holding up nicely. I love the anti-theft features. But I often just carry my license & CC and car keys.... That's where the cargo style capri's come in. :)

Back
Top Bottom