Eating Pomegranates in the shower

The fruiting Pomegranate tree is a great small tree. Pretty orange flowers in the spring that the hummers love, followed by fruit formation, and in the Fall, lovely golden color. Very low water required to grow. Poms are expensive in the store. Grow your own!

+1. Planted ours about 4 years ago and got 20 this year! This is one of those fruit trees that takes a few years to really produce.

I picked up a few at the store yesterday and am anxious to try the whacking method in the first video, although it won't be as much fun...I've been doing the cutting and scoring shown in the second video for years, although mine never look as 'neat' as the one in the video and I need a paper towel bib.

I think you should put a tarpaulin on the kitchen floor and sit on it wearing a rain poncho.

That's pretty much the way we had to eat them when we were kids !

Try this instead - there's no need to beat the poor fruit ;)

That is awesome ! thanks for posting that

The fruiting Pomegranate tree is a great small tree. Pretty orange flowers in the spring that the hummers love, followed by fruit formation, and in the Fall, lovely golden color. Very low water required to grow. Poms are expensive in the store. Grow your own!

I tried that. Mine ended up being a very spindly bush with killer thorns ! I buy my poms at Aldi now.

I learn someting new every day. I bought a pomegranate many years ago (before internet) and didn't have a clue how to handle it. After I cleaned up the mess I never bought another one. I have to try one again.

Back
Top Bottom