Join Early Retirement Today

Re: "...if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq"
Old 11-02-2006, 11:16 AM   #61
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
That is obviously figurative language.
Just trying on the same "literal" eyepiece everyone has turned on Kerry..

It also just echoes a lot of the violence I hear in right-wing circles: "Save the Seals, Club a Liberal".. "Got ammo?" etc.. Ann Coulter gets paid (highly) to talk about poisoning judges.. I could go on and on but you get the idea..

Or does what someone uses as "figurative language" say absolutely nothing about their psychic inner life?

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2006, 11:18 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyopRanger
We did a quick survey in my office of 12, we are all Army, which the Air Force will joke is the dumbest branch.

Of the 12 who work in my office we have:

11 Bachelors Degrees
8 Masters Degrees
5 with Double Masters

We also have someone who worked the White House during the Clinton era, apparently Hillary yelled at him for wearing his uniform in “Her House” and from then on they were not aloud to wear their uniforms in the White House but had to wear a suit and tie for briefings.

P.S. Look at the picture below, LOL!
Whewwww. . . . I was worried there that we were going to let the Clinton's off the hook here. Now that we know that the whole Kerry event is bogus and is based on taking a quote out of context and misinterpreting it, we need to seriously work on blaming Clinton. Blaiming Hilary will do. I think if we pile enough blame on her, we can forget about the fact that this whole event is bogus and continue with our knee-jerk support of Chimpy and against all Democrats.

I've got a good idea along these lines. Let's quote third-hand sources who knew someone that said that Hilary was a bad person. I'll start. I have a cousin who knew a guy who once caught a ride with a waitress who said Hilary was a lousy tipper.

I think if we start enough of these rumors, we can take the nation's attention away from the fact that GWB is not very bright and his administration's arrogance and poor planning have really screwed up the nation's financial situation, got us involved in an unjustified war, and damaged our reputation around the world.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:21 AM   #63
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgeeeee
I've got a good idea along these lines. Let's quote third-hand sources who knew someone that said that Hilary was a bad person. I'll start. I have a cousin who knew a guy who once caught a ride with a waitress who said Hilary was a lousy tipper.
Heh, that like the sorry excuses for journalism that thestreet.com publishes which contain damning comments from "unnamed short sellers."

- Will Rogers
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #64
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin
Clinton lied!

(While we're changing the subject...)
Right, right. We have to remain focused on the absolute certainty that Clinton's lies nearly a decade ago about the details of his philandering are far, far more important than Bush's lies about WMD. Gotcha.

- Will Rogers
Old 11-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #65
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I think if we start enough of these rumors, we can take the nation's attention away from the fact that GWB is not very bright and his administration's arrogance and poor planning have really screwed up the nation's financial situation, got us involved in an unjustified war, and damaged our reputation around the world.
Good thing the Dems are going to "fix" everything in 2008............

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude
Good thing the Dems are going to "fix" everything in 2008............

Don't be silly. I'm sure it will take years or decades to fix what this administration has done.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:52 PM   #67
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Don't be silly. I'm sure it will take years or decades to fix what this administration has done.
Now that's downright discouraging. The mountain of Dem literature that's piled up in my mailbox, been tucked under the front door handle, handed to me at home and on the street generally says they (the Dems) will get things fixed and, to me, implies promptly. Now you dump this on me.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #68
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Now that we know that the whole Kerry event is bogus and is based on taking a quote out of context and misinterpreting it, we need to seriously work on blaming Clinton.
Perception is everything; those of us in the military did not see the misinterpretation.

Quote:
Blaming Hilary will do. I think if we pile enough blame on her, we can forget about the fact that this whole event is bogus and continue with our knee-jerk support of Chimpy and against all Democrats
I have heard numerous similar stories from many different people on Hillary’s treatment of military personnel.

Quote:
Isn’t that what our news media does and report it as “factual”
Have you personally been to Iraq? Then how do you know the situation is bad?
Are you taking third-hand sources?

Quote:
Financial? The Dow is what level? Unemployment is at what level? What happened to Capital Gains taxes and dividend taxes?

Unjustified war? We have people who protest the mistreatment of animals in the US, Saddam slaughtered thousands and no one did a thing. I would agree the Iraq War strategy was misguided and the current situation is bleak but didn’t Congress vote on whether to use force in Iraq or not?

I am open to any solutions from the Dems or the Reps on Iraq but so for neither party is offering a solid plan. All I see from the Dems is anti-Bush, Bush is bad but no one saying “Here is what we will do to fix the problem”

Old 11-02-2006, 02:43 PM   #69
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I am open to any solutions from the Dems or the Reps on Iraq but so for neither party is offering a solid plan. All I see from the Dems is anti-Bush, Bush is bad but no one saying “Here is what we will do to fix the problem”
It is very simple: we will get the fcuk out of Iraq.

- Will Rogers
Old 11-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #70
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
It is very simple: we will get the **** out of Iraq.
Then terrorists claim victory, Iran moves in and we go to war with Iran a few years down the road?

I think everyone knows we need to get out of Iraq, but the “how and when” no one is willing to say.

I’ll tell you now, we will have some form of troops in Iraq until 2011, it is already planned and in the books.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:00 PM   #71
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Then terrorists claim victory, Iran moves in and we go to war with Iran a few years down the road?

I think everyone knows we need to get out of Iraq, but the “how and when” no one is willing to say.

I’ll tell you now, we will have some form of troops in Iraq until 2011, it is already planned and in the books.
Let me make this real simple for you: plans change, often rather quickly.

Why on earth would you care what the "terrorists" claim? The people attacking US troops are insurgents trying to fight off an occupying power. They adopt the jihadist nonsense out of convenience. Stop guzzling the Kool Aid, my friend.

- Will Rogers
Old 11-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #72

Quote:
Perception is everything; those of us in the military did not see the misinterpretation.
Who is this "us?" Do these soldiers agree with your interpretation?

http://www.appealforredress.org/
Old 11-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #73

Quote:
House Majority Leader John Boehner: Wolf, I understand that, but let's not blame what's happening in Iraq on Rumsfeld.

Wolf Blitzer: But he's in charge of the military.

John Boehner: But the fact is the generals on the ground are in charge and he works closely with them and the president.
This is what your great Grand Old Party is all about. Scream bloody murder over Kerry's gaffe, but throw your own guys in Iraq -"the generals"- under a bus to save Rumsfeld's political hide, and, by extrapolation, Bush's. Any true patriot should be pissing blood over this, whether you think the war is justified or not.

Quote:
Good try,” he said when asked about demands for an apology.
http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f...25-2328683.php

This is the guy lined up to be Speaker of the House IF the Republicans prevail and Hastert bites the dust. Makes ya proud, don't it?

Old 11-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #74
Give me a forum ...

50/50 chance that Boner gets caught in the Congressional Page scandal, IMO. Who is next in line in the event that Diebold comes through for the Rethuglicans next week?

- Will Rogers
Old 11-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #75
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina
Any true patriot should be pissing blood over this, whether you think the war is justified or not.
Hey, don't tell me what to piss!!

"Who among us is smart enough to learn from the mistakes of others?" - Voltaire
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:03 PM   #76
Give me a forum ...

Quote:

Hey, at least we have perspective from someone whose ACTUALLY BEEN THERE..........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:07 PM   #77
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Who is this "us?" Do these soldiers agree with your interpretation?

http://www.appealforredress.org/
This link said nothing on the perception of Kerry’s comments only comments on the War in Iraq