Interesting websites

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Don't know if this will fly, but I'd be interested in looking at any non-political websites that interest you, that might be a little bit out-of-the-way. (Sometimes get tired of looking at the same ole, same ole.)

Here's one that just came my way. Am guessing some may already have this as a favorite. Especially the science section.
slashdot.org

Suggestions?

Last edited:
Depends on what your objective is. Do you want to

- waste time
- learn something
- give the appearance of learning while really wasting time
- just get useless trivia to impress family and friends

Without knowing the OP, I can't imagine making meaningful suggestions.

I frequent websites and forums that align with my interests, I'd start there if I was the OP. Some are lifelong interests, others come and go, I'm constantly "discovering" new websites - it's fun!

I'm constantly "discovering" new websites - it's fun!

+!

Oh yes!!!! There aren't enough hours in the day. My alter ego name is Thomas Young... and the dream is to follow in his footsteps, but am running out of time.

Thank you all for your suggestions... 'tis exactly what I was hoping for. Homework for at least the coming week, with one of the sites linking to the Decorah Eagles... which I almost forgot.

So far your websites that cover exactly the kind of wide ranging interests that helps to get through the cabin fever that sets in at this time of year. :flowers:

As someone that has a major lake/river in the front yard, we're into boating and fishing. Retirement allows time to partake of many such hobbies.
BBCBoards.net is the bass fishermen website.
TheHullTruth.com is the salt water fishermen website.

Many European travelers watch RickSteves.com travel forum on each country in Europe.

Please pardon this website name that I don't like at all, but contains some pretty good references to other sites some may find useful. I believe most people will find at least some sites they never heard of but would find useful and/or interesting that fit OP's intent. Here is the site:

f-inghomepage.com/websites.

Hint: Use your skills in guessing what the first word is (offensive to most) as it is a very bad word. That said, I hope you find the site resourceful as I did. I apologize again, but the site is legit.

Check out StumbleUpon.

Register for a free account. Tip: Use a pseudonym and make your likes "only visible to me". Choose your various interests. Anything from art to science. Whenever you click, it will randomly bring something up based on the interests you've checked.

Then you "train" it to your liking by clicking on a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Last edited:
Don't know if this will fly, but I'd be interested in looking at any non-political websites that interest you, that might be a little bit out-of-the-way. (Sometimes get tired of looking at the same ole, same ole.)

Here's one that just came my way. Am guessing some may already have this as a favorite. Especially the science section.
slashdot.org

Suggestions?

For photography, art, architecture, design and more:

My Modern Met ? The Big City That Celebrates Creative Ideas

Nasa's Astronomy Picture of the Day

This shows a different astronomy related image each day, along with a brief explanation.

I use this as one of the pages my browser opens on startup, so I have a beautiful and (usually) fascinating image to start each morning.

Check out StumbleUpon.

Register for a free account. Tip: Use a pseudonym and make your likes "only visible to me". Choose your various interests. Anything from art to science. Whenever you click, it will randomly bring something up based on the interests you've checked.

Then you "train" it to your liking by clicking on a thumbs up or thumbs down.

+1 this is a complete time sink of a site... but it is how I found this website.

Back
Top Bottom