iPad

Yes, I did that. I had an iPod Touch so I'm familiar with the process but just not working. I looked on the Apple iPad discussion forum and someone else had a similar problem. I did a reset of all settings to see if that would help. Didn't. I'm going to try a factory reset and if that doesn't fix it will ask for support.

Sorry Kat, couldn't be sure from your first post about this.
I haven't run into this with either of our iPads, so I don't have anything beyond the basics to offer:(

Apparently, Amazon is now recording highlights and notes made on Kindles and the Kindle app. for the iPad. Some "popular highlights" popped up in the novel I was reading last night.

More here
Amazon Spying On Your Ebook Highlighting | Techdirt

You mean your were reading Kindle/iPad and it looked like someone else's notes popped up?! I would not like that! As it is I usually make about 28 pages of highlights/notes per book on Kindle, my own are enough.

Last edited:
I just realized that the Kindle application allows me to download and read purchased books on up to 5 devices. What is more, it remembers where you left off no matter which device you are on, so if I get stuck waiting somewhere, I can just pull out my iPhone, open the Kindle application, and continue reading the novel that I was reading on my iPad.

Way cool.

The only downsides of the Kindle application are that it lacks the search and dictionary feature.

Is the Kindle allowed to read EPUB format yet?
That is an attribute of the iPad which I have already used. It was one of the reasons I bought an iPad instead of the Kindle DX.
That would, imo, go a long way towards making the Kindle more competitive.
I love the idea of it remembering where you are in each book regardless of which device you are using. Haven't checked that out with the iBook app for the iphone/iPad, will have to check that out:)

Keyboard cat meets IPad:

I hope he has a screen protector on there, it doesn't sound like the cat's been de-clawed.

I can see why Apple has the policy - everything that i have purchased at the Apple store recently was purchased from a roving clerk that swipes my credit card through a card reader attached to an iphone. I guess they can increase sales by making all employees able to ring up sales from anywhere in the store . But they should still have a "cash register" somewhere for cash sales

Interesting, I knew about the ability to check out with any apple store rep (which I love) but thought you could go to the cash register as well if you wanted the inconvenience.

People still use that archaic store of value made out of paper??!!

I have had my iPad for about 1.5 months now. I love it, love it, love it. I use it so much that I barely sit in front of my desktop computer anymore. YMMV.

I wonder if they would accept gold. It's the only real money, anyway. Isn't it? :whistle:

I have had my iPad for about 1.5 months now. I love it, love it, love it. I use it so much that I barely sit in front of my desktop computer anymore. YMMV.

The only time I sit in front of my desktop is when I am programming apps for my iPad:greetings10:

I like that they don't give me a receipt but email it to me. Once less piece of paper for me to throw out, but it enables me to have a record of my purchase.

Does anyone actually use cash anymore?

Mine is supposed to arrive in a week (fingers crossed)

How exciting! :dance: :clap: I'll bet it seems like a VERY long week, though.

I am still on the fence so maybe I'll get one later. After checking them out at Best Buy, personally I prefer my Kindle for reading but then the iPad has so many other functions.

Weren't they an opening act for the 5th Dimension?

Never did figure out how to add background music to the Kindle. Still use an oldfangled radio.

Okay, why would an iPad be better than an iPod? I'm not impressed with the sound quality on the iPod, is iPad significantly better?

So there I was last night, reading the internet on the iPod; what saved me from total obsession was the tiny print ruining my eyes--so eventually I stopped and fell asleep. When I get the iPad, I'm a gonner.

The larger screen is nice. You can web surf, post on forums like this really quite easily. I finally did sign up for the 3G service when I was out and about not near Wifi (one advantage of the 3G ipad over an ipod). I signed up for the 250mb for 30 days. I did some web surfing for about half an hour and used about 5 mb. Then my son wanted to use it and he watched videos on you tube. He used another 60 mb in under an hour. So if you want to watch a lot of streaming video probably the unlimited plan is better.

It is fun to play scrabble on it and the larger screen is nice for that. Watching TV shows from iTunes is also great.

The iPad is by no means a necessity but I am finding I use it a lot. I do have a kindle but like reading on the iPad better (I have set the screen color for reading where the page is not bright white and the contrast is lower). I like that I can read in low light and that I can easily see pictures and graphs in books.

Back
Top Bottom