Larry Hagman

Growing up in an upper-middle class single TV household, I was forced to watch Dallas with my parents when I was bored. Although, having spent a bit of time w/ my grandparents, you could say that my interests and maturity level weren't like my peers. As such, I appreciated some of the shows, and remember the big hooplah over "who shot JR", and the various other cliff-hangers they introduced.(snip)
I'm another who didn't watch Dallas either during the original broadcasts or in re-runs. But I do remember the hooplah over who shot JR. Wasn't that the first season-ending cliffhanger episode in network TV?

HighRoller said:
I almost never missed a show when it was on. (Have them all on DVD's now) JR (Hagman) made the show.

I watched the first few years of the show, but probably being an odd ball, I was a big fan of its spin off "Knots Landing", and never missed an episode of it. Oddly enough, Knots Landing lasted longer than the original Dallas did.

How could I have forgotten Green Acres?

I'd also add Mr. Ed too :). One of my favorite episodes was the one with Clint Eastwood when he pays Wilbur a visit thinking Wilbur is a crank caller.

On our way back from MO yesterday, we heard about his death. I hear folks are leaving flowers at Southfork Ranch. It's only five minutes from our house...I really should go there and take a few pics. However, my hiney is still worn out from our trip.

Maybe tomorrow.

...and yes, I watched Dallas. Loved it.

Back
Top Bottom