Most annoying foible of your spouse or SO

Frank leaves stuff like that in his freezer, too. He thinks it prevents bug infestations. He takes it out to add to his trash on trash day.

Doesn't bother me, though! When I am at his house and he offers me a yogurt, I dutifully put the container in the freezer when I'm done. At my house, the freezer just has food in it, not empty boxes and containers.
I think it is something that people do in hot climates. My brother does it too. I put my bacon grease can in the freezer before I take it down to the dumpster to avoid spilling it.

Ha

I think it is something that people do in hot climates. My brother does it too. I put my bacon grease can in the freezer before I take it down to the dumpster to avoid spilling it.

I have only done this with shrimp peels. Those things start stinking bad after a day in the kitchen garbage inside the house. It would be horrible if left in the outside garbage for a week with 90-100 degree temps.

I have only done this with shrimp peels. Those things start stinking bad after a day in the kitchen garbage inside the house. It would be horrible if left in the outside garbage for a week with 90-100 degree temps.
Pssssttt...add some baking soda (1/2 box) to the trash before closing it up and taking it outside. :D

Pssssttt...add some baking soda (1/2 box) to the trash before closing it up and taking it outside. :D

Waste perfectly good baking soda? Sub optimal! The double wrapped bag of shrimp peels in the freezer till trash day is way more optimal. :D

Get that tongue back in your mouth....:cool:

Here's one more... DH will shove something in my face and say, "I think this has 'gone over', smell/taste it!" :sick:

Are you my wife:confused: :angel:

BTW, do you have a favorite tool for finishing projects? :LOL:

Isense of saying A then B then C then D. She is that person who, when presented with a problem will simply say "D" - no explanation. Unfortunately (naaaahhhh, fortunately), she is usually right. It is really frustrating at times. I can't just accept that her leaps beyond logic are as good as or better than my dogged logic. !

C'mon, intuition isn't illogic. It's logic + domain knowledge, on steroids. It gets better as you get older, too. I'm extremely logical, and my natural reliance on intuition is no problem for my husband. He likes getting a quick response, that usually turns out to be right! But it hurts me at work. When I can't quite explain how I reached a conclusion or came up with an idea, some of my bosses simply refuse to believe I could be on to something.
Later, when they arrive at the same conclusion, themselves, or another co-worker does, it becomes the greatest solution EVER but I get no credit, dammit :mad:. So my only course is to keep quiet about my ideas until I've figured out a tedious, methodical explanation.

Yes, as I can recall from a long-ago philosophy class, intuition can come from experience. We do not need to prove 2+3=5 every time we need to use that fact. And if every time we encounter heat we need to relearn that it burns, we would not survive for long.

Still, as your experience may be different than others, the conclusion might still have to be supported by some facts dug out from past experiences or observations that were lurking in the subconcience.

That is one perk of the drought here. I haven't mowed since May...
When we went through a drought here, we had to water the lawn. Well, at least the foundation or our house would start cracking up....and not in a funny way.

I can't believe anyone is actually answering this. :) Is this a set-up? Worse, is this a FIRE "Plan B" - supplement the portfolio with blackmail? :whistle:

The fake "ready to go."

I wait and wait in the living room while she's dicking around upstairs in front of the mirror, then when she comes triumphantly walking down the stairs I get the okay let's go. Then right as I'm opening the door, choose randomly from:
1. Wait let me find my chapstick
2. Wait I haven't seen the cat in awhile let me make sure he's inside somewhere
3. Wait I forgot I was going to change purses
4. Wait these shoes will hurt my feet
(etc.)

I commence prancing back and forth near the car impatiently.

The fake "ready to go."

I wait and wait in the living room while she's dicking around upstairs in front of the mirror, then when she comes triumphantly walking down the stairs I get the okay let's go. Then right as I'm opening the door, choose randomly from:
(etc.)

I'm confused... You are prancing and she is dicking around? :confused:

The fake "ready to go."

(etc.)

I confess to being guilty of this! :blush:

Damn, y'all keep reminding me of new things--whenever we are ready to leave anywhere: the house, a restaurant, whatever--as soon as I've gathered up whatever is going with us, DH says wait, I need to go to the bathroom first.
I could KILL him for this.

I think it is perfectly rational that she is upstairs dicking around and tiuxiu is downstairs prancing. :)

I don't see any mention of the position of the toilet seat, but I'm sure that's coming!

Just once, my husband could fail to sigh, mutter, and exclaim disapprovingly when I tell him of a (necessary) appointment I've made. Doesn't matter if it's early morning, mid-day, or afternoon. Could be for doctor, dentist, haircut, car repair, or cat repair. It always conflicts with something he was thinking of doing, or is inconvenient for some reason. And it's no good asking, in advance, what time would be best for him, since, in advance, he doesn't know.
(This was true even when we had 2 cars!)

Just once, my husband could fail to sigh, mutter, and exclaim disapprovingly when I tell him of a (necessary) appointment I've made. Doesn't matter if it's early morning, mid-day, or afternoon. Could be for doctor, dentist, haircut, car repair, or cat repair. It always conflicts with something he was thinking of doing, or is inconvenient for some reason. And it's no good asking, in advance, what time would be best for him, since, in advance, he doesn't know.
(This was true even when we had 2 cars!)

Sometimes I marvel that I am the one who is divorced and you women are still standing by your men. :)

Ha

I will do one better.

My wife has no foibles or bad habits whatsoever. :smitten::smitten::smitten:

When I started posting here, I tried to get her to join, but she got bored after surfing a bit and has not been back. Still, a guy's got to be sure.

Sometimes I marvel that I am the one who is divorced and you women are still standing by your men. :)

Ha

Maybe you should take notes and apply this knowledge to your next dating scenario. :)

And just so you know...toilet seat closed so the dogs don't drink out of it!

Back
Top Bottom