My FOUR hours with the "window guy"......:(

I'm amazed you put up with that. After wasting four hours of my time, and then getting huffy when I said "no thanks"...That would have been a sales call he would remember for a long time - once he regained consciousness.

Just remember who called who here. I think the salesperson was the one that had the wasted time.

Just remember who called who here. I think the salesperson was the one that had the wasted time.

DW made the appointment, then told me he was coming over. I've been through this before, if you cancel, they incessantly bug you forever......

I think DW wanted to talk me into them, but the price was too high for me and her. Once I found out it was non-negotiable, it turned me off. I guess I was "stupid" to think that in the worst recession in 50 years or more, I should have negotiating leverage........:blink:

He took that risk himself. If he disclosed his price up front he could save himself the time. But that's not his schtick, is it? He's made the calculation that it's worth the possible waste of time in order to possibly pressure an easy sell into an overpriced job.

Don't feel sorry for him. I certainly don't.

He took that risk himself. If he disclosed his price up front he could save himself the time. But that's not his schtick, is it? He's made the calculation that it's worth the possible waste of time in order to possibly pressure an easy sell into an overpriced job.

Don't feel sorry for him. I certainly don't.

73ss454 and I are both salespeople. The sales guy did what he was trained to do, and he was likeable. DW was having fun "learning", and I was observing the sales process.

We both said many times, that, like all things, price WAS an issue. The most humorous thing of all was the fact he seemed upset I didn't like his price..........that we should just accept it was an awesome price because he SAID SO.......:rolleyes:

Had I known there would be NO negotiating on price, I would have ended things a lot sooner........;)

sFi_snowball.gif

I have double hung windows with wooden frames and double panes. Wherever a pane fogs I pay about $75 to replace it. Whenever the wooden frames rot I use Bondo to fill them and paint them. I did get a quote for $12000 once for new windows and decided to buy an extra can of Bondo. If I had been with the guy for four hours I might have been fixing a window while he spoke for the last hour or two.

I have double hung windows with wooden frames and double panes. Wherever a pane fogs I pay about $75 to replace it. Whenever the wooden frames rot I use Bondo to fill them and paint them. I did get a quote for $12000 once for new windows and decided to buy an extra can of Bondo. If I had been with the guy for four hours I might have been fixing a window while he spoke for the last hour or two.

Let's see, I:

1)Made fresh brewed iced tea

2)Checked on the kids a bunch of times

3)Had a snack

4)Took two phone calls

Not ONCE did he say anything. I guess he thought that the DWs of the world make ALL the buying decisions........;)

Back
Top Bottom