Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-21-2014, 06:15 PM   #261
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
"A Tale of Two Cities" with Texas teams this week - It was the best of times (for Dallas), it was the worse of times (for Houston)...

Actually, the Houston/Pittsburgh game wasn't that bad (if you didn't watch the last few minutes of the second quarter.) I understand it's not a record, but I've personally never seen so many points scored by one pro team in such a short time.
I recall a Monday Night Football game quite a few years ago (10?) when the Seahawks were up by some 21 points at the final two-minute warning. They were high-fiving and congratulating each other during the commercial break. Then, during the final two minutes of the game, the opposing team (Cowboys?) got those 21 points, plus! And won the game! A tough lesson in: you haven't won until it's over.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #262
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

OMG, Tomorrow is going to be a very long day & night of watching football. Starting at 8:30am (Central time) with the Lions and Falcons playing in London. Then the regular games all afternoon and ending late Sunday night with the Packers and the Saints.

The problem is that NASCAR will conflict with the afternoon games and the World Series will conflict with the evening game.

I guess I better put some new batteries in the TV remote control and an extra 6 pack of beer on ice for tomorrow.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:11 AM   #263

I predict Bears victory over Pats today. Of course that depends on which team shows up......Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde!
Old 10-26-2014, 10:45 AM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper1 View Post
I predict Bears victory over Pats today. Of course that depends on which team shows up......Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde!
Hope your prediction is correct but I doubt it. I just have that feeling Brady is going to carve them up like a thanksgiving turkey.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #265

I wonder what "CJ Mosley" (Lions defensive tackel) did to get suspended for two weeks and sent home from London this weekend?
Old 10-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #266

So I guess we now know the solution to the Lion's field goal kicker problem. Give him two tries! Go Lions!
Old 10-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #267

So the Tennessee Titans, who were actually the Houston Oilers, before they move to Tennessee in the late 90s, were “whipped up on” today by Houston’s replacement team “The Houston Texans”. Adding to that insult, the Texans current quarterback (Fitzpatrick) played for the Titans last year .
Old 10-26-2014, 03:05 PM   #268

I'm going out for a nice long walk. My blood pressure was going thru the roof by the end of that Seahawks-Panthers game!
Old 10-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #269

Watched a few minutes of the Steelers vs Colts, but those Steeler throw back uniforms about made me barf.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imgres.jpg (14.5 KB, 96 views)
Old 10-26-2014, 04:31 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M5 View Post
Watched a few minutes of the Steelers vs Colts, but those Steeler throw back uniforms about made me barf.

When the Patriots switched their logo, a lot of people weren't happy. They thought the new guy looked like Elvis. I agreed and still do. I like the Minuteman in a three-point stance.

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 04:38 PM   #271

Yes those Killer Bee unis are quite the eye-full but they seem to be working.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
Hope your prediction is correct but I doubt it. I just have that feeling Brady is going to carve them up like a thanksgiving turkey.
You were 100% correct. He was 30 for 35 for 350 yards and 5 TDs.

BTW he's 5-0 in his career against the Bears.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
Boy was I wrong. To a man I thought they would come out so fired up and play like madmen. Well, I think this coaching staff has to go. Trestman has lost this team. Personally, I thought they should have got on the bus at halftime and went to the airport.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #274

Quote:

They are awful. Maybe it's for Halloween.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #275

Big matchup next Sunday in Foxborough. The 6-1 Broncos and the 6-2 Patriots. It's Brady against Manning and I WILL be there.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:56 PM   #276

Well at least the Bears won't get blown out next week.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 10-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #277

Quote:
I like the uniforms, I like the Steelers, I loved the game.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #278

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
I like the uniforms, I like the Steelers, I loved the game.
Well there is no accounting for taste, but agree the Steelers played strong yesterday.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #279

What a disappointing game for Cowboys fans last night. They didn't play up to their potential and should have won this one easily. I really don't think Romo should have gone back in the game after he re-injured his back. Also, RG3 had better look out, McCoy played well last night.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:07 PM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Guy View Post
What a disappointing game for Cowboys fans last night. They didn't play up to their potential and should have won this one easily. I really don't think Romo should have gone back in the game after he re-injured his back. Also, RG3 had better look out, McCoy played well last night.
Agree, the defense was absent and they were unable to adjust against the blitz. Somehow, I think they should have kept running the ball on several pass plays and the score might have been different. I was impressed with Colt's play and Weeden should have been left in.