NFL: 2014 Season

A part of me wanted a shutout and a score like 60-0. Hoping, that would've brought out the firing squad.

But now, the spin probably will be like "Look at the bright side, we got a kickoff return for a TD" :LOL:

Bears town my ass.....this is a Blackhawks town

Cutler's biggest problem is his attitude and lack of leadership skills, The QB position is one that requires leadership skills. Look at Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers. Their teams excel in part due to their leadership.

Cutler is a problem but this defense would be hard pressed to stop a high school team from scoring at will.

Cutler is a problem but this defense would be hard pressed to stop a high school team from scoring at will.

I say the # 1 prob is Tucker. He should have been fired last year. #2 is Cutler. No more excuses..same mistakes over and over. #3 Trestman -- he's more stubborn than Lovie in some ways.

... bring your A game guts and blood type player......These sissies flat out quit after they got down early and the Packers were on the sideline laughing....If someone pops you in the mouth and you taste blood, what is your response......I can go on but I don't want to get kicked off by the Mods....

Ah, yes. This should toughen the Bears up. Leading by example is a great teaching method.

These are sad days for Bears fans, past great Bears players, George Halas......the list goes on. This proud blue collar town where the Monsters of the Midway used to play. Where the 1963 Champion Bears beat the Giants to the 1986 Bears that demolished the Boston Patriots were predicated on defense and bring your A game guts and blood type player......These sissies flat out quit after they got down early and the Packers were on the sideline laughing....If someone pops you in the mouth and you taste blood, what is your response......I can go on but I don't want to get kicked off by the Mods....BEAR FANS WHAT DO YOU THINK!!!!!

The demise of the Bears is very disappointing. Fans are burning their jerseys. I saw Dan Hampton going nuts in an interview. I think they need an entirely new coaching staff. These coaches do not have the players ready for the game. And yes- the players are sissies.

Yep - the Blackhawks have far more emotion and will to win than the Bears. Chicago sports fans identify themselves more through the hard working Blackhawks than Bears

Last edited:
Not a Bears fan here but as an outsider I think Cutler is your problem. He is talented with a good arm but he is mentally weak and he is constantly pouting on the sideline and his body language is always negative. Definitely not a leader.

The most successful teams build around the QB position that is why the PATS, Broncos, Packers, Seahawks, niners and now Colts are winning.

For the Bears rock bottom, if they can go any lower than the drubbing from the Packers, is when Tampa Bay with Lovie and McCown beat them in a couple of weeks :LOL:

It is a Bears town. But, like I said, there is now hope for the Cubs and the Bulls are fun to watch. Hawks are and down but it is early.

The only real Bears fix is to get rid of the owners. Short of that fire President/GM/Coaching staff and start again next year. I tried to stick by Jay, but no more. He is indeed a coach killer (so, who would want to come here?)

It is a Bears town. But, like I said, there is now hope for the Cubs and the Bulls are fun to watch. Hawks are and down but it is early.

The only real Bears fix is to get rid of the owners. Short of that fire President/GM/Coaching staff and start again next year. I tried to stick by Jay, but no more. He is indeed a coach killer (so, who would want to come here?)

The GM/Coach made their own bed last year by giving Cutler a lucrative contract instead of franchising him. Cutler got rewarded for last year pretty much being injured. Just giving someone a huge contract doesn't make them a better player. I think Jay tried, but under pressure, he makes the same darn mistakes turning the ball over again and again.

I blame Trestman for stubbornly not sitting him out. That's the difference between McCarthy of the Packers and Trestman. When Eddie Lacy got fumble-itis, McCarthy sat him down for a series or two to think things over. That's something Trestman doesn't want to or is afraid to do with his players.

Last edited:
I bought into the hype this spring. But looking back it is painfully obvious. Defense was collapsing then, and if memory serves their best stretch of games were with the backup. They matchup better with teams who have weak QB play ( don't all?) so I will go out on a limb and say they get collect first home win of season this weekend vs. Vikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought into the hype this spring. But looking back it is painfully obvious. Defense was collapsing then, and if memory serves their best stretch of games were with the backup. They matchup better with teams who have weak QB play ( don't all?) so I will go out on a limb and say they get collect first home win of
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Personally I think they are the worst team in the league. I don't think they will win another game. Actually I think they are an embarrassment to the NFL.

Personally I think they are the worst team in the league. I don't think they will win another game. Actually I think they are an embarrassment to the NFL.

I hope you are right, want the high draft pick (if they don't screw that up)

Speaking of embarrassments, I hope Houston's decison to replace QB Ryan Fitzpatrick with Ryan Mallet for this weeks game doesn't turn into another one. But they need to do something... Maybe Mallet learned something from Tom Brady when he was warming the beach for the Patriots.

Speaking of embarrassments, I hope Houston's decison to replace QB Ryan Fitzpatrick with Ryan Mallet for this weeks game doesn't turn into another one. But they need to do something... Maybe Mallet learned something from Tom Brady when he was warming the beach for the Patriots.

Pretty good possibility that he would do good since the head coach was Brady's offensive coordinator. Also another Patriots bench warmer Brian Hoyer is doing pretty good in Cleveland

Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll just announced that TE Zach Miiler is out for the season, joining DT Brandon Mebane. Ouch! That hurts!

Just got back from a nice long walk to de-stress from that close Seahawks' loss. Just in time for the second half of the ARZ-DET game on local TV. Now all I can hope for is a Lions' win. Go (ex-Seahawk) Golden Tate!

No go on the Lions coming back to beat the Cards. Just couldn't make it 4 weeks in a row. I am surprised that they hung in. It was 14-0 by the time I tuned in and thought that they were on their way to getting blown out. Defence looks pretty good. O couldn't get anything going. I thought that that punt return in the 4th quarter was going to be in the running for the 'Play of the Day'. Oh well.

Speaking of embarrassments, I hope Houston's decision to replace QB Ryan Fitzpatrick with Ryan Mallet for this weeks game doesn't turn into another one. But they need to do something... Maybe Mallet learned something from Tom Brady when he was warming the beach for the Patriots.

I was very pleasantly surprised at how well Ryan Mallet did for his first pro "start". Maybe he did learn something from Brady. We will see over the next few weeks I guess.

And again, I was disappointed by more bad calls (IMHO) during this game. They called JJ Watts twice for roughing the kicker. In both cases he was just trying to block the kick and rolled up on the kicker. Less than a second sooner and he would have blocked the kicks and been called a hero, but instead he get's called for a major penalty and it turns the ball back to the Browns with a first down. I understand they are trying to protect the players from "unnecessary roughness" but as they say "come-on man".

No go on the Lions coming back to beat the Cards. Just couldn't make it 4 weeks in a row. I am surprised that they hung in. It was 14-0 by the time I tuned in and thought that they were on their way to getting blown out. Defence looks pretty good. O couldn't get anything going. I thought that that punt return in the 4th quarter was going to be in the running for the 'Play of the Day'. Oh well.

Have Pats next week. Is this usually the time they start to self destruct?

The Patriots will be fine. They have made me happy since I started watching football in the late 70s, win or lose. I think Chuck Fairbanks was the coach back then.

Bears won a game at home. Whoopee. Again they played sloppy and had lots of mistakes but managed to beat a team I guess that is worse than them. Next week they play Bucs at home and old coach Lovie Smith. Bucs are 2-8. Another bottom feeder but I bet they will be hard pressed to win this one also.

Back
Top Bottom