NFL: 2014 Season

It will be interesting to see if they fill up Ford field in Detroit with spectators for the relocated Jets/Bills game on Monday night. Ticket prices are about as good as it can get "free".

It will be interesting to see if they fill up Ford field in Detroit with spectators for the relocated Jets/Bills game on Monday night. Ticket prices are about as good as it can get "free".

It will be packed!

Boy, the ESPN app (on my iTouch) has become painfully slow. I use it to check out matchups and times.

Maybe I should switch to something else. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Yes Ford Field should be a 'sell-out' for the free Bills-Jets game. A great pre-Thanksgiving treat for the people of Detroit.

Just watching the Pats help the Lions continue on their way to an 8-8 record and playoff miss and was impressed with the Pats as an organization. I pointed out to my 15-year-old son that Jonas Gray who tore up the Colts last week and made the cover of SI was benched today for sleeping in and being late for practice on Friday. Bill Belichick sent him home on Friday for being tardy. Thank you Coach Belichick for pointing out that it is important to set your alarm no matter how great you were last week.

The Broncos sure had their hands full with the Dolphins today. Lot's of points scored on both sides. I didn't think they were going to win until late in the 4th quarter.

Yes Ford Field should be a 'sell-out' for the free Bills-Jets game. A great pre-Thanksgiving treat for the people of Detroit.

Just watching the Pats help the Lions continue on their way to an 8-8 record and playoff miss and was impressed with the Pats as an organization. I pointed out to my 15-year-old son that Jonas Gray who tore up the Colts last week and made the cover of SI was benched today for sleeping in and being late for practice on Friday. Bill Belichick sent him home on Friday for being tardy. Thank you Coach Belichick for pointing out that it is important to set your alarm no matter how great you were last week.

+1

This has been Belichick mode of operations since he's been coaching the PATS. Earlier in the season Revis was sent home for being late for practice. In 2007 four players including Randy Moss and Adilus Thomas were sent home for being late for practice after a snowstorm. Thomas made a big stink about and he was cut the following season.

That's why he is the best coach in the NFL.

....I pointed out to my 15-year-old son that Jonas Gray who tore up the Colts last week and made the cover of SI was benched today for sleeping in and being late for practice on Friday. Bill Belichick sent him home on Friday for being tardy. Thank you Coach Belichick for pointing out that it is important to set your alarm no matter how great you were last week.

I thought that Gray would only be benched for the first half but he was benched for the whole game. It seemed a bit severe to me given the infraction.

That final drive for win by the Cowboys was impressive, capped off by some incredible pass blocking. The Giant's always play tough against the boys, but Philly even more so. Hope its a good Thanksgiving, but Sanchez is looking pretty dam good for the Eagles.

I thought that Gray would only be benched for the first half but he was benched for the whole game. It seemed a bit severe to me given the infraction.

I think the game plan against the Lions did not need a strong running game since Detroit had the best run defense in the league and not so good secondary. That is why Brady threw the ball 53 times. It allowed Belichick to send a message to the rest of his locker room without affecting the outcome of the game.

That final drive for win by the Cowboys was impressive, capped off by some incredible pass blocking. The Giant's always play tough against the boys, but Philly even more so. Hope its a good Thanksgiving, but Sanchez is looking pretty dam good for the Eagles.

Good road win, but Philly will likely be much tougher.

But what a catch by Beckham Jr.!

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

But what a catch by Beckham Jr.!

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

Yes it was. As a Tiger fan, I've been watching Odell for several years. He and Jarvis Landry were standouts for LSU. However, it's kind of bitter sweet to see him have a big game against the Cowboys.

Wait just a minute - the Bears have a 2 game winning streak. At 5-6, I need to check out their playoff possibilities, especially if they run the table.

Ronstar said:
Wait just a minute - the Bears have a 2 game winning streak. At 5-6, I need to check out their playoff possibilities, especially if they run the table.

It's a mathematical possibility, they would need
help from other teams. Last time they went 10-6, they stayed home and Lovie got fired.

The defense has received all the bad press coverage, but in totality of the entire season, the offense has been the complete mystery. Disjointed and out of sync all year. The Lions have followed suit mysteriously the same way. Except their defense has been stronger and has hidden the problem better. Schedule doesn't set up well for Bears to get to 8-8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The defense has received all the bad press coverage, but in totality of the entire season, the offense has been the complete mystery. Disjointed and out of sync all year. The Lions have followed suit mysteriously the same way. Except their defense has been stronger and has hidden the problem better. Schedule doesn't set up well for Bears to get to 8-8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're right. 8-8 will be tough with 2 games against the Lions, Dallas at home, Saints at home and Vikings away. Bears might not win another game.

Number 1 is playing number 2 on Sunday. Should be a great game the way these two teams are playing right now.

GO PATS

The NE at GB should be a very entertaining game to watch this coming weekend.

I'm not a betting man. But if I did, I'd choose NE.

The NE at GB should be a very entertaining game to watch this coming weekend.

I'm not a betting man. But if I did, I'd choose NE.

The Packers are favorites by 3 which is normally given to the home team if both teams are even but I agree with you both offenses are rated first and 2nd but the PATS defense is rated higher and that should give them a slight advantage.

The Packers are favorites by 3 which is normally given to the home team if both teams are even but I agree with you both offenses are rated first and 2nd but the PATS defense is rated higher and that should give them a slight advantage.

I'm choosing NE because of the better defense.

But, when Rodgers had the offense clicking... well, it's gonna be a good game to watch :)

In case you missed it either live or on replay, here's one the greatest catches ever made. It was made during last Sundays game between the Cowboys and Giants.

In case you missed it either live or on replay, here's one the greatest catches ever made. It was made during last Sundays game between the Cowboys and Giants.

This may be the greatest catch but I think the catch by David Tyre of the Giants in Superbowl XLII was much more impressive and clutch as it allowed the Giants to prevent the PATS from making history by going 19-0. Much bigger stage.

I still have nightmares as a result of that catch:LOL:

This may be the greatest catch but I think the catch by David Tyre of the Giants in Superbowl XLII was much more impressive and clutch as it allowed the Giants to prevent the PATS from making history by going 19-0. Much bigger stage.

I still have nightmares as a result of that catch:LOL:

While there was more on the line, I can't agree with that catch being "much more impressive". Although, Manning was pretty impressive in escaping the sack and getting off that toss.

The best play on super bowl XLII - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom