NFL: 2014 Season

I agree that the Cowboys defense didnt look too bad in the first game but give them a few games to really sink into reality. SF's offense isnt anything to write home about. Just wait......

While awaiting 'Thursday Night Football' tomorrow night with PIT vs. BAL, here's some recent NFL news:

1. NFL received 2nd Ray Rice video back in April, despite their assertions to the contrary. Public relations disaster? Commissioner Goodell in hotter water and possibly on his way out the door? (17 of the 32 owners would decide.)

2. Seattle NFL head coach Pete Carroll hits the 1m Twitter Followers mark, making him the most-followed head coach in professional sports. Wow!

Meanwhile, I'm eagerly looking forward to the NE-MIN, SEA-SD and SF-CHI games this weekend.

BTW: I see that there's currently a free trial of NFL Game Rewind. Anyone subscribe to that? If so, what plan do you have and how do you like it?

And now we have a fun new scandal with Jerry Jones being sued for sexual harrassment.

Its not even week 2, and the Bears are in turmoil. Cutler slamming the media. Lance Briggs supposedly partying until 4am last Friday night. But it'll all be ok if the Bears manage to beat the Niners Sun night. But that's a big If.

Happy to see my Lions dominate the Giants and jump 6 places to the middle of the pack. Should be well positioned to put on the late season fade and miss the playoffs with a loss in the last week of the regular season.
It could be worse. For Bear fans the season is already over.

Its not even week 2, and the Bears are in turmoil. Cutler slamming the media. Lance Briggs supposedly partying until 4am last Friday night. But it'll all be ok if the Bears manage to beat the Niners Sun night. But that's a big If.
Knowing the Bears they are liable to beat 49ers only to lose the next six.

Actually I thought he was better.

My point was if McCown had never gone to TB and was the Bears' backup QB under Trestman instead of Lovie. The fans would be calling for him especially since Cutler gave up that stupid INT :facepalm:

This Bear defense would make my father roll over in his grave. Jared Allen is a cast off has been, Briggs is too old party boy, Tillman is done, and the list goes on. Running backs all over the league are licking their chops to get a chance to play against this group. Now should I say what I really want to say!

Between the fact that the Bears probably have the best 1-2 punch at WR in the NFL and they have a top 5 RB, they should be scoring 35 pts per game. The fact that they aren't tells you how inconsistent and overrated Cutler is.

This Bear defense would make my father roll over in his grave. Jared Allen is a cast off has been, Briggs is too old party boy, Tillman is done, and the list goes on. Running backs all over the league are licking their chops to get a chance to play against this group. Now should I say what I really want to say!

I had picked the Bears to go 12-4 or 11-5. But after the first game, they may not make 8-8. :LOL:

But if the Bears end up at 8-8 (.500) they'll still be playing better than the Cubs and the White Sox. :facepalm:

I just heard on the news that Chicago teams were a combined 1-13 last week. A single win by the white sox.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I just heard on the news that Chicago teams were a combined 1-13 last week. A single win by the white sox.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
It is pretty pitiful isn't it. Well, we have the Bulls and Blackhawks to look forward to anyway

On that note, the Steelers looked pretty unhappy tonight.

The Steelers look like a pretty stinky team this year ....glad I only have 1 on my FF teams

I think I'm the only football fan in the world who actively dislikes fantasy football. I have to watch NFL games alone now because I'm tired of being around people rooting for players instead of teams. But maybe that's just me. :)

FF is too much like w*rk for me, keeping track of all those numbers and what everyone is doing.

The only league I am in picks by teams.

Back
Top Bottom