NFL: 2014 Season

Awesome game. I don't think anyone could have beat the Cowboys today. The Seahawks were very lucky they only lost by 7 considering the turnovers.

Yep, they dominated both sides of the ball and it would have been a much more lop-sided score except for the special team faux paws. The 12th man did show up, but it really didn't matter.

We have waited a long time to see our team play with that kind of heart. I don't think anyone expected to be 5-1 at this point, except for Jerry Jones, but he expects them to win the super bowl every year:face palm: I hope they can avoid key injuries and keep the momentum going for a while.

When your team's strength is a run blocking offensive line and a great running back....you run the ball. Apparently after several years, Jason Garrett finally realized that.

When your team's strength is a run blocking offensive line and a great running back....you run the ball. Apparently after several years, Jason Garrett finally realized that.

Unfortunately before this year, the OL was still not all that good at run or pass blocking. However, even with that, the Cowboys were way too unbalanced in favor of passing too much. IMO, I put some of that blame on Romo, who would audible off run plays, thinking he could turn every play into a miraculous pass completion.

Keep the ball out of Romo's hands. Looks like a good winning formula :LOL:

Ratliff and Allen make a difference............................

Agree, I know Jay personally and he is definitly a beast and a difference maker.

Im stunned that the Bears defense held the Atlanta offense to 13 points - especially starting 3 backup linebackers. The game was definitely won by the D line.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
Seahawks looked pretty mortal today.
Ouch! The Cowboys were simply the better team. Russell wasn't as bad as some say (like wide receiver Doug Baldwin said out of frustration, before he back-tracked a bit and placed blame on the entire offense). His passes were usually spot on, but the Dallas pass defense was superb.

There are a lot more games to be played this season.

Before the game, I would have picked the Falcons as a lock.

But now, I'm thinking the Bears are ready to take on the Packers.

As the saying goes, "Any given Sunday" (or Monday, or Thursday) :)

Hope you are correct but Packers pretty much have had the Bears number the last few years. Thought I saw somewhere that a Cutler led Bears team has beaten the Pack a grand total of once.

How about The PATS? Just about when people were criticizing them for being old and washed up they dominated their last two games against quality opponents. Brady has shown that he is still one of the best in the game.

Bitter sweet win.... They lost their defensive captain (Mayo) and their number one running back (Ridley)

Well, Cowboy's Doug Free out for 4-6 weeks with a foot fracture and Joseph Randle was just arrested for shop lifting. Hope this type of trend does not continue.

Joseph Randle was just arrested for shop lifting. Hope this type of trend does not continue.

From what I've read, he'll earn more than 1/2 million this year on his contract. The news report I was reading said, his excuse was, he didn't want to take the time to pay for the items. What is someone like this thinking? If this is all true, he's lucky that stupidity isn't a crime?

Last edited:
From what I've read, he'll earn more than 1/2 million this year on his contract. The news report I was reading said, his excuse was, he didn't want to take the time to pay for the items. What is someone like this thinking? Or maybe he's not thinking at all. If this is all true, he's lucky that stupidity isn't a crime.

I understand the Cowboys recently implemented a zero tolerance policy for arrests and other misconducts. I am curious to see how that policy gets interpreted in this case. If Murray gets hurt or needs rest, they will certainly need Joseph Randle.

I understand the Cowboys recently implemented a zero tolerance policy for arrests and other misconducts. I am curious to see how that policy gets interpreted in this case.

It will be interesting to see how they apply their new zero tolerance policy. Also, I realize that the NFL want's to be seen as "swiftly" taking appropriate and positive actions in these cases. But shouldn't the discipline be held until the person is found guilty in a court of law or admits to the crime/misconduct?

From what I've read, he'll earn more than 1/2 million this year on his contract. The news report I was reading said, his excuse was, he didn't want to take the time to pay for the items. What is someone like this thinking? If this is all true, he's lucky that stupidity isn't a crime?

He didn't want to take the time to pay for the items :facepalm:

My first thought when I read this story is why would someone who obviously has a decent paycheck, even if paid the minimum pro football salary do such a stupid thing? I guess the thoughts of "I want, I take" overpower "I'll get caught" at the moment.

Kinda brings back memories of Winona Ryder and her kleptomaniac days :facepalm:

Last edited:
I understand the Cowboys recently implemented a zero tolerance policy for arrests and other misconducts. I am curious to see how that policy gets interpreted in this case. If Murray gets hurt or needs rest, they will certainly need Joseph Randle.

Hopefully he won't be joining us on one of the threads about realizing we weren't as critical to our jobs as we thought we were.

It will be interesting to see how they apply their new zero tolerance policy. Also, I realize that the NFL want's to be seen as "swiftly" taking appropriate and positive actions in these cases. But shouldn't the discipline be held until the person is found guilty in a court of law or admits to the crime/misconduct?

I think Garrett said he would be fined one weeks pay. I'm not sure what exactly that translates to, but probably at least $20K.

Back
Top Bottom