NFL: 2014 Season

I'm really looking forward to the Cardinals/Cowboys game today. Two of the top rated teams at this point in the season. The latest reports I've seen say that Romo will not be starting today due to his "new" back injury, so this is going to be a real test for Weeden.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Weeden has major problems early on in the game.

Last edited:
ok, we're about half way through the season. Any predictions on who will be in the superbowl this season based on the current standings? (sure a lot can, and probably will change) i'm not sure it will happen but "i'd like to see" the cowboys and broncos.

packers over broncos in super bowl.

I'm really looking forward to the Cardinals/Cowboys game today. Two of the top rated teams at this point in the season. The latest reports I've seen say that Romo will not be starting today due to his "new" back injury, so this is going to be a real test for Weeden.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Weeden has major problems early on in the game.

I would rather not see Romo try to play, as the Cards will just go into blitz mode. I suspect Weeden might be better able to handle that vs Romo. Tony R is not the only injury however, and the teams fate will ride on hopefully not sustaining any more serious injuries for a while.

We are are getting ready to go to the PATS- Broncos game at Gillette in a few hours. We've had a couple of inches of snow so far and still snowing. The temperature is expected to be in the low 30's with wind chill factor in the 20's. Not good news for the Broncos as Manning's record in cold temperature is abysmal.

GO PATS.

The PATS dominated the Broncos and Peyton Manning proved again that he cannot win in cold weather. I was at the game and the stadium was electric.

If these two teams meet again in the AFC championship in Foxboro in January he will lose again.

It looked to me like the Broncos (and especially Manning) forgot to pack up their A game before leaving Denver.

Or maybe he was too busy thinking about driving his Nationwide insured Buick down to Papa John's pizza for his next multi-million dollar series of commercials.

Last edited:
It looked to me like the Broncos (and especially Manning) forgot to pack up their A game before leaving Denver.

Or maybe he was too busy thinking about driving his Nationwide insured Buick down to Papa John's pizza for his next multi-million dollar series of commercials.

Yes. I understand that Manning is winning the real game of endorsement and commercial money! It's the entertainment biz and $$$ is the real score!

Somehow I doubt that Peyton sees it that way. Only having won the big game once. This guy is a competitor. I still can't believe he came back from the surgeries and is able to play at the level he plays. I'm neither a Colts nor a Broncos fan but I am a fan of Peyton's. This guy has some serious heart and I wouldn't count him out in January in Foxboro if it comes to that.

I agree with all of what you said. Only problem is his record playing in cold weather is abysmal and Foxboro is cold in January.

Oh well, winning in the NFL is never easy. The same applies to SEC football.

Actually, I'm a big time Manning and fan too. He very rarely "stinks" but he certainly did yesterday. (He even "said that" in an interview after the game)

Maybe the cold did get to his 38 year old body. You would think that someone who can make a commercial in an ice bath whirlpool and who has played in the open air Denver stadium the last few years could handle the cold.

OK, we're about half way through the season. Any predictions on who will be in the Superbowl this season based on the current standings? (Sure a lot can, and probably will change) I'm not sure it will happen but "I'd like to see" the Cowboys and Broncos.

Patriots appear to have best team in football right now especially after the thrashing of the Broncos yesterday. There was interesting stat I heard on the radio the other day.....Patriots have won 40 in a row at home against AFC opponents and when leading at half of games they were 70-0. That is just nuts. They just don't lose at home and over several years are consistently 8-0 and 7-1 at home. How KC blew them out in a game early in the year is mind boggling.

He needs the money!

Are the cowboys about to go on a big losing streak? They didn't play that well as a team against the Cards.

Are the cowboys about to go on a big losing streak? They didn't play that well as a team against the Cards.

I am concerned that the entire offensive unit cannot adjust to picking up blitzes. They need to fix that.

Actually, I'm a big time Manning and fan too. He very rarely "stinks" but he certainly did yesterday. (He even "said that" in an interview after the game)

Maybe the cold did get to his 38 year old body. You would think that someone who can make a commercial in an ice bath whirlpool and who has played in the open air Denver stadium the last few years could handle the cold.

It has nothing to do with his 38 year old body. He has never been a cold weather QB. His all time record in under 40 degree weather is now 8-12 while Brady's record is 41-7.

Denver and Dallas certainly earned their 2 position drops this week. Surprised to see New Orleans moved up 5. Pats and Cards sure look like they belong at the top.

Last edited:
Anyone looking forward to Bears at Packers Sunday night?:facepalm:

I expect a carbon copy of game one.

Rodgers may still have a gimpy hamstring, but that won't be a factor as the Bears can't pressure him anyway :LOL:

The best thing about week 10 is the Texans can't lose this week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom