NFL: 2014 Season

I'm not a Packers fan but Aaron Rodgers was awesome last night.

I suspect I could have been at least an adequate NFL QB with 10 seconds to find a target on pretty much every play. Not taking away from Rodgers, who is a fabulous QB, but Arizona's pass rush was high school quality. GB's wasn't all that much better. Like watching Arena Football.

I suspect I could have been at least an adequate NFL QB with 10 seconds to find a target on pretty much every play. Not taking away from Rodgers, who is a fabulous QB, but Arizona's pass rush was high school quality. GB's wasn't all that much better. Like watching Arena Football.
Agree, neither defense was very good last night as you can see by the higher scores of both teams.

Drats! The Rams couldn't even score one TD to defeat Arizona the other night, who still sit atop the NFC West, 1.5 games ahead of Seattle.

Today I say: Go Bills! Beat Green Bay. But I dunno whether to root for Dallas or Philly for a potential wild card head-to-head. Philly, right? Cause the Hawks beat them but lost to the Cowboys?

Anyway, Go Hawks! Beat those Niners today!

The Texans are now down to their 3rd string QB (Tom Savage) since Fitzpatrick was carted off the field with a leg injury in the first half of today's game. The season is really starting to take it's toll on a number of teams.

But I dunno whether to root for Dallas or Philly for a potential wild card head-to-head. Philly, right? Cause the Hawks beat them but lost to the Cowboys?

I my opinion, its very hard for a team that has beaten you once to do so again in the same season, unless your team is suffering from injuries. That said, I hope the Cowboys don't blow that theory.

What is going on with Rodgers today? Horrible stat line, haven't been watching as I have too much $ on Steelers winning season 8.5 over bet. He must be a ER forum member and read too much about us anointing him GOAT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is going on with Rodgers today? Horrible stat line, haven't been watching as I have too much $ on Steelers winning season 8.5 over bet. He must be a ER forum member and read too much about us anointing him GOAT.

I thought I was watching Cutler/Bears v Buffalo. That's a stat line I expect from Cutler (0 TDs, 2 INT). Rodgers set a season high 25 incomplete (was 18) passes and increased his interceptions from 3 to 5. Now it makes you wonder how good Buffalo really is or was this game fixed? Jordy Nelson had 2 big drops, one was a wide open easy 94 yd TD that hit him in both hands.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was more about the receivers than Rodgers. They couldn't catch anything. Rodgers didn't do bad. The interceptions were from tipped balls that should've been caught.

It was more about the receivers than Rodgers. They couldn't catch anything. Rodgers didn't do bad. The interceptions were from tipped balls that should've been caught.

Actually, one of the interceptions was just good defense. Have to give Buffalo credit. That's a tough place to play.

I guess this shows you that Rodgers is human and so are his receivers. Buffalo gave them an old fashioned whipping.

Johnny Football sure had an awesome day. Yikes!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Anybody like the Bears tonight:LOL::LOL::LOL::nonono::nonono::nonono:

Too bad they're not in the NFC South, they would be in contention for a playoff spot. The hot topic is the chaos in management and OC Kromer crying and admitting he was the one who criticized Cutler to the media.

Oh joy, DeMarco Murray fractured his left hand late in the game, not sure if he will be able to play with a cast or not.

Anybody like the Bears tonight:LOL::LOL::LOL::nonono::nonono::nonono:
Both the Bears and Saints are 5 and 8, but I'll go with the Saints since they actually have more on the line. Still, it's a crap shoot.

Johnny Football sure had an awesome day. Yikes!...

Yes, very unimpressive! Maybe even embarrassing.

While I agree with both of you, if it had been any other rookie quarterback it might not have even been covered at all. Both ints that I saw were rookie mistakes, particularly the second one. But in the after game press conference he seemed very perceptive of the mistakes he had made.

I sort of like the kid and his attitude. I think he has some good skills but is coming to realize that some of the plays he could get away with at the college level won't fly in the NFL where the competition is better, quicker and faster. He'll learn.

Both the Bears and Saints are 5 and 8, but I'll go with the Saints since they actually have more on the line. Still, it's a crap shoot.

Actually, this is the kind of situation where the Bears often shine. They're mathematically eliminated and should be letting the youngsters play in order to evaluate them for next year and to add to their losses to move up in the draft. Instead, they're go all out and perhaps win, spoiling NO's playoff chances.

Da Bears!

That Seahawks' win yesterday made Russell Wilson the QB with the most wins (34, with two more games to go) in his first three career seasons in NFL history--beating Dan Marino and Matt Ryan. Wasn't he #1 (or tied for #) for the first two seasons as well? In his rookie season he tied Peyton Manning for most TDs in his rookie season, and would have beat Manning for what looked to be a makeable passing TD but preferred to have the RB run it in instead, as I recall. Well done, #3. (Having a stellar defense and other talent on the team helps tremendously too.)

Back
Top Bottom