NFL: 2014 Season

Correction a loss. ...

I corrected it. What a monumental collapse.

I didn't understand/thought it strange that the GB defender just slid to the ground rather than trying to gain yardage after that last interception and the talking heads are questioning it too.

That and the GB guy not being able to catch a ball that is right between his hands on that on-side kick and the ball actually hits him in the head!

I didn't understand/thought it strange that the GB defender just slid to the ground rather than trying to gain yardage after that last interception and the talking heads are questioning it too.

That and the GB guy not being able to catch a ball that is right between his hands on that on-side kick and the ball actually hits him in the head!

agree - just unbelievable

On one hand I wanted the Packers to win because I know too many Seahawks fans who annoy me and that whole "12th Man" (ripped off from Texas A&M) and living to just get loud bugs me... but on the other hand I think (or thought) Seattle had a better chance to beat the Evil Empire (Patriots), especially with Rodgers so gimpy. That gimp hurt the Packers a lot, as I think that took away a dimension of their offense in the red zone that forced them to kick five FGs. That is the way you survive FIVE turnovers -- make sure most of them are FGs at worst, not TDs.

That all said, between the twin miracles of the recovered onside kick after a Packer on the "hands team" had it go through his hands and clank him in the helmet and the 2-point conversion on what was basically a "Hail Mary" thrown off the back foot as a floater in the air which is intercepted or knocked down 90% of the time, well.. after that 2-point conversion I basically figured the game was already decided.

And they will have to play a LOT better to beat Darth Belichick, unless the Colts pleasantly surprise me tonight (and you never know -- the Ravens should have beaten the Empire last week.) And as a Texans fan, I hate the Colts. But they aren't the Evil Empire, so now I hold my nose and say "Go Colts!" And I have to hope Sherman has both of his arms back in two weeks, to beat EITHER of these two AFC competitors.

Last edited:

Sorry I cross posted.
I agree don't understand the slide, looked like there were some open yards ahead of him.

The onside kick, wow don't understand the miss. Of course there were a few plays were the ball did what a football was meant to do.

Seattle really came back big time. While I'm a closet GB fan, Seattle took that game in what appeared to be a fair and square way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Sorry I cross posted.
I agree don't understand the slide, looked like there were some open yards ahead of him.

The onside kick, wow don't understand the miss. Of course there were a few plays were the ball did what a football was meant to do.

Seattle really came back big time. While I'm a closet GB fan, Seattle took that game in what appeared to be a fair and square way.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
They are lucky. Boston will kick their ass.

Wow, GB let that one get away from them, but Seattle showed a lot of grit/heart to keep fighting for the win. They earned the win.

Looks like the Pats will win as well, thought the Colts would do better.

I hope the Pats can pull off a SB win, it's been way too long since their last SB. But I have to believe the Seahawks will be favored.

Looks like Luck and the Colts just can't figure out how to play the Pats.

It's a good thing I don't bet, or I'd actually start believing my predictions :)

Given how the Seahawks played today and luckily squeaked by GB and how the Pats are totally dominating a solid Colts team, I find it hard to believe that the Seahawks would be favored.

Given how the Seahawks played today and luckily squeaked by GB and how the Pats are totally dominating a solid Colts team, I find it hard to believe that the Seahawks would be favored.

Maybe. Any one of these teams can win. But Seattle showed some serious ability to not give up. That's not to be underestimated. I'll admit, I gave up before they did and fortunately, they proved me wrong.

The reality is: the team with the best game that day will win.

I'm rooting for the Seahawks. But even after watching the game today, I wouldn't have been disappointed if the Packers won. They were playing a better game for most of the game. Unfortunately for them, they gave it up at the end and Seattle was able to take advantage. Hats off to the Seahawks for not giving up.

As of tonight. The line has Seahawks favored over Pats by 2.5

In the Super Bowl strong defensive teams tend to have an advantage. Last year the Broncos I recall were heavily favored as they dominated the Patriots and the Seahawks squeaked by the 49ers, but the Seahawks defense shut them down. Also, the Patriots lost their last 2 Super Bowl appearances to Giants teams with strong defenses.

Didn't both teams use the same set of balls?

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom