NFL: 2014 Season

I find it funny that people are defending Brady for NOT cooperating!!!

To me, this is worse than the deflation of the balls... since this is an internal NFL matter, he does not have to produce anything, but they can punish him as much as they want.. do not set a precedent allowing people to stonewall and then claim there is not evidence....

Brady was interviewed and questioned for 5.5 hours and answered all of Wells' questions but he refused to hand over his PERSONAL cellphone. He does not trust the leaky league's office with his private information and I don't blame him.

If Brady decides to take it to court after all appeals are exhausted then he will have to provide his cellphone to the court as part of the discovery process.

BTW when Brett Favre refused to hand over his cellphone to the league in 2008 he was only fined 50K.

The reason people hate the Pats and keep "jaw flapping" is because they keep cheating. How many times do they have to be fined , penalized and have people suspended before the Patriot fanboys just admit it to themselves?

The Steelers didn't want Blount anymore anyway. Hes been a trouble maker since college where he was suspended more than once and he was a trouble maker for the Steelers also. I'm sure the Steelers dont care about what he did at all. They wanted him gone. The point is that there is a rule against what The Pats and Blount allegedly did but the Pats dont care about rules. I personally watched the press conference where Blount was asked about agreeing to sign with NE before walking out on the Steelers and he looked guilty as hell. Just like Brady did when he was asked if he lied and he said "I dont think so".

...BTW when Brett Favre refused to hand over his cellphone to the league in 2008 he was only fined 50K.

The good news is (as I see it) those days are gone. Since the Ray Rice incident, things have changed regarding athletes' bad behaviors. The NFL was put on notice that the public (not necessarily football fans) was going to cause them serious problems if they (the NFL) didn't come down harder on guys breaking the law. And, to keep NFL credibility it seems to have carried over to breaking the NFL rules as well.

Heck, if the fine was only $50,000, I wouldn't have turned over my cell phone either. But, missing four games? Yeah, you can have my cell phone--just don't exceed my data plan. Actually, if you like, I can put you on my family plan.

The good news is (as I see it) those days are gone. Since the Ray Rice incident, things have changed regarding athletes' bad behaviors. The NFL was put on notice that the public (not necessarily football fans) was going to cause them serious problems if they (the NFL) didn't come down harder on guys breaking the law. And, to keep NFL credibility it seems to have carried over to breaking the NFL rules as well.

Heck, if the fine was only $50,000, I wouldn't have turned over my cell phone either. But, missing four games? Yeah, you can have my cell phone--just don't exceed my data plan. Actually, if you like, I can put you on my family plan.

Yes indeed times have changed. Media has become the self anointed morality police. Already many have blathered about whether Brady should be allowed to be enshrined at Canton after he retires since this has "impacted his legacy". Heck back before Media wore the white robes, Paul Hornug was suspended a whole year for betting on NFL games as a player and his bust is in Canton. But then again every one thought it was kind of funny back in the day when Gaylord Perry finally got caught and ejected from a game having a substance on the ball. And yes, he is in the HOF also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Favre's incident was an off the field issue. That's applws and oranges when compared to an issue that compromises the integrity of the game of football.

I would have also given up my cellephone but I'm not a Superstar and DW is not a Supermodel.

Personally I am so sick of the Pats/Brady story and so ready for the 2015 season, but that's just me.

Carry on............:greetings10:

Brady was interviewed and questioned for 5.5 hours and answered all of Wells' questions but he refused to hand over his PERSONAL cellphone. He does not trust the leaky league's office with his private information and I don't blame him.

If Brady decides to take it to court after all appeals are exhausted then he will have to provide his cellphone to the court as part of the discovery process.

BTW when Brett Favre refused to hand over his cellphone to the league in 2008 he was only fined 50K.

But according to news sources the NFL said that Brady's lawyers could go through the texts and only give over the ones that mattered!!!

IOW, he had full control of what was going to the NFL and if he wanted could hold back any incriminating texts... his side decided not to even do that....

As to 2008... well, that was a long time ago... I do not think he would get the same treatment today.... I also do not know what they were looking into... so maybe not as big a deal... (I do not plan to do any research as I do not care)...

Goodell is going to personally sit in and decide on the appeal by Brady. Let's see, between saving Brady's or Goodell's own reputation, my bet is Goodell will look out for his own skin. :angel:

If after the appeal, Brady escapes unscathed his new nickname should be Houdini.

Yes indeed times have changed. Media has become the self anointed morality police. Already many have blathered about whether Brady should be allowed to be enshrined at Canton after he retires since this has "impacted his legacy". Heck back before Media wore the white robes, Paul Hornug was suspended a whole year for betting on NFL games as a player and his bust is in Canton. But then again every one thought it was kind of funny back in the day when Gaylord Perry finally got caught and ejected from a game having a substance on the ball. And yes, he is in the HOF also.

I do not think that this will keep him out of the HOF..... someone said that he might not get in with the first vote (which he would have without this)... but he should get in on the second....

Heck, I think Pete Rose should be in the HOF.... he WAS one of the best baseball players of all time... and his 'crime' was not related to his play... yes, it was when he was a coach... but still....

Favre's incident was an off the field issue. That's applws and oranges when compared to an issue that compromises the integrity of the game of football.

I agree completely. Even the Ray Rice situation isn't as severe as Brady's as far as football is concerned. Rice should be prosecuted and hopefully convicted for what he did but it has nothing to do with football. I don't think a player should be fined or suspended for off the field things. Any time he misses for court/jail should be unpaid but that's as far as it should go. What Brady(Pats) did was similar to taking PEDs. It was cheating and gave them an unfair advantage. The penalty for that has to be severe so it doesn't happen again.

You missed the point. The rumor, that Blount would not deny, is that his walking off the field without permission was orchestrated so he could get his release and that he had already worked out a contract with NE in advance.

Respectfully, I really do think you're now entering the realm of conspiracy theorists. It dampens the rest of your well-thought-out comments.

Jus' sayin'

I mean, there was the rumor that Carroll didn't want Lynch to have a hand in the winning touchdown because he'd be MVP and his personal character might taint the NFL (more than it already is).

But that's rubbish as well. (Isn't it?)

The rumor about Lynch is ridiculous. Blount was specifically asked during a press conference about the whole thing and he shrugged his shoulders, chuckled and said something like "you'll never know" or "I'm not gonna answer that". I cant remember his exact words but if you saw the interview, you wouldve been convinced that its either true or Blount wanted people to think it was true to make it look like he outsmarted everyone. Either way, he definitely didnt deny it.

Goodell is going to personally sit in and decide on the appeal by Brady. Let's see, between saving Brady's or Goodell's own reputation, my bet is Goodell will look out for his own skin. :angel:

If after the appeal, Brady escapes unscathed his new nickname should be Houdini.

I think you're correct. He wants to rule on the appeal because he can't afford another decision overturned by an independent arbitrator. I know that the CBA gives him the authority to hear the appeal but if he feels strongly about the evidence presented in the Wells report he should have recused himself as demanded by the NFLPA.

I do not think that this will keep him out of the HOF..... someone said that he might not get in with the first vote (which he would have without this)... but he should get in on the second....

Heck, I think Pete Rose should be in the HOF.... he WAS one of the best baseball players of all time... and his 'crime' was not related to his play... yes, it was when he was a coach... but still....

I agree Texas. Rose's candidacy was for playing, certainly not coaching. If he had never coached or coached after he was elected into Hall he would be there. And we would need a separate thread for all the transgressions past baseball HOF's have committed. Of course he was a pr!ck, refused to acknowledge anything, lied, stonewalled, etc. So my tear hanky is completely dry and unsoiled over the matter.

I agree Texas. Rose's candidacy was for playing, certainly not coaching. If he had never coached or coached after he was elected into Hall he would be there. And we would need a separate thread for all the transgressions past baseball HOF's have committed. Of course he was a pr!ck, refused to acknowledge anything, lied, stonewalled, etc. So my tear hanky is completely dry and unsoiled over the matter.

+1, I really enjoyed watching him play, but he definitely was no choirboy.

...Blount was specifically asked during a press conference about the whole thing and he shrugged his shoulders, chuckled and said something like "you'll never know" or "I'm not gonna answer that". I cant remember his exact words but if you saw the interview, you wouldve been convinced that its either true or Blount wanted people to think it was true to make it look like he outsmarted everyone. Either way, he definitely didnt deny it.

I wasn't convinced that the rumor was true or that Blount wanted people to think it was true. He wasn't under any obligation to admit or deny. I think he just wanted to playfully jerk the press around (which he succeeded in doing).

Last edited:
The reason people hate the Pats and keep "jaw flapping" is because they keep cheating. How many times do they have to be fined , penalized and have people suspended before the Patriot fanboys just admit it to themselves?

The Steelers didn't want Blount anymore anyway. Hes been a trouble maker since college where he was suspended more than once and he was a trouble maker for the Steelers also. I'm sure the Steelers dont care about what he did at all. They wanted him gone. The point is that there is a rule against what The Pats and Blount allegedly did but the Pats dont care about rules. I personally watched the press conference where Blount was asked about agreeing to sign with NE before walking out on the Steelers and he looked guilty as hell. Just like Brady did when he was asked if he lied and he said "I dont think so".
It's still not clear to me whether or not you're a Patriots fan? Could you tell us again, I hear the 100th time's a charm...and then give it a rest maybe. :LOL:

You do realize you're not likely to change anyone's mind, and we surely know we're not going to convince you otherwise. We can live with that, can you?

It's still not clear to me whether or not you're a Patriots fan? Could you tell us again, I hear the 100th time's a charm...and then give it a rest maybe. :LOL:

You do realize you're not likely to change anyone's mind, and we surely know we're not going to convince you otherwise. We can live with that, can you?

You're under no obligation to read anything I write.

Yea, that is kinda my point... they do not put you in the HOF for being a nice guy... they put you in for being a great player with great stats...

I could care less if he lied, beat his wife, etc. etc... nobody has said anything about him cheating on the field... he is not one of the PED takers that will go into the hall without much questions... heck, I bet A Rod will get in at some point and time... he took drugs for years... lied about it and is still playing... which is the bigger 'crime'....

I am not crying over it either... I just think some of the double standards out there are laughable....

And back to topic.... Brady will get in... like others have said, his mistake is very small.... and should not sully his career (much)....

Back
Top Bottom