NFL: 2017 Season

A few thoughts:

(1) The Bills defense. Who knew? Combined with how bad NE's defense is now, never say never, though I think Belichick will fix the worst of it. But as it is now, even Tom Brady can't win more than 10-11 games with this defense. That they can even win 10+ games with this awful defense is telling, IMO.

(2) The 3-1 Rams. Are they for real? They are getting good QB play which makes their running game much better.

(3) NYG. WTH?

(4) I think Houston finally found themselves a QB after years of misery at the position. Coupled with that defense, they are definitely a contender and possibly the scariest team in the AFC (unless NE fixes their porous defense; see above). Houston-KC next week should be really interesting.

(5) Did the LA television market really show the OAKLAND Raiders instead of the LA Chargers? Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

Last edited:
Falcons blew a winnable game at home. The bye could not come at a better time. Julio out with a hip flexor injury, Sanu out with a hamstring, Jack Crawford may be out for the year, Ryan Shraeder Cocussion protocol, Ricardo Allen concussion protocal, Trevon Ward out with a neck injury, Vic Beasely out with a hamstring, Courtney Upshaw out with an ankle iinjury

I tip my hat to the Bills who came in and played a very good game. Their kicker is money!!! Injuries are never an excuse in the NFL. Next man up. The one bad call was blatently bad but the Falcons had plenty of opportunity to put this game away. 2nd and 1 in the redzone, 3rd and 1 in the redzone, 4th and 1 in the redzone with 40 seconds left. Falcons didnt execute and it cost them the game. Falcons coaches, read my lips, RUN THE D*** BALL!!!!

What are Falcon fans saying about the loss of Kyle Shanaghan? He's getting off to a rough start in SF.

What an ending to MNF.

What are Falcon fans saying about the loss of Kyle Shanaghan? He's getting off to a rough start in SF.

Many wanted him to go after botching the Superbowl last year, however I think we are seeing what a change at OC means. The offense continues to look just a bit out of sync and out of rhythm. They show glimmers of last years offense and then they run a play that reminds me that Sark has never coached in the NFL.

Still, the year can be salvaged and it isnt how you start its how you end. The injurys though... wow

Chiefs vs Texans tomorrow night and it's interesting to me on several points and presents a bunch of questions.

Can my lifelong team go 5-0? Can they stay healthy and focused enough to make it over the 1 game hump in the playoffs? Will our weak offensive line be enough protection for Smith, open a few holes for Kareem Hunt?

Texans are a really good team and Deshaun Watson is off to a fantastic start on what could be a 'Aaron Rogers' type career. You have to admire him both as a player and a young man. Will they romp all over us?

And why am I reminded of the length of this bull market? So many pundits are calling the Chiefs (although all talk about the possibility of a correction in their season) I guess I have to trust that in the overall scheme of things, they'll come out just fine.

Last edited:
(4) I think Houston finally found themselves a QB after years of misery at the position. Coupled with that defense, they are definitely a contender and possibly the scariest team in the AFC (unless NE fixes their porous defense; see above). Houston-KC next week should be really interesting.

Chiefs vs Texans tomorrow night and it's interesting to me on several points and presents a bunch of questions.

Texans are a really good team and Deshaun Watson is off to a fantastic start on what could be a 'Aaron Rogers' type career. You have to admire him both as a player and a young man. Will they romp all over us?

Well, not counting their first game of the season, the Texans are playing some of the best football they ever have played IMO. (That first game was one of the worse I've ever watched) Often they have played a few good games in a row only to come back and stink up the place. If they can do well against KC in prime time this Sunday night, I may start believing they have finally got their act together.

Who's slipping for the Texans is JJ Watt....no sacks this year? Could be too many H.E.B. food commercials are making him softer? :LOL:

Busy sports day tomorrow for me with some overlaps. NASCAR playoffs starts at noon, Baseball playoffs (Astros) starts at 1:30, Football (Cowboys) starts at 3:30 and then Football again (Texans) at 7:30 (all ~cst). Hope I have enough beer.

Last edited:
I'm in a location with no cable TV, using my phone for an internet hotspot. I just checked the MNF game to see how many points Stefon Diggs has added to my already won fantasy game. The score is 2-0 Chicago at the 2 minute halftime warning. Sam Bradford is 4-10 for 25 yds. I can see why they rushed him back from his injury. What a difference maker!

Who's slipping for the Texans is JJ Watt....no sacks this year? Could be too many H.E.B. food commercials are making him softer? :LOL:
I'm going to make a prediction that he will have zero sacks this season... Matter of fact, he may be done. The injuries are really piling up.

Last year he missed most of the season for surgeries to repair a herniated disk along with five torn groin and abdominal muscles. This year he's out with a fractured knee along with a broken finger. Maybe he should stick with making HEB and Ford truck commercials.

Last edited:
I'm going to make a prediction that he will have zero sacks this season... Matter of fact, he may be done. The injuries are really piling up.

Last year he missed most of the season for surgeries to repair a herniated disk along with five torn groin and abdominal muscles. This year he's out with a fractured knee along with a broken finger. Maybe he should stick with making HEB and Ford truck commercials.

My bet is he is "footballed out" and will go to Hollywood and make old wartime movies with other "sidelined" athletes. (The Injured Dozen?)

Another option is taking over for the late Jerry Lewis with fund raising programs.

Aaron Rodgers likely out for the season with a broken collarbone. Packers will be lucky to even make the playoffs without Rodgers. :(

Aaron Rodgers likely out for the season with a broken collarbone. Packers will be lucky to even make the playoffs without Rodgers. :(

In 2013 he broke his left collar bone and was out 7 games. Not sure if he will be able to return with it broken on his throwing side.

The Pats went 11-5 in 2007 when Brady went down for the season in the first game. They also went 3-1 last year when Brady was suspended. The difference is they have Belichick and Green bay has MacCarthy.

Really sorry to hear Rodgers got hurt. Even for teams I don’t like, I don’t want to see any player get injured even if it is inevitable.

I’m a Pats fan, but I think they may have got away with a big one today, cost the Jets a TD?

Sorry anybody gets hurt doing anything - cept firing on concert goers. Who's this Rodgers person?

Sorry anybody gets hurt doing anything - cept firing on concert goers. Who's this Rodgers person?

I hope you are joking about "who is this Rodgers person". Aaron Rodgers is the QB for the Packers and is likely going to end up being considered one of the top 5 QBs to ever play. He is no worse than second best among active QBs, Brady being the other.

In 2013 he broke his left collar bone and was out 7 games. Not sure if he will be able to return with it broken on his throwing side.

The Pats went 11-5 in 2007 when Brady went down for the season in the first game. They also went 3-1 last year when Brady was suspended. The difference is they have Belichick and Green bay has MacCarthy.

When he missed 7 games he did not need surgery. If he needs surgery there is no way he'll be back this year. Even without surgery, it's his throwing arm this time so I would expect no less than 8 weeks recovery. Maybe he can be back for the playoffs if GB can manage a wildcard spot. That's a big if. Brady can get hurt and NE can still be a good team but GB without Rodgers is likely not a playoff team. Coaches don't make that much of a difference. The players on the field are what matter and GB doesn't have a lot of really good players just one great one(Rodgers).

Not a Jets fan but what a ridiculous call on the TD that turned into a turnover in the endzone. Sometimes rules and replay take things too far.

Coaches don't make that much of a difference. The players on the field are what matter and GB doesn't have a lot of really good players just one great one(Rodgers).

What:confused:

In the NFL coaching is one of the most important factor in winning or losing a game. A good coach evaluates talent and prepares it to step in when needed. I find it appalling that a team like Green bay with a great QB in Rodgers has only one SB win and a 9-7 playoff record. Good coaching would have surrounded him with good talent and a decent backup prepared it to win more games. If Rodgers played for Belichick he would have won more SBs and the team would have had a better playoff record.

Last edited:
Not a Jets fan but what a ridiculous call on the TD that turned into a turnover in the endzone. Sometimes rules and replay take things too far.

As a Pat's fan, I agree on two points:
  • I hate that rule, we even had a similar one when I played rugby, I think the penalty for fumbling out of bounds into the end zone is too harsh. You fumble and it goes out on the one and you get it where you fumbled. You fumble and it goes out of bounds in the end zone and it is a turnover. Too big a penalty .
  • It was ruled a touchdown. I saw no conclusive evidence he lost the ball in the field or play and did not recover it until he was out of bounds in the end zone.

the ball was out of his hand.. and when he grabbed it .. he was out of bounds. pretty simple.. if no part of your body is touching it.. YOu don't have possession

What:confused:

In the NFL coaching is one of the most important factor in winning or losing a game. A good coach evaluates talent and prepares it to step in when needed. I find it appalling that a team like Green bay with a great QB in Rodgers has only one SB win and a 9-7 playoff record. Good coaching would have surrounded him with good talent and a decent backup prepared it to win more games. If Rodgers played for Belichick he would have won more SBs and the team would have had a better playoff record.

The GM makes most of the personnel decisions, not the coach. The coach works with what he is given. Belichick wouldn't make up for no running game and a bad defense. Rodgers is great and that is why GB has been a decent team for the last decade. The GM needs to pick the right draft picks or make the right trades to get better talent for McCarthy and Rodgers to work with.

The GM makes most of the personnel decisions, not the coach. The coach works with what he is given. Belichick wouldn't make up for no running game and a bad defense. Rodgers is great and that is why GB has been a decent team for the last decade. The GM needs to pick the right draft picks or make the right trades to get better talent for McCarthy and Rodgers to work with.

Do you honestly think that veteran coaches like Belichick and Mccarthy have no say in talent acquisition? In fact Belichick is the final personnel decision maker. In the NFL all successful coaches have major input in personnel decisions.

Besides coaches develop game plans to maximize the talent they have. To say that coaches don't make much of a difference is absurd.

Last edited:

As a Pat's fan, I agree....
  • It was ruled a touchdown. I saw no conclusive evidence he lost the ball in the field or play and did not recover it until he was out of bounds in the end zone.

+1 Worst call ever... call on field was a touchdown and the video evidence was not disputable... the call on the field should have been confirmed. Jets got screwed... and I'm a Patriots fan but fair is fair.

Back
Top Bottom