NFL: 2017 Season

Now he's out for the season--having torn his ACL during practice! :facepalm:
Not a Texans fan or foe, but that’s horrible. Football would be better with fewer injuries, but that may never happen. Maybe CTE will eventually bring about (broader) changes, though I can’t imagine what. I’m sure they would make changes if they knew what to do without the game losing its appeal. I heard a news piece recently that said football participation was down 20% at the HS level, and some HS programs have shut down (though may be more funding than participation).

Last edited:
Apparently Rodgers was the MVP. Packers are pathetic without him.

Apparently Rodgers was the MVP. Packers are pathetic without him.

But your coach said after the game " I believe in Hundley". He's been in the system for 3 years

Their record without Rodgers dating back to 2013 is now 2-8-1 and will be worse by the time he comes back. Compare this to 14-6 record for the Pats without Brady.

Pathetic coaching......

Last edited:
No wonder it costs so much to see a NFL game. Maybe the word 'game' is inappropriate, it should be NFL Enterprise.

Goodell, of all people, should be fired not extended.

If the NFL still a non-profit?

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell reportedly has requested nearly $50 million per year in addition to the lifetime use of a private jet amid contract negotiations with the league.

Goodell, whose proposed contract with the NFL currently is undergoing an approval process, asked the league’s compensation committee in August to raise his salary from $30 million to $49.5 million per year, ESPN reported Sunday.

Goodell also reportedly asked to use a private jet for life, and also requested lifetime health insurance for his family.

Roger Goodell reportedly requests $50 million salary, lifetime private jet in contract talks | Fox News

No wonder it costs so much to see a NFL game. Maybe the word 'game' is inappropriate, it should be NFL Enterprise.

Goodell, of all people, should be fired not extended.

If the NFL still a non-profit?

No, they gave that status up in 2015. For an excellent reason, according to this Time Magazine article

Who’s the big winner here?

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. Remember him calling the exemption a distraction? Well, the largest distraction has been the required public disclosure of his enormous compensation — $44 million in 2012, and $35 million in 2013. When Goodell mishandles an issue like Ray Rice, his paycheck is inevitably thrown in his face. How can a guy making that much money screw up so badly? The commissioner’s pay is also a sore point during collective bargaining negotiations.

Without the tax exemption, the NFL is under no legal obligation to release its commissioner’s salary.

Sports is a money-making enterprise? Who knew...

Didn’t watch much yesterday, but the Cowboys sure sucked. Next week against the Eagles could be ugly...

I didn't watch any of the games, first time in a long time. Just a lot of bad ball being played IMO.

Think of it this way , the NFL is the only job Goodell has ever had , from college to NFL . Such a poor soul to never have the ups and downs of most people . He really needs compensation.

I didn't watch any of the games, first time in a long time. Just a lot of bad ball being played IMO.

I did watch a bit of the Texans, but it got bad quickly and I stopped...

Watched maybe 10 minutes of NE before my DVR said I had 2 minutes before it started to record something else.... I let it record....

Not trying to hijack the thread, but just curious: does anyone here play fantasy football?

It makes the games more interesting (for me) even though I have horrible luck! I'm have a really good team, favored to win virtually every week but have a sub-.500 record and probably won't make the playoffs.

And still I continue to play...

I did watch a bit of the Texans, but it got bad quickly and I stopped...

Well, as a Rams fan, I would have to say it got good. I have to believe Jared Goff has had some cybernetic enhancements or something since last year. What a change! I was just joking when I said it at the beginning of the season, but seriously now, Go Rams!

Not trying to hijack the thread, but just curious: does anyone here play fantasy football?

It makes the games more interesting (for me) even though I have horrible luck! I'm have a really good team, favored to win virtually every week but have a sub-.500 record and probably won't make the playoffs.

Yep. Been playing in the same league for about 25 years now. I've got a great team this year, leading the league in scoring although not in won/lost record. I experimented this year and drafted WRs early, and left the RBs until later. It seems to be paying off, although mostly because the big name RBs are dropping like flies from injuries. Meanwhile AJ Green, Stefon Diggs, and DeAndre Hopkins are racking up the points. Plus I picked up Robert Woods and have been playing him on bye weeks and while Diggs was dinged up. Add in the "mediocre" QBs Alex Smith and Matthew Stafford, and who needs running backs? I'm getting by with Isaiah Crowell and DeMarco Murray. I'm hoping to win it all this year (knock on wood).

I have been playing for 17 years... not as good with football as with baseball and basketball... that is because one bad day does not ruin your team....

My best team is 4th, but should be 2nd if not for taking vacation and injuries while gone... the others are middling or bad.... this is also a bad year for me.... I usually place a couple or three teams... I will have to get lucky to place 2 this year....

Watched maybe 10 minutes of NE before my DVR said I had 2 minutes before it started to record something else.... I let it record....

As it turned out the game was over after 10 minutes. I was expecting a much tougher game for NE as the Broncos had a pretty good success against Brady in the past but not anymore. He's beating them the last two times in Denver.

Talk about bad ball..... a friend of mine is a Giants fan so I recorded the game vs the 49ers on my home DVR and played it for him down here in Florida. Boy, they really stunk up the place. Sad.

Well, a sports announcer said yesterday that the Texans have clinched a losing season this year. They looked bad playing hapless San Francisco, and also lost.

Yeah, the Chiefs almost snatched defeat out of a promising early season yesterday, guess I'll have to pay attention a little longer.

I think the NFL is fixed anymore , I am betting next week Patriots beat the Steelers BUT the Steelers are Superbowl bound for another ring.

I watched the Cincy. game last week and anytime the Cincy Bengals got a first down it was a penalty . Everytime the Steelers didn't get a first down on third down there was a penalty .

Even Jon Gruden kept saying , I didn't see it . Someone once told me the teams that get the most advertising and media sales and superstars will be your playoff teams . Watch Green bay become a wild card . Discount Doublecheck guy.

It just blows me away .

I think the NFL is fixed anymore , I am betting next week Patriots beat the Steelers BUT the Steelers are Superbowl bound for another ring.

I watched the Cincy. game last week and anytime the Cincy Bengals got a first down it was a penalty . Everytime the Steelers didn't get a first down on third down there was a penalty .

Even Jon Gruden kept saying , I didn't see it . Someone once told me the teams that get the most advertising and media sales and superstars will be your playoff teams . Watch Green bay become a wild card . Discount Doublecheck guy.

It just blows me away .

I was at the Texans game yesterday (Via free ticket). Between the waves of penalties and the time outs for TV COMMERCIAL BREAKS, it was like watching paint dry. You wouldn't believe how many people left early, and the stadium was only about 1/2 full to start with.

Yeah, the Chiefs almost snatched defeat out of a promising early season yesterday, guess I'll have to pay attention a little longer.
I kept telling DW they would find a way to lose. It's been a thugly year.

The NFL ratings are down. In my opinion the awful and inconsistent officiating is one reason for it. The fights and illegal hits is another. I used to watch 2 games every Sunday and every Monday night game. Now I only watch my team's play and once Brady and Belichick retire I'm not sure I'll watch any NFL games anymore.

The NFL ratings are down. In my opinion the awful and inconsistent officiating is one reason for it. The fights and illegal hits is another. I used to watch 2 games every Sunday and every Monday night game. Now I only watch my team's play and once Brady and Belichick retire I'm not sure I'll watch any NFL games anymore.

According to what I read recently about Vegas betting, college games are gaining in popularity with the betting crowd.

I used to watch a lot of NFL , but anymore it is like the WWF . I really hate that. The officiating is like playing a game against your father , the rules always change. Last week in the Bengals / Pittsburgh game Jon Gruden talked about last year the Bengals getting two 15 yard penalties on one play . A total of 30 yards on one play . He said he had never seen that before . The dirty play has to stop , I guarantee any time I watch Pittsburgh they lead with their head from James Harrison , Ryan Shazier and now TJ Watt . I think it is being taught in Pittsburgh . Last week Jon Gruden showed 5 new rules that have come because of the dirty play of Pittsburgh against Cincy . over the years . I am sick of this .

Back
Top Bottom