Pacquiao vs Mayweather

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just listened to Manny Pacquiao on Adam Carrola's podcast (my neighborhood daily walk routine) and it was fascinating... he's an interesting guy. Seems to be very sincere and humble. Every answer was professional. Very patriotic about his home country. When he fights, the whole of the Philippines totally shuts down to watch.

So, pretty boy Floyd Mayweather (the exact opposite personality and morals) has the contract to fight and will probably sign it soon, unless he dodges Manny like he has for 5 years.

Pacquiao said that the split will be 60/40, Mayweather gets the 60. Pacquiao said that he agreed to everything Mayweather wanted so all the excuses would be gone. He even suggested that they both give 100% of the proceeds to charity, but that's so totally not Mayweather's style.

In any event, if it happens, it is going to be a HUGE fight. Can't wait.. guess it's obvious who I'm pulling for. :clap:

Not a huge fight fan, but this one is almost a melodrama, except for the damsel in distress part....

I listen to Adam just about every day. BTW you spelled his name wrong. lol. It's one of his pet peeves.

This will probably be the highest grossing fight of all time but the last five years have not been kind to Manny. He lost a couple fights and took a lot of hits meanwhile Mayweather is such a superior defensive fighter he always looks sharp and never gets into a slugfest. Mayweather is quicker but Manny has more power.

Yes, everyone thinks that Floyd is a dick and Manny is universally loved but Mayweather is going to win this fight.

I was on a plane to Hartford, CT a few weeks ago and we were sitting just behind the bulk head. There was a guy sitting in 1st class a few rows up, and he had a baseball cap and jacket that said "TMT" "The Money Team". I knew who it was, and when we deplaned I said to him from behind, that sounds like Floyd's team and he turned around and said, it better be, cause I'm his daddy. He told me the the fight was made with Pacquiao and that Floyd would get 60% of the gate.

I am not a Mayweather lover either, but I suspect Floyd will win this one as well, unless Manny can catch him early with a bomb. Both of these guys are old for fighters, late 30s.

Who and who?

Don't think I've watched a boxing match since George Foreman. I'd hate to get hit by any of them, but George had a fist the size of a ham...

Random memory cell firing: a bunch of us pitched in for a Tyson fight v. :confused: on PPV. Plenty of libations and food; fight lasted about twenty seconds...

Edit: GIYF, must have been the Michael Spinks fight, which lasted a whopping 91 seconds.

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom