Poll: How hot are you?

Fooled ya. What temperature (fahrenheit) is it outside where you are?

• >80

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • >60

Votes: 38 27.0%
  • >40

Votes: 28 19.9%
  • >20

Votes: 21 14.9%
  • >10

Votes: 23 16.3%
  • >-10

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • >-30

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • >-50

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
So yesterday I took pictures of the lake ice with no snow. Today Greg, whose hands are out of commission, taught me to use the snowblower. Manly toy that it is.

img_484749_0_57e098a6eea640f39a0f283c27bf5ecf.jpg

Results of the latest snow fall...from space...

UnitedStates_TMO_2007050.jpg

"Snow over the Northeast United States

After a late-winter snow and ice storm, the clouds over the Northeast United States cleared on February 19, 2007, affording the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on NASA’s Terra satellite this stunning view of the brown and white landscape. Snow stretches from Maine to Virginia, highlighting the curving folds of the Appalachian Mountains, branch-like rivers and streams, and the solid white smoothness of frozen lakes. Beautiful though the snow is, it trapped hundreds of motorists in eastern Pennsylvania, shut down some air and train travel, closed businesses and schools, triggered power outages, and caused 15 deaths, reported CNN on February 15."

It might be ice forming. Because it was so warm in early winter, the lakes were still open water into January. Which is why Northern NY got so much snow; lake effect over open warm water.

Wow! Those last couple of pix makes me home sick! NOT!!! It was sunny and 81 today on the beach here in Florida! I'm lovin' it!!! 8)

It's 74 now (at 9 o'clock at night)

Martha,

Just so you won't feel so bad about having to go out and mow your sidewalk again in the next couple of days, I had to mow my grass weeds today. I managed to get it done without a backseat driver. ;)

So has the snow melted in CO and MN yet?

It hit 80F in Santa Clara (Silicon Valley) today. Actually a little to warm for me!

But I suppose that I shouldn't complain to much :D

MB

Back
Top Bottom